BTY Viscaria or Zhang Jike ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
There is no better or worse. Viscaria is softer and ha more flex, so it has a lot of power and speed when you hit it hard, but it is too slow for many near the table when not powering the ball so much, although it is very controlled. Some people want a blade that has speed when just hitting the ball, and they don't need as much control. There isn't as much spring when hitting the ball hard but it's faster. NOTE: I have not tried JZK ALC but I read a lot about it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
There is no better or worse. Viscaria is softer and ha more flex, so it has a lot of power and speed when you hit it hard, but it is too slow for many near the table when not powering the ball so much, although it is very controlled. Some people want a blade that has speed when just hitting the ball, and they don't need as much control. There isn't as much spring when hitting the ball hard but it's faster. NOTE: I have not tried JZK ALC but I read a lot about it.

This is not true: I currently have both a ZJK-ALC and a Viscaria of the same weight. I've also had another heavier ZJK-ALC and 2 other Viscarias before.

I'm assuming that their hardness & flex levels should be roughly the same. However, all my ZJK-ALC blades were softer than the Viscaria counterparts.

The ZJK-ALC also has a much better blade balance given the beefier handle.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I have played with both blades a lot, own multiple copies of each. ZJK-ALC is a little stiffer. To me they feel about same hardness but both are relatively soft. The two ZJK-ALC I have are just a bit faster than most of my Viscarias. The handle of ZJK is larger, some people will like it some won't. I still prefer my Viscaria blades, I think they are just a little more controlled for me, possibly from years of familiarity. However I am keeping my ZJK-ALC blades because I think they may be worth trying with the new balls. They are the two most similar blades in the Btfly catalog. It amuses me that ZJK still uses a Viscaria, but ZJK-ALC is a great blade also.

Last edited:
says Aging is a killer
I have played with both blades a lot, own multiple copies of each. ZJK-ALC is a little stiffer. To me they feel about same hardness but both are relatively soft. The two ZJK-ALC I have are just a bit faster than most of my Viscarias. The handle of ZJK is larger, some people will like it some won't. I still prefer my Viscaria blades, I think they are just a little more controlled for me, possibly from years of familiarity. However I am keeping my ZJK-ALC blades because I think they may be worth trying with the new balls. They are the two most similar blades in the Btfly catalog. It amuses me that ZJK still uses a Viscaria, but ZJK-ALC is a great blade also.

Baal, how much time passed between your Viscaria purchases? And how was Bty QC, did they play/feel very similar to each other?

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Interesting question. I currently own five Viscarias purchased over the last couple of years. The oldest of these is far better than the others, which are quite similar to each other, but again, not identical. QC seems fine, although I have to say that they have gotten lighter and faster than they were when I first started using them. Unfortunately, two older ones I had that were perfect were stolen, and some of the ones before that I gave away or sold, which I regret. Still, if you buy a Viscaria now, it is still on average a really good blade.

Last edited: