New changes to the gamme - net rule

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
if it passed, i will be pretty confused. it's kind of ridiculous

(1) it's logical if they want to make it more UNFAIR, and LUCK-dependent (net dependent). spin becomes arbitrary after hitting net, which means it is not about skill.

Let me yell instead, the NET is different, the net got loosened during the match...

(2) it's not logical if they want to make it more FAIR, if their argument is: there're cases where umpire misjudged and player 1 played on, and player 2 stopped playing (like in tennis, whether players should play on). Okay.

we can do a simple calculation: (number of controversial cases) / (number of total net cases) = ??%
if that number is high, like 50% maybe you should think about it. but in reality. the only recent ones I remember was Ma long vs chuang in wtttc 2014. other than that, I don't remember on top of my head another case in finals.

after all these years, I am doubtful of how ittf passes laws (I don't know whether the polyball will be good, which is irrelevant to this matter. the thing that mattered to me, is how a law is passed. in the polyball case, I have always thought the law was passed way too early, as in: a more consistent standard across all companies should have established and tested BEFORE the law was passed (yes costs a lot of $), but the fact that players don't know which balls to adopt/ stick with, months before the ball going out, reflects the policy making.

what about not trying to constantly change the game, and leave the game alone for a few days? focus on promoting the sports and CHANGING THE WEBSITE which ittf said it will change this year.

what about adding a sensor like tennis does? i don't know if the ball is heavy enough, but I'm pretty sure it is doable.

Last edited: