Anyone Tried Xiom Musa or Donic Vario?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Hi guys! :) I'm starting to think of having an option of Xiom Musa and Donic Vario in exchange for my DHS H3(commercial) since its starting to wore off(meaning its already losing its spin)... I know that it is kinda far from my original rubber(DHS H3) because it is really a hard sponge rubber and it focuses on spin, but I kinda like to have a soft-medium paced sponge rubber since I'm already using my BH(Xiom vega) for my FH to ready myself in changing my rubber... need you guys for some advices :)) tnx :)

This user has no status.
Hi guys! :) I'm starting to think of having an option of Xiom Musa and Donic Vario in exchange for my DHS H3(commercial) since its starting to wore off(meaning its already losing its spin)... I know that it is kinda far from my original rubber(DHS H3) because it is really a hard sponge rubber and it focuses on spin, but I kinda like to have a soft-medium paced sponge rubber since I'm already using my BH(Xiom vega) for my FH to ready myself in changing my rubber... need you guys for some advices :)) tnx :)

I've tried Xiom Musa. Note that it is Xiom's first ever non-tensor rubber, however it is abit faster than glued Mark V when it is speedglued. It is quite heavy though even if it is non-tensor. It is very stable and controllable. It is not that attacking rubber as it focuses on control and placement when playing. Slow. IMO, it is the Mark V or Sriver of Xiom. A good classic rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I've tried Xiom Musa. Note that it is Xiom's first ever non-tensor rubber, however it is abit faster than glued Mark V when it is speedglued. It is quite heavy though even if it is non-tensor. It is very stable and controllable. It is not that attacking rubber as it focuses on control and placement when playing. Slow. IMO, it is the Mark V or Sriver of Xiom. A good classic rubber.

how about the spin it produces? :) does it make a spinny one or just an average?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Spin is average. Maybe about 15% spinnier than Sriver and Mark V. The topsheet is a bit soft compared to two but I think their sponges are similar in hardness.

hmmm. a softer sponge... then I would be placing it in my FH side after I bought it... :D, Btw, how 'bout the Donic vario? did you have an encounter with that rubber? :)

This user has no status.
hmmm. a softer sponge... then I would be placing it in my FH side after I bought it... :D, Btw, how 'bout the Donic vario? did you have an encounter with that rubber? :)

No, the topsheet is softer not the sponge. They have similar sponge hardness. I haven't tried vario. Musa is really good in control but it is too slow for FH. It is good in BH but again too slow. But flicking and touch shots are very good because of the lesser speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
No, the topsheet is softer not the sponge. They have similar sponge hardness. I haven't tried vario. Musa is really good in control but it is too slow for FH. It is good in BH but again too slow. But flicking and touch shots are very good because of the lesser speed.

ah, i see also other reviews for the rubber says that it best suits in BH, so gonna try it and decide whether it will be on my Fh or BH :)

This user has no status.
If you are having trouble with H3 on your FH, you can try Blue Whale 2 national rubber. It is a Chinese rubber but with a much more active sponge. Sir Carl says it is close to a Tibhar Grip-S. I've used the Blue Whale 2 rubber and it is faster than the commercial H3 and the sponge is really active. It is like a Chinese/Euro hybrid rubber. It is pretuned and last 1 month. After that the speed decreases but the topsheet tack remains the same. Musa and Blue Whale are on the same price range on Topcoms.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
If you are having trouble with H3 on your FH, you can try Blue Whale 2 national rubber. It is a Chinese rubber but with a much more active sponge. Sir Carl says it is close to a Tibhar Grip-S. I've used the Blue Whale 2 rubber and it is faster than the commercial H3 and the sponge is really active. It is like a Chinese/Euro hybrid rubber. It is pretuned and last 1 month. After that the speed decreases but the topsheet tack remains the same. Musa and Blue Whale are on the same price range on Topcoms.

yep,, kinda having trouble of the speed of h3, though I'm already doing a full swing to acquire a faster ball in h3, still it is slow -___-"... never heard of that blue whale 2, hmmm, might add that to my list for replacing h3.. how about it's durability?

This user has no status.
yep,, kinda having trouble of the speed of h3, though I'm already doing a full swing to acquire a faster ball in h3, still it is slow -___-"... never heard of that blue whale 2, hmmm, might add that to my list for replacing h3.. how about it's durability?

If you're talking about topsheet durability, it is good. The tack remains the same, it also doesn't chip in the edges. After approximately 1 month the speed decreases, but still it is faster than the commercial H3.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
If you're talking about topsheet durability, it is good. The tack remains the same, it also doesn't chip in the edges. After approximately 1 month the speed decreases, but still it is faster than the commercial H3.

ahhh,, that's pretty good to hear :D.. finally i've got some ideas on how it would feel like when it is in a clipper wood :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013

You dont have to make that full swing everytime if you are using h3, make your arms strong (mag weights ka), you have to brush, make the ball sink on spin (kamutin mo ng todo ang bola kapag mag spin ka) do not hit the ball..brush it hard.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
You dont have to make that full swing everytime if you are using h3, make your arms strong (mag weights ka), you have to brush, make the ball sink on spin (kamutin mo ng todo ang bola kapag mag spin ka) do not hit the ball..brush it hard.

I'm having my weights for my arms for about 1 year already... but gotta practice brushing it more than hitting it hard.

This user has no status.
i myself don't play with the Donic Vario, but a friend of mine does and i tried a few times, good control, decent spin but not really fast, if it's power you're searching you won't find it in this rubber. He uses it on his backhand and even there it sometimes lacks some power. However it's great rubber for beginners and allround players who like to have a lot of control when blocking, choping and during open-ups. (He uses it on a Donic Baum SawTec off, despite the name not a super fast blade, off- i would say)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
i myself don't play with the Donic Vario, but a friend of mine does and i tried a few times, good control, decent spin but not really fast, if it's power you're searching you won't find it in this rubber. He uses it on his backhand and even there it sometimes lacks some power. However it's great rubber for beginners and allround players who like to have a lot of control when blocking, choping and during open-ups. (He uses it on a Donic Baum SawTec off, despite the name not a super fast blade, off- i would say)

hmmm, looks like it is good for allround players as it has a good control by how you say it.. do you know someone who uses it with clipper?.. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
if you are considering using XIOM rubbers I would recommend getting Omega series little on the heavy side but great control and speed