i play with both hurricane 3 neo and skyline 3 neo, having recently switched to skyline to see how it compared. essentially i think that skyline is a bit more forgiving and slightly faster. both have excellent short games and huge spin, but you need to play your shots positively and with good technique, bad technique is punished. however, with enough good practice and proper technique i reckon you can not go wrong with either as a forehand rubber.

commercial versions are cheap enough for you to have a go with both and find out which you prefer, if any.

caveat : i have no experience with commercial versions of either rubber (only provincial orange sponge hurricane 3 and national blue sponge neo h3/tg3) so ymmcv ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Hi!
I used both of them. If you have played with forehand drive and topspin, I prefer Neo H3 rather than Skyline3. I experienced when I used NeoH3, I can know that the ball described a lower parabola than Skyline3 with forehand drive. So, you can play much aggresive. It also can play easy when you try flip.

I also know that Skyline3 has more fast than NeoH3. But if you have a good impact with ball and played well with spin and drive, then I recommend you NeoH3.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
Hiya, I have played with Skyline and Hurricane (neo and non neo, orange sponge and blue sponge, boosted/not boosted and commercial as well as provincial versions). For myself if there was no label on the rubber and I was "double blinded" then I wouldn't really notice any difference between the two. As already mentioned numerous times above I think Skyline series is faster than its equivalent rubber in the hurricane range and hurricane is probably a bit spinnier. However I would rate the two as awfully similar. Personally I prefer the skyline series as I have good feel for spinny shots and would like some speed and really it's just a habit since now I played with self boosted commercial orange sponge Skyline 3 on forehand. I might try Skyline II sometime in the future though :) that I haven't played with before. I haven't yet tried the new hurricane 3.50 and hurricane 8, would be interested :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
For myself if there was no label on the rubber and I was "double blinded" then I wouldn't really notice any difference between the two.
I agree. I have played with all the commercial DHS Neo rubbers. Plain H3 is definitely slower than the rest but H2 Neo, H3Neo, TG2 Neo and TG3 Neo all look like they have the same sponge. The only difference is that some rubbers are 2.2mm and others 2.15. The pips look like they could be a little different. For the most part I find the Neo rubbers to be interchangeable.

I am a fan of the Neo rubbers because they are cheap and seem to last forever. Any of them will work well close to the table.