Tibhar Evolution MX-P

This user has no status.
Hey guys, I'm trying to find a rubber on my Timo Boll ALC blade that plays like Tenergy. Well, my Bluefire M2 kinda plays like Tenergy but Tenergy is a bit spinnier and softer. I was wondering if this new Evolution rubber could be faster and more controllable than Tenergy without losing any spin. Is MX-P suitable on Timo Boll ALC or is it just too fast (P.S I love rubbers that are fast and spinny without losing control)?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
MX-P and EL-P can both be used pretty well by Tenergy users without a lot of adjustment. MX-P is a bit harder than T05, whereas EL-P is just a little softer. It should work well on a TB-ALC, I used them on a Viscaria. Personally I found the Evolution series to require less adjustment than the standard Bluefire rubbers. I still prefer Tenergy but the Evolution rubbers are the closest rubbers I have found. I haven't tried everything. I found MX-P to be just a touch faster than 05, but control very much depends on what kind of shot you are talking about.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Thanks a lot, Baal! I am actually a topspin oriented player who emphasises spin over everything. Is the MX-P very fast or uncontrollable on your forehand on a Viscaria (pretty similar to TBALC) for serving, topspinning, third ball attacking and blocking? These are the main problems than I have been worried about since I mainly use a third ball attack drive to win the point as well as some serious topspin loops kinda like Timo Boll. Mainly I just want to have a rubber that has good speed and control as well as strong spin. Is MX-P right for me?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Just bought the EL-P from the evolution range... hopefully it will enable me to have a little more control than the MX-p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I tested MX-P a month before it hit the market. Ironically, it was on a Timo Boll ALC (Before it cracks :( )

I really liked it. Like Baal said, I had very little transition. I could hit faster with excellent spin. Overall, I think T05 is great rubber, but price is ridiculous expensive, so I moved away from it.

You will not be disappointed using MX-P on the ALC if you are an aggressive offensive player.

Reactions: FloKing
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Ironically, it is FX-P that I REALLY really like on the flexy looping blades. Spin is outstanding and it is REAL easy to open the attack. VS players who like to step away from table, you will smile as your loops drop earlier than they think and you rack up the points. Your heavy medium loops will be much more troublesome to opponents if you slap FX-P on a flexy looping blade.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Thanks a lot, Baal! I am actually a topspin oriented player who emphasises spin over everything. Is the MX-P very fast or uncontrollable on your forehand on a Viscaria (pretty similar to TBALC) for serving, topspinning, third ball attacking and blocking? These are the main problems than I have been worried about since I mainly use a third ball attack drive to win the point as well as some serious topspin loops kinda like Timo Boll. Mainly I just want to have a rubber that has good speed and control as well as strong spin. Is MX-P right for me?

You will be able to play pretty much the same way you do with Tenergy. Might take a couple of days to adjust, not more.

I was using MX-P, actually I think EL-P is a little closer to the feel of Tenergy, but MX-P is faster. Like Yogi says, you can extend life with some booster. It comes with a factory boost that you can smell strongly when you first open the package.

Last edited:
Tried the MX-P on my Zhang Jike and IF AL. Appart from the heavy weight, this rubber has everthing and plays very similar to a T05 with 2 layers of booster. Certainly the best post-glue era rubber that is "made in germany". I found it really faster than regular T05, and unlike T05, this rubber remains very fast even on a flexible blade (Tenergy 05 plays so well on stiff blades like BTY ALC's but is really inert on a flexible blade like IF AL).

If you are looking for something faster than T05 while keeping high throw, crazy spin and absolute linearity, this is the best choice IMHO.
Concerning the durability, from the feedback from team mates, the rubber has a very linear and slow drop of performances and keeps his speed glue effect for more than 2 month (of serious training and competitions), its almost a "record".

I have not liked all Tibhar tensors until now (nimbus, sinus, genius, 1q, 5q, aurus) but this mx-p is really impressive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
you could try rakza 7.that plays similar to tenergy,but a fraction cheaper.

Well Tenergy is very overpriced and Rakza 7 is a lot cheaper but sadly you can't even compare the two when it comes to quality. I played with rakza 7 for a while and I have never been forced to change rubbers as often as then. They lost the spin really fast and I had also problems with bubbles on the top sheet of the rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Well Tenergy is very overpriced and Rakza 7 is a lot cheaper but sadly you can't even compare the two when it comes to quality. I played with rakza 7 for a while and I have never been forced to change rubbers as often as then. They lost the spin really fast and I had also problems with bubbles on the top sheet of the rubber.

That is not what i expected.

With regards to bubbles,take a look at this thread

www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9517-Small-bubbles-on-Victas-V-gt-01-Limber-topsheet

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
For people who boost and need that kind of speed, I don't know, but Big Dipper in 38 degrees is very similar to unboosted MX-P and is only $20. Give it a shot if you need something that plays very well, especially with the plastic ball. It's already heavily tuned so those who need more tuning may need to look elsewhere or may try tuning it even more to see if it helps.

The Big Dippers you get seems to be tuned ALOT more than the one I can get in France (or more fresh). I found Big Dipper really slow and inert when I tested it at a local seller, miles away from MX-P. That day i tested also the Moon Speed with soft sponge and is was a lot faster than the Big Dipper (but still not comparable with MX-P).

Last edited: