which Joola rubbers are for Offensive player?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Joola Rhythm is the way to go, the closest thing Joola do to Tenergy. Affordable and a good quality rubber. Would disagree that they are expensive and overrated though, I play three times a week and my rhythms get through a season and a half comfortably!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have to respectfully disagree with the above. Joola are a solid, mid-price brand. Their tensor rubbers are equal to Xiom's or Yasaka's (after all, they are made in the same factory).

Based on your needs (counters, blocking, etc) I'd recommend the Rhyzm range over Maxx. Maxx is similar to rubbers like Bluefire, Evolution. Really elastic, spinny topsheet, great for topspin and looping (high throw), but lacks precision, and is a bit reactive to spin when receiving. Rhyzm has a harder topsheet - less bite (so less easy spin, medium throw) but much more solid feeling, great for drives, blocks, counters, smashes, etc.

(edit - was typing this reply in while ttuk was posting...)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
The sponges are clearly marked for hardness. Across the range, Maxx is harder sponged than Rhyzm yes, but I don't see how that's really relevant. You could just as easily say Rhyzm 425 is harder than Maxx 400. It just states the obvious.

As for the topsheets - I just don't agree, but fair enough. You seem to have used all six (!) variations, so I defer to your experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I've had the chance to play with the samples as well as the commercial versions. And both our resident pro and I agree that the topsheets themselves which are the same for each series rubber are softer for the rhyzm series vs the maxxx series. Not saying you might have a different perspective because I'm unsure of the QC on the ESN rubbers that are sent overseas vs those that stay in Europe.

If I had to compare our rubbers to say tenergy I would say we have nothing that can play the same as T-05. I think our rhyzm 425 is the closest to T-64 and performs just as well excluding 2.2 T64 of course which I've never tried.

Our maxxx 450 plays much like T25, but the T25 feels harder imo. For T05 I would say if you like the speed aspect more than the spin aspect go with rhyzm because it's a touch less spinny, but a bit faster than the maxxx 500. If you like T05's spin I'd say go with the 500 as it's very close to the same level of spin. The issue of course being that having both is very tough for ESN rubbers.

However compare our stuff to mxp, evolution, vega, and yasaka and I believe we have rubbers that are equal or greater depending on what you're looking for.

I think the issue with many players is that they prefer to compare rubbers rather than characteristics. If you like soft rubbers go with the softer sponges on rhyzm and maxxx, if you want soft and a touch slower go with energy xtra or samba + if you're looking for something that's high control go with mambo or mambo H if you want more speed but still similar control go with Xplode sensitive.

There are many rubbers from many companies that all cater towards what you want, but if you're looking for a rubber that's the same or similar to another brand that's kind of hard to answer because there's no way to tell which characteristics you enjoy vs what others enjoy.