2 questions-please clarify.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
I have read through many rubber reviews,and regarding these concepts,what do they mean and how do they assist in the game:

1)high throw angle
2)linear throw

Secondly,
Which would you say is better?
1)DHS Hurricane 3 neo
2)Tibhar Grip-s

TIA

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Throw angle is how high or low the ball goes when you hit it at a certain angle compared to other rubbers. Basically, if you hit the ball with the smae strength, same angle, etc. a rubber with a higher throw angle wil make the ball go higher. And regarding the second question, I think that DHS Hurricane 3 neo is much better when boosted, and if you are going to do so, then choose Hurricane. But otherwise, Grip-s is better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
You cant compare hurricane and grip-s. :D
Hurricane is chinese rubber-hard sponge and tacky
and grip-s is typical euro/japanese rubber soft sponge and gripy
So if you played with euro rubbers take grip-s but if you are penholder or if you just like chinese rubbers hurricane is much better choice ;)

Is it possible that you have mixed up Grip-S with something else? Grip-S is tacky and pretty hard. Many said it is a rebadged Haifu Blue Whale 3.
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/tibhar-grip-s.html

Reactions: tt-cro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Actually if you don't keep H3N almost perpendicular to the floor while playing the ball goes straight to the net, so I wouldn't say it has a high throw. I've played with it for a month and haven't been satisfied at all.

H3 is famous for its big arc and high throw when looping. I have also play with fake H3 and most have medium to low throw and easily end up into the net. Could it be that the one you tried is not genuine?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Read 4 reviews
Last edited:
This user has no status.
H3 is famous for its big arc and high throw when looping. I have also play with fake H3 and most have medium to low throw and easily end up into the net. Could it be that the one you tried is not genuine?
No, bought it from TT11 so I'm sure it was original. I didn't boost it so it could be that but my rubber was so slow and hard that I found it difficult to make it to the other side when I was away from the table and still had to put a lot more strength close to the table compared to other rubbers I've tried.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
No, bought it from TT11 so I'm sure it was original. I didn't boost it so it could be that but my rubber was so slow and hard that I found it difficult to make it to the other side when I was away from the table and still had to put a lot more strength close to the table compared to other rubbers I've tried.

I see. It is true that H3 is hard and dead and you have to put more strength than normal to unleash the potential. Also it is not meant for away from table play unboosted. But H3 is about the highest throw rubber to me.