Michael Maze, best player of the world

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I really feel that Maze has a lot of potential and superb ball control. However, I stopped liking him as a player once he started showing frustration during matches. To understand what I am saying checkout his match with Dima during olympics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews
Maze is one of my favorite players. He has some caracter like Mcenroy in tennis. I remember that single incident when he was well not polite against referee but to be honest it was a situation (9-10 against him and fault serve without warning) where that kind of reaction was only human. He is never unpolite toward his opponent just gets frustrate to him self.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Maze is one of my favorite players. He has some caracter like Mcenroy in tennis. I remember that single incident when he was well not polite against referee but to be honest it was a situation (9-10 against him and fault serve without warning) where that kind of reaction was only human. He is never unpolite toward his opponent just gets frustrate to him self.

I agree. I did not really see anything wrong with him getting mad there. That call that the umpire made, may have caused him that match. It looked like he had control of the match until that call.

And Maze's raw talent is just amazing to watch. It is rare that someone who has won so little is really that good.

The best player, No. But an amazing player, Yes. A bit of a bad boy, some antics, a bit cocky, yes. But, man he has amazing talent and perhaps could have been the best European player in a long time if he had not had so many injuries.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I agree. I did not really see anything wrong with him getting mad there. That call that the umpire made, may have caused him that match. It looked like he had control of the match until that call.

And Maze's raw talent is just amazing to watch. It is rare that someone who has won so little is really that good.

The best player, No. But an amazing player, Yes. A bit of a bad boy, some antics, a bit cocky, yes. But, man he has amazing talent and perhaps could have been the best European player in a long time if he had not had so many injuries.
Agreed! I would like to see that video of him (going kinda) beserk. I have seen it before and should be out there. Anyone a link?

Last edited: