Table Tennis players - Ice Bucket Challenge

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Today Ma Long did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and has nominated Dimitrij Ovtcharov! Ma Long's Facebook status is, "I did the ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE, and my next nomination is Dimitrij Ovtcharov If you are unable to complete this challenge, you have to donate US$100 to ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis). Ma Long's Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/MaLongOfficial

Dimitrij Ovtcharov has some pressure as TableTennisDaily's @Dan did the Ice Bucket Challenge to!

If you would like to donate to this cause you can donate £3 by texting ICE to 70550

Reactions: jley and elrigo99
This user has no status.
Consists in pouring a bucket of freezing water on your head. If you refuse to do it after you've been nominated you shall donate $100 to ALS Association (research on sclerosis).

It would be good to donate even if you accepted the challenge, not only in case if you refuse to do the challenge.

Reactions: tt-cro and elrigo99
Administrator
Oct 2010
Timo Boll has just done the challenge:

Thanks to Fabian Hambüchen for the nomination. But pointing to the terrible disease ALS, I'm with like #IceBucketChallenge with the #ALS. Hope I have nominated three of the last athletes that haven't already done with and nominate the Borussia Dortmund player Kevin Großkreutz, my Club Manager Andreas Preuss, and my Chinese colleagues Zhang Jike 张继科. In addition to donating to the Organization as everyone should look but also at www.alsa.org, to learn a little.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Timo Boll has just done the challenge:

Thanks to Fabian Hambüchen for the nomination. But pointing to the terrible disease ALS, I'm with like #IceBucketChallenge with the #ALS. Hope I have nominated three of the last athletes that haven't already done with and nominate the Borussia Dortmund player Kevin Großkreutz, my Club Manager Andreas Preuss, and my Chinese colleagues Zhang Jike 张继科. In addition to donating to the Organization as everyone should look but also at www.alsa.org, to learn a little.

In response to Ma Long's nomination, Zhang Jike said that to show he's for real, he's not going to do "IceBucketChalleng" now but will wait until Winter to do it. I don't know if that would be his response to Timo's challenge also. Hope he's only kidding and just donate the money 'cause the rule is either you accept the challenge and do it within 24 hours of nomination or you will donate $100 to the organization.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Ma Long nominated WH, XX, ZJK in his Tencent Weibo. It seems that he only nominated Dimi in Facebook.

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Ma Long nominated WH, XX, ZJK in his Tencent Weibo. It seems that he only nominated Dimi in Facebook.

Hey @zjkfanforever do you think Ma Long controls his facebook account or does he have someone who does it for him? I heard all the CNT all control their own Weibo accounts right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Hey @zjkfanforever do you think Ma Long controls his facebook account or does he have someone who does it for him? I heard all the CNT all control their own Weibo accounts right?

@Dan Yes, CNT members Weibo accounts are all controlled by themselves. As for ML's Facebook account, I really don't know, but I suspect an agent controls it. Whether the agent is authorized by him I don't know either. It seems that ML's Facebook posting are mostly reposting of his Tencent Weibo with English translation.

Reactions: Dan
Administrator
Oct 2010
Liam Pitchford accepted TableTennisDaily's challenge.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Administrator
Oct 2010
Dimitrij Ovtcharov has just done the Ice Bucket Challenge:

Ovtcharov made this his status on Facebook: Of course I will take up the ALS IceBucketChallenge to call attention to this diseas. On www.alsa.org you get information how to donate! My nominations are table tennis legend Jan-Ove Waldner, Youth Olympic Games-Champion Fan Zhendong und Eintracht Frankfurt soccer pro Stefan Aigner!

Administrator
Oct 2010
The Koreans are beginning to pick up the craziness as RSM and Ryu Nam Gyu posted FB vids dunking themselves with 12 liters apiece.

Your right there :) Here is Ryu Seung Min doing the challenge: