TableTennisDaily interview with Jan Ove Waldner

This user has no status.
When I first got into competitive table tennis back in 85, Jan Ove Waldner was and still is, one of my favorite players. He is right, in order to beat the Chinese, you have to be different rather than so predictable. Waldner says every 10 years there is a shift in the game. I came back to competitive table tennis this year after many years of rarely playing. It's been adjustment from 30mm ball to 40mm. Footwork is much more important now than it was back then because of the bigger ball which slowed the game down. Rallies are longer. The plastic ball is a very minor adjustment for me. It's great to see Waldner giving back to the community and giving people opportunities to enjoy the game of table tennis :) I hope someday he would come to my club...:)

Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
When I first got into competitive table tennis back in 85, Jan Ove Waldner was and still is, one of my favorite players. He is right, in order to beat the Chinese, you have to be different rather than so predictable. Waldner says every 10 years there is a shift in the game. I came back to competitive table tennis this year after many years of rarely playing. It's been adjustment from 30mm ball to 40mm. Footwork is much more important now than it was back then because of the bigger ball which slowed the game down. Rallies are longer. The plastic ball is a very minor adjustment for me. It's great to see Waldner giving back to the community and giving people opportunities to enjoy the game of table tennis :) I hope someday he would come to my club...:)

Hey Mike,

You are totally right. Waldner gives so much back to the community. After this trip he flew out to Russia to a club out their to inspire more children playing table tennis :)

I hope he will come to your club one day!

Reactions: anchorschmidt