Jan Ove Waldner vs TableTennisDaily's Dan!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
wow Jan ove waldner, so Dan can you explain how was it? how you feel? or what happen in you head in front with him? it´s a match to remember in your entire life!!! what a great oportunity!!!! congrats!!!!!!!

I know how it feels to be so lucky, because I have practiced with Schlager for almost 2 hours. When he started to serve I didn't look any better than you, so I know how it feels. + All the time you feel the pressure because you are afraid. But later it feels like dream came true :D

What a nice experience having able to play with a legend. Wonder how spinny is his looping and topspin, I see ure not able to block or counter spin them

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Hey John and Juan. I think @MDanielCRO nailed it. You feel like your completely under pressure all the time. Jan Ove mixed it up so much that he tied in pieces and I was literally then just thinking, dam I just want to get the ball on the table :)

The spin is unbelievable! His spin is so much more stronger because of his deception in his shots. So your not able to read it well. If you notice some of the forehands he does have extreme side spin, so when I do my conventional block, the ball just directed to the left/right of the table and missed.

Being in front of him, it was actually very fun. He was very warming and friendly so I think he made me feel comfortable. We joked just before we started the knock because he took his jacket off, and I said, oh it's getting serious now! :) Jan Ove also pointed to the camera just before we started and laughed to get ready.

It sure was an amazing opportunity and one I will never forget. Jan Ove Waldner and Jorgen Persson are the coolest double act I have ever met and seen! They are incredible!

Hi Dan

Very nice video

He still play with Donic Waldner Senso Carbon? :)

Hey Kalim, thank you. Yeah he still uses this exact blade :)

Those serves are outrageous man.
You wouldn't know if it was New York or New Year after facing that!
You are luckier than a big bag of lucky things on the lucky shelf in the lucky shop mate.
Well in! 

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Hahahaha that is a brilliant post! Thanks very much John! :)

Jan looks like a very nice guy.

Dan, how many TT legends you haven't met? :p Are you intimated by them?

Hes an amazing guy @zjkfanforever

Hmm I am a little but when you are in the room with them for a few hours you sort of hone in on it all. They were very relaxed guys to so I felt comfortable. I was still nervous, but it was a lot easier than expected. It was an honour to knock with my idol.

Reactions: MDanielCRO

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan has defeated Xu Xin on mini-table before but then lost to Waldner. So Waldner is still better than Chinese guys ;)

Amazing experience Dan!

Haha your a genius @Alborz :) Waldner is still the king of TT after my performances haha!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi Dan. What happened at the 2:26 mark? Did he actually manage to put topspin with that motion or disguise underspin or did you make an error?

Do you mean when I served? Yh I put topspin on that serve i disguised it. I think Waldner was lucky to let that land on the table as he mis read the spin but it just landed in. I think right on the last minute he saw it was a topspin serve so he pushed it a little lightier so the ball would land in the table.

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Do you mean when I served? Yh I put topspin on that serve i disguised it. I think Waldner was lucky to let that land on the table as he mis read the spin but it just landed in. I think right on the last minute he saw it was a topspin serve so he pushed it a little lightier so the ball would land in the table.

Ok, I understand it now. Thanks.

Reactions: Dan