Andro Rasant vs Butterfly Tenergy Series

This user has no status.
Last month I wrote an email to Butterfly complaining about prices lol but I still haven't received an answer and I highly doubt I will. Anyways, Tenergy isn't the best rubber. There is no such thing as a best rubber, it all depends on your game. You can find yourself more confortable with Tenergy just as you can find yourself more comfortable with an XP 2008. It is just a sure bet, when you buy it, in 90% of the cases you know you'll find yourself well. I'll stick with it for this year but when next summer comes I'll have to try some other rubbers out (budget permitting), such as Rakza or Baracuda. In most of the cases there will be another combo you find more comfortable with and it doesn't depend on the price, if you play better with a 20$ Aurus there's no reason to buy a 70$ Tenergy.
I played with baracuda. It was so crap. I now play with rasant powersponge, it is so good [emoji3].

Hey guys, have you ever wondered if there could be a suitable alternative for Tenergy for a lower price yet possesses similar speed, control and spin? Rasant is the answer. But it isn't just the BEST alternative for Tenergy, it is better than Tenergy. I will explain further and I will do some tests with Rasant on my Infinity VPS blade later. Well, I've tried the setup and it works amazingly on my backhand and even my friends say that my backhand is more lethal than before. I could do some Fan Zhendong/Zhang Jike backhand flicks easily with no effort as well as some strong backhand drives and backhand topspins against backspins. If you're looking for a rubber cheaper and better than Tenergy, ANDRO RASANT is your FIRST choice!

You should try Donic Bluefire M1 Turbo or JP 01 Turbo. I think its better than tenergy! Also the new P1 might be even better than all of them! :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Last month I wrote an email to Butterfly complaining about prices lol but I still haven't received an answer and I highly doubt I will. Anyways, Tenergy isn't the best rubber. There is no such thing as a best rubber, it all depends on your game. You can find yourself more confortable with Tenergy just as you can find yourself more comfortable with an XP 2008. It is just a sure bet, when you buy it, in 90% of the cases you know you'll find yourself well. I'll stick with it for this year but when next summer comes I'll have to try some other rubbers out (budget permitting), such as Rakza or Baracuda. In most of the cases there will be another combo you find more comfortable with and it doesn't depend on the price, if you play better with a 20$ Aurus there's no reason to buy a 70$ Tenergy.

Haha what do you think they would answer? Sorry mate we will lower our prices in the future? :D Really agree with you that there issn't any best rubber, everything is so individual. I think the mix between rubber and blade is the most important when it comes to the equipment, to find a good match! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: reppina
says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews
Yepp!
First thing is the properties of the Rubber and the Blade and the glue that you use. And after such material stuff there is you with you technique and style. Firstly I tried some Donic blades with Donic rubbers, then all butterfly blades nad they have a good feeling each, but different. So I got a glimpse on a good blade feeling for a looper/attacker blade how Donic and Butter imagine it. And when I mixed up some brands in many cases I fond some properties enhanced and some worsen, like feeling, speed, control, dynamic etc... Luckily there are some combos that actually work good. I have not found a really good blade to play JOOLA MAXXX 500 with, on butter W5 it resonated like a earthquake, could not engage the sponge, on Donic Waldner Senso Carbon it played very controlled, but there was no spin and lack of speed. But yesterday I paired it with Yinhe Venus 16 (Butter M. Maze clone) and it plays like a dream.

Issue with Tenergies is the durability and the price. After 4-6 weeks, the rubber lose all its dynamic, lose its "spring sponge", the rubber becomes deadly slow. T80 is even worse than T05 and T64 in terms of durability. Tenergy is a rubber meant to be tuned BTW, if you don't its quite slow and inert compares to Evolution/Bluefires/Whatever.....but untuned Tenergies are still a very good control rubbers (if you don't use booster on them) and this is why they are popular, even untuned, at amateur level......very good control, very good spin, for a quite slow speed.........and this is what most amateur players need.

If Andro was paradise like you wrote why are not the pros playing with it?

Rasant is used at pro level. I know some pro A, pro B players which are using it in France.
Here you can see that it is used at pro stage (german bundesliga) : http://www.mytischtennis.de/public/fotos/355/ndm-2015-die-schlaeger-der-deutschen-stars

Last edited:
Forgot to mention Xiom Omega and Vega series as good alternatives considering durability, speed and spin.

Tuned Omega IV pro, tuned Evolution MX-P and tuned T05 are very very very similar rubbers. Once I tried a M. Maze tenergy (he gave it to a friend after a match at the euro-asia 2012.......even when I tune my T05, it doesn't reach this level of speed, catapult and eleasticity, rubber definitely not same as the commercial one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
What about Rasant Grip/Power Grip vs Bluefire JP series?

I have Powergrip/Grip on one blade and JP01 Turbo/Airoc M on other. Airoc M is a bit behind in power. JP01 Turbo is a bit behind in control. The Andro pair is about right in every aspect especially the neutral throw. Yet Tenergy just got the distinctive soft sponge feel with power which Rasant is still behind but getting close.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Issue with Tenergies is the durability and the price. After 4-6 weeks, the rubber lose all its dynamic, lose its "spring sponge", the rubber becomes deadly slow. T80 is even worse than T05 and T64 in terms of durability. Tenergy is a rubber meant to be tuned BTW, if you don't its quite slow and inert compares to Evolution/Bluefires/Whatever.....but untuned Tenergies are still a very good control rubbers (if you don't use booster on them) and this is why they are popular, even untuned, at amateur level......very good control, very good spin, for a quite slow speed.........and this is what most amateur players need.

