This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Currently I am this:

Blade -DHS Hurricane WL

FH - DHS Skyline TG III
BH - Tenergy 64fx

This was inspired by Ma Long.

I have been very comfortable with the tenergy on backhand but I feel I am not getting adequate power on forehand.
I think this might be because of the DHS rubber which is not so spongy and has lesser power( all my guess).

This user has no status.
Currently I am this:

Blade -DHS Hurricane WL

FH - DHS Skyline TG III
BH - Tenergy 64fx

I have been very comfortable with the tenergy on backhand but I feel I am not getting adequate power on forehand.
I think this might be because of the DHS rubber which is not so spongy and has lesser power( all my guess).

Go with regular rasant first because the rasant turbo is a rocket, especially on that blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
whaooo..... so many very fast setup!!!
I am playing with a All+ wood and medium rubbers, and I cannot say that my play is suffering from a lack of power, and I am a strong offensive player on both side!
every time I've tried faster woods I was doing more direct mistakes.

But maybe you're playing at top national level :) so I can understand :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
you'll find that the lack of power comes from incorrect technique, not the equipment. get a proper coach and invest in getting your technique sorted out before worrying about the rest.

Totally agree, the technique must always comes first! Andra rasant turbo is really hard to control..

says Aging is a killer
Currently I am this:

Blade -DHS Hurricane WL

FH - DHS Skyline TG III
BH - Tenergy 64fx

I assume that you are a shakehand player. Try flipping the bat to see how the Tenergy plays on your FH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Currently I am this:

Blade -DHS Hurricane WL

FH - DHS Skyline TG III
BH - Tenergy 64fx

I am thinking on following configuration for my new equipment:

Blade -Andro CS V Carbon Off++
FH - Andro Rasant Turbo
BH - Tenergy 64fx

From how many years are you playing, what is your playing style??
unless you are really good and loop from half distance and have a great shot game, this setup will kill you.
And non national H3 is slower than tesors. If you want more power and are willing to improve your technique, get national H3. It is pretty fast and still has good control. And it is used by MA LONG

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
May I ask you that what are some rubbers that have tacky topsheet with porous sponge of hardness about 48-54 deg

From how many years are you playing, what is your playing style??
unless you are really good and loop from half distance and have a great shot game, this setup will kill you.
And non national H3 is slower than tesors. If you want more power and are willing to improve your technique, get national H3. It is pretty fast and still has good control. And it is used by MA LONG

ma long has not used hurricane 3 in a long time, he uses the national version of skyline 3 neo blue sponge.

Last edited:
Nope. He uses neo hurricane 3 blue sponge.

he has been using skyline tg3 neo for a while now as far as i know (pictures from the 2014 world team championships seem to indicate skyline tg3), could you provide a current picture of his setup that shows clearly which rubber he is using?

Last edited:
he has been using skyline tg3 neo for a while now as far as i know (pictures from the 2014 world team championships seem to indicate skyline tg3), could you provide a current picture of his setup that shows clearly which rubber he is using?

attachment.php

http://saletabletennis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Ma-Long-DHS-W997-National-Blade-2.jpg
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2913/14005759516_4db5f67f7d_o.jpg
There. :)

Attachments

• cnt_blades.jpg
    cnt_blades.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 322
those are inconclusive as you can't see the ittf code or the name on the left :/ i looked at them long and hard and could not reasonably tell if the last digit of the ittf code was a clear 8 (hurricane 3 ) or 6 (skyline tg3). i looked at both the ones i have (i have both national hurricane 3 neo blue sponge and national skyline tg3 blue sponge) and could not see any other way of telling them apart other than the ittf code and the writing on the left side of the rubber. the pictures i could find were never clear enough :(

we need better pictures i think.

Last edited:
those are inconclusive as you can't see the ittf code or the name on the left :/ i looked at them long and hard and could not reasonably tell if the last digit of the ittf code was a clear 8 (hurricane 3 ) or 6 (skyline tg3). i looked at both the ones i have (i have both national hurricane 3 neo blue sponge and national skyline tg3 blue sponge) and could not see any other way of telling them apart other than the ittf code and the writing on the left side of the rubber. the pictures i could find were never clear enough :(

we need better pictures i think.

Hmmmm... I think you should zoom the picture. :)) https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2913/14005759516_4db5f67f7d_o.jpg. Zoom that. You'd see the ittf number 24-108, which is the ittf number of hurricane 3. :) Also, you could also check the chinese character for the skyline and compare it to the one in the rubber. They are not the same.

Last edited: