What is most stupidest excuse given to you after someone has lost a match?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
"I didn't try my best" or "I didn't use my pendulum serve because it's just a training match" (I want to save it for competitive matches)
Well, in fact, his pendulum serve was not effective against me, that's why he didn't use it.
Sometimes it's true that people don't try their best in training match but using it as an excuse is stupid. You don't try hard enough, you lose, no excuse, just put in more effort next time if you don't wanna lose.

Actually in a training match you should be trying extra hard—trying to make more risky shots to make them more consistent.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 6 reviews
For me "I just changed my rubber and I'm not used to it." Give your excuses to your coach please
Somedays before...i had to play with a guy (read newb) who doesnt even know how to loop properly....and after a match where i missed 2 blocks...he came to me saying that...is that your new rubber sheet...i think you are finding it hard to control...then i said 'really...hw abt another match then'...i will just defend...u hit..lol...now every time he sees me around a table...he runs away from there...

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
but really this was not table tennis , you just won with your serves :) :)

I hear that one a lot as my serve/attack game is a better standard than other aspects of my game, but that doesn't mean that is all I can do.

So, sometimes, vs those who complain that way, I serve very light underspin short or half long and allow them to return the ball. Sometimes I open my attack, sometimes I give them one more chance to open first, then it is no moar Mr. Nice Guy. Result is the same, just done differently.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Playing lots of doubles I sometimes have to do the opposite to Der_Echte - in other words deliberately trying to win points just with service - in order to make up for the amount of points we lose when the oppo is serving. :eek: I actually prefer to win points in rallies, but there are a lot of players out there who think a rally is something you do in a car......

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Serving vs a player who never saw your serves is better than military psychological warfare itself. You always keep changing the spin, speed, depth, break suddenly and subtle using the same service motion. Always fun to look at an opponent puzzled by your serve time and time again. But lets get real, you can only really do that to players a few levels below you for long. But then again, the ones making excuses about losing to you are usually a few levels below you.

Reactions: JHB and rajd1234