Tibhar Evolution MX-P

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If you can make great bat speed, you can make an average rubber hit very hard. A lot of us do not have pro impact, especially on FH wing I don't have a pro impact as strong as I am, so I am very picky about my FH rubber and I understand the caution in rubber selection for those like me on FH.

The BH wing, however, I can make a ball go like rocket with just about anything, I'm very particular what I use on BH, any inverted rubber that is not anti works for me, but I value control.

I suspect Nexy Level can pack the smack on BH loopdrives like I do.

says Hi Brookerbig, thanks for the message - in all honesty...
says Hi Brookerbig, thanks for the message - in all honesty...
Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
I'm playing with the MX-P on both sides of my blade now. I really love the rubber,it's very fast but doesn't sacrifice control, and I can get a lot of 'arc' on my topspin attacking shots. I'm a big fan!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 2 reviews
I'm playing with the MX-P on both sides of my blade now. I really love the rubber,it's very fast but doesn't sacrifice control, and I can get a lot of 'arc' on my topspin attacking shots. I'm a big fan!
thanks paul. great to get your pro comments. very appreciated and helpful. good luck at the worlds in china.

Reactions: Paul Drinkhall
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is about Next Level and Dipper. I always find it interesting how people with different levels, using different kind of contacts (more use of topsheet, more use of sponge, use of sponge, topsheet and wood, more use of wood) can try the same rubber or rubber and blade combination and one will say: "this is fast and spinny with a lot of control!" Another will say, "no, that rubber is really slow and it was hard to place the ball!"

I have heard people say H3 was fast, slow, lots of gears, no gears, needs boosting, doesn't need boosting.

My guess from seeing footage is that Next Level has pretty high level contact and can dig into the ball with topsheet and sponge in a way that makes Dipper a great rubber for him. Someone who finds it slow may have a different kind of contact regardless of their level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You gunna get people scared of it... :D

scary-cat_o_286130.jpg

This user has no status.
I'm also looking to get a combo of MX-P (FH) and either FX-P or EL-P(BH) to go on Tibhar Power Wood.
I try to play offensive on FH whenever I can, but the BH is weak so I need something with little more control and good spin.

Der_Echte found the MX-P not to perform so well with blades that are on the flexi side.
Would TSPW blade combine well with MX-P ?

If MX-P will not work well with this blade than i think i will go with EL-P & FX-P combo.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I thought that myself at first. That MX-P wasn't going well with my sort of soft, flexy, 5 ply, all wood blade. But it was just that I needed to get used to it because it was harder than the rubber I was using before MX-P. It works really well on my blade.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I'm also looking to get a combo of MX-P (FH) and either FX-P or EL-P(BH) to go on Tibhar Power Wood.
I try to play offensive on FH whenever I can, but the BH is weak so I need something with little more control and good spin.

Der_Echte found the MX-P not to perform so well with blades that are on the flexi side.
Would TSPW blade combine well with MX-P ?

If MX-P will not work well with this blade than i think i will go with EL-P & FX-P combo.

I slapped a sheet of MX-P on the Kim Jung Hoon... worked great.

By the way, when I ran into Kim Jung Hoon at Nexy HQ the day he talked to the President on how to make specs for his blade... KJH had 3 different Peter Pan and Power Wood blades. He was recently signed by Tibhar at the time.

The KJH is an upgrade to those blades personalized by KJH and I would say the Power Wood aught to go OK with MX-P if you choose to do it.

MX-P was a bad fit on my flexy weak blades.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Thanks for your input guys.

I just realized that the Tibhar Drinkhall racket reviewed recently was equipped with 2x MX-P and the there were no complaints on the matching of the two.
It is also a 5 Ply wood blade and according to the manufacturer stats i have seen on TD reviews, the TSPW should is the faster of the two - 9.0 v 7.8.
Unfortunately the user stats don't quite match up & give speed ratings of 8.4 v 8.8 to and hardness 5.1 v 8.8 to to Drinkhall. Not show how to interpret user stats v manufacture stats.

I was initially hoping to get the KJH blade to go with new rubbers but couldn't find a European seller.
I was surprised that it's not even listed on the Tibhar online store.

Does it sell under another name in EU ?

Can someone please point me in the right direction. Maybe a future consideration.

*Post Edited

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The whole thing about rubbers working with or not working with blade drives me nuts. My position is that you need to know what you are trying to do and that any rubber can work with any blade or cannot, as long as you know what you are trying to do.

This user has no status.
I could be wrong but my thinking is that as long as you put top end rubber on even a half decent blade, it just requires the player to be able to adjust his strokes to suit the racket as opposed to the other way around. But than not all players can do the adjustments or prepared to put in the time so instead a racket is tailored to suit there current playing strokes.

I would say I'm not even an intermediate level player but just Very keen hobbyist that is returning to the game after 20 years. I have bags of enthusiasm and drive to improve my game and for this reason I prefer to use a higher spec'd racket so that i can adjust to its level of play.

*Please see EDIT of my previous post.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would say I'm not even an intermediate level player but just Very keen hobbyist that is returning to the game after 20 years. I have bags of enthusiasm and drive to improve my game and for this reason I prefer to use a higher spec'd racket so that i can adjust to its level of play.

In theory that sounds good but that is not how the development of table tennis skills in conjunction with table tennis equipment actually works.

A player at a lower level who uses a fast composite blade and the high end tensor type rubbers can hinder his ability to develop certain techniques because that kind of equipment does not help you cultivate your touch and feel for the ball. With that kind of equipment a mid level player is likely to plateau at a level where he does not get enough spin on the ball because that kind of racket makes all your shots feel good even when your contact is bad and the ball goes back fast when you mess up even though it doesn't have good spin.

Higher level technique is all based on the ability to feel the ball and hold the ball on the racket (touch), so, touch and feel. And using a racket that is a rocket launcher and thinking you are just going to get used to it, well, you will, and anything slower will feel too slow, but you will have a much harder time developing higher level technique with a racket that doesn't help you feel the ball and does not allow you to hold the ball on the blade surface for longer (dwell time). So, with a high level racket, you are actually encouraged to bang the ball instead of spinning the ball.

This remains the case until players are at, approximately, a semi-pro level where their technique is good enough and their contact is precise enough to keep the ball on that blade face and rubber for longer with one of those harder, faster blades.

Rubbers, you can get used to a rubber like Tenergy at a lower level, but, if you are using them, you should be spinning the ball or making a real effort to learn to spin the heck out of the ball if you are using something like that. Tenergy or some of the faster/spinnier Tensor rubbers will not be a good fit if you are just driving the ball without learning how to spin and make brush contact of varying depths.

One way to tell if your rubber is not so great for you is this: If an opponent 1 level higher than you can make you miss his serves just because of the kind and amount of spin he is putting on the ball, then you probably want a rubber that has more control and is less reactive to spin until you have learned how to read spin and counter spin better.

So, for an intermediate level player, an example of a good setup for developing table tennis technique and skills would be something like this:

Tibhar Stratus Power Wood (5 ply all wood blade in the Off- speed range)
FH rubber Xiom Vega Pro (older version of tensor rubber with good control and good enough spin to learn to spin the ball effectively.)
BH rubber Xiom Vega Europe (very similar to FH rubber but a bit softer for the touch of the BH stroke).

I could replace the blade with several others in its speed category. Same with the rubbers. But it gives you an idea of what someone who is not at a semi-pro level yet should be using.

Last edited: