My 40+ Balls and Gears

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Happy to see Xu Xin back to the World Rank Number 1 spot right before the year end. May not last long but enough to get me exited one more time. And then I found Stiga made an unexpected move to release a smaller than normal Penhold size called Pen Ace. Out of curiosity I went ahead and bought another Xu Xin Blue Tag in PAC form from Japan just in time for Christmas. The unique Japanese box and JTTAA burn mark are enough to put a smile on my face. :)
pac4.jpgpac2.jpgpacc.jpg

The blade face of PAC is 150 x 160mm, down from standard 151 x 162mm. I believe Stiga has enlarged their blade face not long ago to better accommodate the 40+ balls which means some of the old Stigas are having normal size handle but smaller PAC size face so only the handle is new.
pac3.jpg

I must say it took me some time to get used to the smaller PAC handle. It really is that small and I just can't feel holding it sometimes. The difference in blade face by the way is not that dramatic. But then with more practice I found the smaller handle helps with better flexibility and easier angle changing so one can play a more active game. The standard handle is more to do with stability and power transfer so both have their highs and lows.
pac5.jpgpac6.jpg

The new Stiga DNA rubber is great in many areas especially grip and punch. But somehow it took me a while to feel right on the smaller Dynasty. Obviously it is me with the smaller handle and not the rubber to blame. For now I would still prefer the sure grip and power from the old but more choice for customers is always a big plus.
XX1.jpg

Dynasty Carbon Xu Xin Edition Blue Tag PAC
Weight : 189.5g (FH Stiga DNA H, BH Stiga DNA M)
Blade Face : 150 x 160 mm
Thickness : 5.9 mm

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Economical tables is a trash money waste/ You will get all your balls speckled in a hour, sorry/

Last edited: