This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 4 reviews
Thanks Tony! :)

Yes, high toss serve alone is difficult to serve short, as well as pendulum, yet alone those 2 added together.

Yes, you are right, I only can serve short when I'm full of confidence but the quality of service then it's really good and works perfect fo me, very difficult to make a short devolution and not miss in the net. When the confidence it's not that high the second bounce of service go near to the line but usual not make the second bounce in the table. If the heigh and spin are good then the service is still good, but when I'm nervous I have to stop doing that service.

The player went for a FH top spin, but the ball touch the table again while he was busy with that top spon shot and landed the 3rd time and he was confused.
This was also the first serve of the match. A pity I didn't have it recorded.
It left he player confused :p

hehe reading this I remember that video:

Really unbelievable serve from Ma Lin :eek:

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...

jkc

Nov 2010
These were just the answers to a quiz (10 Serves) which I set for another forum probably 5 or 6 years ago. For some reason people keep watching it(and I'm glad they do as it earns me about £40 per month for nothing).

I have considered making some follow-ups explaining each serve, but never really got around to it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This is my level of service at this stage of my training, I would be thankful for any tips on improving my technique, grip wise, motion wise what ever helps. I am experimenting with underspin serves, once I am comfortable with them I will film it and post it.
If you are interested, the rubber I am using is an old sheet of tenergy 05 FX, about a year old I believe, a mate gave me this racquet to use until I buy a new one, which should be soon, I'll post an update when I get that in to see if my serve improves.
I recently filmed this, originally just to see my serves from a spectators standpoint rather than in my own view, but I thought I should get the opinion of others.
Any advice is appreciated thanks.

Apologies for the sub par video quality.

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
Thanks for pointing that out Tony. I get this from time to time. I'll report it.

Reactions: Der_Echte