Butterfly Zhang Jike Super ZLC Blade Review

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
TableTennisDaily had the fantastic opportunity to review Butterfly's latest blade, the Zhang Jike Super ZLC.

@Dan and @Tom both used the Butterfly Zhang Jike Super ZLC blade in this review using the Butterfly Tenergy 05 rubbers. The review looks at the blade characteristics, various techniques and a range of shots used in today's modern game of table tennis and also which types of players this blade is most suited to. Thanks to Butterfly, Daniel Ives, Tom Maynard, and Kingfisher Table Tennis Club in the making of this review. You can buy Butterfly's Zhang Jike Super ZLC blade on the Butterfly website here.

We hope you enjoyed this review, let us know what you think by posting below guys. Do you use any of the Zhang Jike series of blades? Both Christian Suss and Shan Xiaona are now using the Zhang Jike Super ZLC blade.

Check out more TableTennisDaily Equipment Reviews here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 2 reviews
This blade has a damaged outer layer (0:53 min). it was originaly from the box? what about the quality of production? I have 2 bty blades (innerforce zlc and mizutani zlc ) and i've never seen damage like this before.. and there..

Of course Thanks for this superb review :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
The blade can be quite good but note well the difference using the T05 for the others reviews ...
more power, more control , more spin...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Thanks for the review - great as always!

This shows how subjective certain attributes like speed / power are: I think most that have tried the blade found it to be one of the most powerful blades (away from the table) available.

I tried the ZJK-SZLC vs the ZJK-ALC and found the SZLC much more powerful from mid-distance. Perhaps, it's extra stiffness manifested into the apparent power problem?

i have only tried the regular ZJK alc for a short while from a friend. I find it not too fast. it had spin art and t05 glued on it. even with t05 it wasnt that fast. good spinner's blade i guess. also, IMHO, the regular zjk blade was hurriedly made in order to capitalize zjk's rise to stardom at that time. i think they improved the blade better on the super version

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I use ZJK ALC

Awesome! How do you find the ZJK ALC?

Great review as always. Thanks very much. Would like to know the difference between this and Jun Mizutani SZLC.

No worries @Turboz Yes I would like to know this to. Hopefully some users will post some reviews of the Mizutani SZLC.

This blade has a damaged outer layer (0:53 min). it was originaly from the box? what about the quality of production? I have 2 bty blades (innerforce zlc and mizutani zlc ) and i've never seen damage like this before.. and there..

Of course Thanks for this superb review :)

Thank you for the compliments on the review :)

I shot the intro after the review, I think that is glue that you can see on the blade. It is not damaged. The production is superb, I wouldn't worry about that :)

Thaaaaaaaaaaank you ttd team wuhooooooooo! Finally Dan my inbox can rest :-D here you go guys. You can compare how aggressive Dan and Tom attack the ball. Very nice video Dan as you promised.. awesome!

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Haha! I am glad your inbox can rest now :) Happy you like the review Rajah.

Thanks for the review - great as always!

This shows how subjective certain attributes like speed / power are: I think most that have tried the blade found it to be one of the most powerful blades (away from the table) available.

I tried the ZJK-SZLC vs the ZJK-ALC and found the SZLC much more powerful from mid-distance. Perhaps, it's extra stiffness manifested into the apparent power problem?

Yeah I agree with you. Different reviews have found different attributes. I think technique and style of play will have a lot to do with this. Yeah I think the extra stiffness could have caused the apparent power problem. I felt with perhaps a little more softer rubber such as the Tenergy 80 FX I would have been able to play stronger away from the table with more arc.

Thanks for commenting :) Glad you liked the reviews.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Should I get one? :rolleyes: What's the outer ply? Is it koto? I personally don't like koto outer plies :rolleyes: Haven't had the chance to go check it out at the store.
if you should get one is up to you ;) the outer ply is koto yes. The composition of the blade is quite similar to Viscaria FL and the rest of the ZJK series. The difference lies in the composite/fibre layers.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
if you should get one is up to you ;) the outer ply is koto yes. The composition of the blade is quite similar to Viscaria FL and the rest of the ZJK series. The difference lies in the composite/fibre layers.

That's what I thought about the blade structure. I think it's not bad to get one just to try it out, you can sell it off as a second hand with fairly good price here in Thailand too if it's not damaged :rolleyes: something like 350$ --> 300$

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
i decided to buy zhangjike super zlc and T05 rubbers immediately after viewing this video
it's very such a good blade & rubber.
thanks!