Tibhar Evolution MX-P

This user has no status.
No need to try them, they're fake. The rubbers are the standard rubbers with a custom-made cover.
Have you seen them in your hands? If you have you'll know the difference. There's marker to differentiate from the standard ones. Unless, you had seen the fake ones indeed where everything is exactly the same.

No need to try them, they're fake. The rubbers are the standard rubbers with a custom-made cover.

I didnt tried those national versions.......but I've still got them into my hands at my local tt-store, the "national evolution" I had into my hands was really harder than any mx-p I've seen before, I think it was a 50° sponge.

Last edited:
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
No, it is not. EL-P is the standout rubber from the series as it has its own topsheet.
FX-P and MX-P have the same topsheet, but a different sponge hardness.
EL-P's hardness is in the middle of these two, but its topsheet is more stiff.

As for the MX-S and the upcoming EL-S and FX-S, there is also a different formula that applies.
EL-S and FX-S have the same topsheet but not the same as MX-S.

So the Evolution series has 4 topsheets spread over six rubbers.

Interesting! I did tbh not know that. I know there is a different formula than MX-S, it will be more similar to MX-P/EL-P I heard. My buddy has Sigma 2 euro both sides. (on intencity nct v, all wood) He was going LP on one side and I was going to recomend he swap to Evolution EL-P on fh(the rubber closest to Sigma 2 euro in the evolution series I presume, based on ttdb info)
How do you think it compares to Sigma 2 euro (xiom)? (if you have used it)
The alternative was waiting for EL-S as I think FX-P is too soft for him. Opinions?

Despite that, you will surely be able to get a nice arc out of EL-P, too. It is still a topspin rubber, even if it is more suited to the direct counter/block/smash game than the other Evolutions.

So I think I'm going to be fine with EL-P

You may also want to wait for the FX-S ... It has considerably less catapult than MX-P, but in passive game that's a pro. Spin and speed capabilities are exceptional. I think the EL-S will be a real beast, but the FX-S is still controllable and doesn't feel like a soft rubber at all.

I may not try another rubber from -S series, EL-P is coming to replace a MX-S. Both the lack of catapult and the lower arc are the reasons I'm going away from MX-S and the Rasant Grip I had on this blade before. MX-P could be my safest choice because I like it on my BH too, but I'd like to try one more rubber before closing my search.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Reactions: Tompa8888
That is a nice setup. I had not tried the Offensive S till last week. But it feels really nice. Good crisp feel. Good speed for a 5 ply all wood blade.

Yeah it is awesome!! :D feels really good, for being a 5 ply blade i was suprised. Good speed, good feel and control

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Yeah it is awesome!! :D feels really good, for being a 5 ply blade i was suprised. Good speed, good feel and control

I don't think you can have a slow setup with MX-P 2.1.

The blade should provide the feel, dwell time and control you may need.

Reactions: Tompa8888
I don't think you can have a slow setup with MX-P 2.1.

The blade should provide the feel, dwell time and control you may need.

I didn't say it was slow! But i've tried on a bunch of blades. The dwell time differs depending on blade. I liked the appelgren world champion 89 and on korbel. Korbel was a little bit to slow and soft. This feels perfect!

I didn't say it was slow! But i've tried on a bunch of blades. The dwell time differs depending on blade. I liked the appelgren world champion 89 and on korbel. Korbel was a little bit to slow and soft. This feels perfect!

Nice to hear.

I've got a Tibhar Stratus Power Wood with MX-P on the way home. My son should be the main user, but I'm going to play a bit with this blade every now and then too.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I didnt tried those national versions.......but I've still got them into my hands at my local tt-store, the "national evolution" I had into my hands was really harder than any mx-p I've seen before, I think it was a 50° sponge.

A 50 degree sponge is possible - some extra densities are made for pro players. This is not unusual.

Yet there is no "National Version", the whole German flag thing is bollocks.

Just to get you thinking: A "National Version" makes sense if a product is made in a country, the best version of it then supplied to the National players - this is why China has "National" versions of DHS products.

Germany's sponsor is Butterfly. Boll is personally sponsored by Butterfly. Ovtcharov and Baum are sponsored by Donic. Steger uses Butterfly. The list goes on.

Now what national team would that "National" version be for?

Last edited:
Reactions: FloKing
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Which evolution rubbers is closest (or the upgrade) to the original Tibhar Genius?
Or are these rubbers miles apart?

As for sponge hardness, the MX-P is closest (47.5). You might call it a Super-Genius, if you´re so inclined. Or the next step in the, well, Evolution ;-)

Reactions: MDP
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Interesting! I did tbh not know that. I know there is a different formula than MX-S, it will be more similar to MX-P/EL-P I heard. My buddy has Sigma 2 euro both sides. (on intencity nct v, all wood) He was going LP on one side and I was going to recomend he swap to Evolution EL-P on fh(the rubber closest to Sigma 2 euro in the evolution series I presume, based on ttdb info)
How do you think it compares to Sigma 2 euro (xiom)? (if you have used it)
The alternative was waiting for EL-S as I think FX-P is too soft for him. Opinions?

Sorry, I have no experience with Sigma Euro. BUT EL-S will have considerably less catapult than EL-P, and I think Sigma Europe has more catapult than Sigma Pro which I have tried, so better stick with EL-P.

Not sure, in some XIOM series Europe is nearly the softest, if that applies for Sigma FX-P might be an alternative.

Reactions: Kaizoku
Luis, good luck with EL-P, I never liked it at all, feel was wrong. Loved FX-P and MX-P though. Hope you like it more than I did.

Thanks Der_Echte.

It's working just fine on my Viscaria.

I really don't understand why most guys recommend a softer rubber for the BH because with me it's really the opposite, I have a tough time with softer rubbers on my BH, but I can play with them on my FH.

I may change it to MX-P in the future just because I like it's harder touch a bit better and it has more power away from the table, but I enjoy my time with EL-P and I found it even better than MX-P without boost flat hitting the ball and also easier to get good spin and high arc brush looping.

FX-P may be out of question for me because I think EL-P is a bit softer than I'd prefer.

I'm settling down with M1 BH (you can see I don't like soft rubbers there) and MX-P FH on most blades, but I'm going o use this EL-P, a Rakza 7 and a Rasant Powergrip I have on other blade until they die because I found they all great rubbers, I just like M1/MX-P a bit better.

Last edited:
Reactions: FloKing