Butterfly Primorac Carbon or Gergely?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If you play close to the table and use mostly drives without a ton of spin, either blade will work well for you, although the edge would be to Gergely. FH to FH or BH to BH drills, either blade will do it with ease at high speed and little spin used.

if you prefer a more allround offensive style emphasizing spin, especially from mid-distance, then by far the Primorac Carbon suits you better.

If you are a close to the table combination inverted / OX LP punchblocker/attacker, then Gergely with a control rubber and OX Grass D-Techs will make you king of your style giving you super human ability to smash the ball through your opponent and penetrate a full meter into a solid concrete wall, all the while leaving a rad vapor trail in it's wake.

if you want to use your bat as a club to strike some armed bank robbers who are fleeing towards you and you wish to render them utterly senseless for a full hour until police arrive using just one strike each, I would say the Gergely by a country mile. Getting hit by the edge of that thin at combat speed is a sure way to the hospital.

Basically, without qualifying the question some moar, there is no way to say this is better than that.

Reactions: JHB
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I like how TTD does its reviews of equipment.

Just watch some of them and they show you what they use, how they used it, it what situation, and how it felt and performed.

One ought to use some of the same considerations when asking about how such and such equipment is suitable or strong.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
+1.

T05 is one of those rubbers that will perform well on just about any blade. Unfortunately, T05 never lasted me more than a month when I was in Korea, so it got too expensive to use as even just a FH rubber. Aurus also works well on just about every blade, you know what you are getting and it costs 1/2 the price.