Dimitrij Ovtcharov Serving Technique

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
As always, fantastic video @bbll Ovtcharov's backhand serve has so much speed whilst maintaining such a controlled brush on the ball!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
It seems I have heard Dimitrij came from other country. Does anyone know which country he came from and do you think it is German which made him so strong or the original training gave him that good foundation?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
From all the reviews i seen, the plastic balls do not effect the spin on the serves. Also its not like there is no spin at all. There is surely spin on it but only less than before.
You need to try it by yourself (plastic ball). it's yes spins well enough on serves and on loops, you see very curved trajectory of the ball on loop, but you returning ball with ease, even with very ease, just place the blade in right place and point the ball to wanted direction, that's it, you got the table :)
It's totally different from cell-ball game, I won't say that plastic ball slower than cell-ball, but game become more simple, and that not good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Great skills indeed,but when he plays he seems so stiff ,so omputerized (Boll,does too).I like more of Maze.