Rasant is used at pro level. I know some pro A, pro B players which are using it in France.
Here you can see that it is used at pro stage (german bundesliga) : http://www.mytischtennis.de/public/fotos/355/ndm-2015-die-schlaeger-der-deutschen-stars

Yes sorry of course some players use it (especially players sponsored by Andro), I only meant that if the rubber was as good as he claims, no one should use anything els. If you look at the pros playing with Tenergy compared to Rasant you will see a big difference. :) What I mean is that I have no problems with Maxwell choi thinking it's the best rubber in the world, I don't doubt it is for him. I just meant that how a rubber suits a player is very individual, and I thinks it's wrong to say that a rubber can be the best one for everyone.

Last edited:
Pros have special tenergies and tune them raazzz, there is NO pro player using untuned Tenergy, and from what I can see since 2007 and the introduction of Tenergy is that very very very few amateur players are bossting their Tenergies, so there is no point speaking about the pros préférences since they :

- have special tenergies unlike mass market tenergy,
- they tune their tenergies, unlike most amateurs players.

The characteristics of a tuned Tenergy are VERY FAR from an untuned one and in fact raazzzz, you should give a try to tuned Tenergy 05, untuned T05 and Rasant and answer this question :

- Is the untuned T05 playing closer to tuned T05 than untuned Rasant ?

And I'll tell you the result of my various tests since years and years : almost any untuned tensor rubber is playing closer to tuned T05 than untuned T05.
If there was absolutely NO USAGE of tuner at pro stage, NO pros would use them (far to slow compared to latest untuned Tensors), I have no problem saying that since I heard it from all pros and semi-pros players I have the chance to speak with (and most of them use Tenergies, even if sponsored by Stiga/Andro/Cornilleau....).

I have no problem with an advanced offensive player telling me that Rasant is better at everything compared to Tenergies, really......because its true, as long as you consider untuned rubber. Not true when you consider tuned T05 which remains, since 2007, the absolute benchmark.

An analogy, during speed glue era my rubber of choice was Bryce on FH and Bryce FX on BH, both speed glued of course. But if you were to ask me, in 2005 for example, which unglued rubber was playing the closer to my glued Bryces, there is NO WAY I would have said unglued Bryces, I would have easy found 15 rubbers playing closer to my glued Bryces than unglued Bryces (but still all those rubbers would have been miles away from glued Bryces).

Also, untuned Tenergies are so slow that they permit the usage of premium ultra fast blades such has Mizutani Jun, Photino, Super ZLC's........and at amateur level, when you use such blades, of course slow untuned Tenergies will suit you the best lol, faster tensors will be considered not controlable by most players. This is why I still continue to recommend them at my club, despite the price, because untuned they are very very good rubbers even for low level players.

And I myselft switched back to tuned T05 on FH, the season is finished and I wanna try it on various blades to chose a racket for next season. Tunning a T80 for my BH tests right at the moment :D
And I can already tell you that tuned T05 + carbonado 190 is very good combination, if you wonder :D

Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews
Well, if you know where to buy, you can buy "PRO" Tenergy for twice the price. Ofcourse you will get a certificate to it, that every Tenergy is equal, but this "Pro" is more equal for 110€/sheet.

Well I believe that all professional player's equipment is carefully seleted from the best batches of production, maybe some of them is not even the same product as you get in the shops.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Thanks for the explanation Killerspintt, guess I have to give Rasant another try ;) I have also like you guys heard that it's a very big difference from the pros Tenergys and the ones we can buy, would really like to try one of those "pro" Tenergys quoliszz but don't know of it's worth 110 euros for one sheet.

Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews
I personally won't buy tenergy because of the price, even the club I play is sponsored by Butterfly and the sheets are 25% discounted, but I can buy a pair of Donic, JOOLA and a bit less then a pair of Tibhar sheets for the same price. Xiom sheets cost 60% of a Tenergy. So in my case money tals... but Andro, TSP, Nittaku is not cheap here so I can not test them.

As far as I know you can order PRO Tenergy officially from the German Butterfly.

This user has no status.
I personally won't buy tenergy because of the price, even the club I play is sponsored by Butterfly and the sheets are 25% discounted, but I can buy a pair of Donic, JOOLA and a bit less then a pair of Tibhar sheets for the same price. Xiom sheets cost 60% of a Tenergy. So in my case money tals... but Andro, TSP, Nittaku is not cheap here so I can not test them.

As far as I know you can order PRO Tenergy officially from the German Butterfly.

I have to agree that Donic rubbers are a very good alternative, I have tried all the Acuda range and almost all of the Bluefires. Acudas are very good in terms of durability, Bluefires are worse than the Acudas. Though I think that these rubbers are very good, they feel quite different from the Tenergy. The rubber that I found to be very similar to Tenergy, and even better, is the Xiom Sigma II Europe. It felt very similar to Tenergy but was better in the short game. I am seriously thinking to get a pair of these after my Acuda wear off. I am also waiting for the new Acuda Blue series to come out, because I think they will be great rubbers, but I also will need them to have a decent durability. Anyway, I am sure I won't pay 60 euros for a sheet of Tenergy...

Reactions: Tompa8888
I have to agree that Donic rubbers are a very good alternative, I have tried all the Acuda range and almost all of the Bluefires. Acudas are very good in terms of durability, Bluefires are worse than the Acudas. Though I think that these rubbers are very good, they feel quite different from the Tenergy. The rubber that I found to be very similar to Tenergy, and even better, is the Xiom Sigma II Europe. It felt very similar to Tenergy but was better in the short game. I am seriously thinking to get a pair of these after my Acuda wear off. I am also waiting for the new Acuda Blue series to come out, because I think they will be great rubbers, but I also will need them to have a decent durability. Anyway, I am sure I won't pay 60 euros for a sheet of Tenergy...

Which acuda did you use? S1 Turbo?