Your favorite chinese/chinese like rubber

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
have tested Skyline. good spin but I have difficult with the chinese sponges. i get no speed. good in teh spingame.

With Tacky rubbers that have hard sponges like Skyline, where you get the speed is by having good bat speed and brushing the ball. The sponge does not give you the real speed, the topsheet does. When you do it with a certain technique, the ball goes. Not good for smashing but excellent for brush-looping.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 2 reviews
With Tacky rubbers that have hard sponges like Skyline, where you get the speed is by having good bat speed and brushing the ball. The sponge does not give you the real speed, the topsheet does. When you do it with a certain technique, the ball goes. Not good for smashing but excellent for brush-looping.
my technique on the forehand is not that strong. then i follow why not i get the speed i thought that i should get. any rubber you can advice that help me with the speed?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
my technique on the forehand is not that strong. then i follow why not i get the speed i thought that i should get. any rubber you can advice that help me with the speed?

I am looking at your profile says your blade is. You have listed:

Butterfly Timo Boll Innerforce ZL.

Since there is no such blade but there is a Timo Boll ZLF and an Innerforce ZLF, I am going to ask you, which blade do you have.

I don't really need the answer though. That blade is too fast for you. If you can comfortably say that you realize your forehand technique is not that great, then you should probably be using a slower blade to help you improve your technique. Why? You are using fast equipment hoping it will make your balls faster without having the technique for the blade. If you use a slightly slower blade it will help your technique improve, it will improve your stroke and then you will start getting more power. Put the ZLF blade, which ever one it is, on the shelf for a year or so, and get a blade that is better for your developing your technique. Here are four great options:

Yinhe Galaxy 896 blade (only $16.00 USD but it is a pretty good blade)

Stiga Allround Evolution (approximately $40.00)

Stiga Tube Allround (approximately $45.00)

Butterfly Primorac Off- (approximately $70.00)

Which one is about personal choice. The interesting thing with this, the most expensive one is definitely not the one I think is the best even though they all are great blades for any player who is below 2200 USATT rating level. In other words, until you are REALLY pretty darn good, these are excellent blades for most players games.

What rubbers should you use. What your profile says you are using should be fine. You just need to work on good strokes, proper contact of the ball, in short, technique, technique, technique.

Reactions: Pingpongin'
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 2 reviews
I am looking at your profile says your blade is. You have listed:

Butterfly Timo Boll Innerforce ZL.

Since there is no such blade but there is a Timo Boll ZLF and an Innerforce ZLF, I am going to ask you, which blade do you have.

I don't really need the answer though. That blade is too fast for you. If you can comfortably say that you realize your forehand technique is not that great, then you should probably be using a slower blade to help you improve your technique. Why? You are using fast equipment hoping it will make your balls faster without having the technique for the blade. If you use a slightly slower blade it will help your technique improve, it will improve your stroke and then you will start getting more power. Put the ZLF blade, which ever one it is, on the shelf for a year or so, and get a blade that is better for your developing your technique. Here are four great options:

Yinhe Galaxy 896 blade (only $16.00 USD but it is a pretty good blade)

Stiga Allround Evolution (approximately $40.00)

Stiga Tube Allround (approximately $45.00)

Butterfly Primorac Off- (approximately $70.00)

Which one is about personal choice. The interesting thing with this, the most expensive one is definitely not the one I think is the best even though they all are great blades for any player who is below 2200 USATT rating level. In other words, until you are REALLY pretty darn good, these are excellent blades for most players games.

What rubbers should you use. What your profile says you are using should be fine. You just need to work on good strokes, proper contact of the ball, in short, technique, technique, technique.
Thanks for detailed reply. In blades I have a Timo Boll Alc blade. just wanted to see if someone should notice my blade i had listed and you did :cool:.
I will follow your recommeded choices of blades, think i will test Stiga allround evolution. $40 sounds price worthy. thanks for great advice.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks for detailed reply. In blades I have a Timo Boll Alc blade. just wanted to see if someone should notice my blade i had listed and you did :cool:.
I will follow your recommeded choices of blades, think i will test Stiga allround evolution. $40 sounds price worthy. thanks for great advice.

That is really a great blade. I used that for over a year and the only reason I changed to my current blade is that it was given to me by a pro who is sponsored by Butterfly who just had it and knew he was not going to use it. Otherwise I would still be using it. If you are using a TB ALC, you will have to get used to the thicker handle from Stiga. Perhaps get a Master Flare rather than a Legend Flare. The Master is the slightly smaller flare. It will still be much thicker than the butterfly handle. After a few days you will be used to it. I personally like both thin handles like Butterfly and thicker handles like Stiga.

Also, the rubbers you are using are good. You don't need to change them if you like them. But if you wanted rubbers that are pretty good that cost $10-$15 less that are pretty comparable and have really good control, speed and spin, Xiom Vega Pro for FH and Xiom Vega Europe for BH is a pretty good combination.

Aside from that, technique, technique, technique and you will get your forehand top notch.

By the way, if you are interested in reading what someone else writes about trying that blade, have a look at this thread:

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?8758-quot-Carl-s-Deluxe-Special-quot-Review

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 2 reviews
That is really a great blade. I used that for over a year and the only reason I changed to my current blade is that it was given to me by a pro who is sponsored by Butterfly who just had it and new he was not going to use it. Otherwise I would still be using it. If you are using a TB ALC, you will have to get used to the thicker handle from Stiga. Perhaps get a Master Flare rather than a Legend Flare. The Master is the slightly smaller flare. It will still be much thicker than the butterfly handle. After a few days you will be used to it. I personally like both thin handles like Butterfly and thicker handles like Stiga.

Also, the rubbers you are using are good. You don't need to change them if you like them. But if you wanted rubbers that are pretty good that cost $10-$15 less that are pretty comparable and have really good control, speed and spin, Xiom Vega Pro for FH and Xiom Vega Europe for BH is a pretty good combination.

Aside from that, technique, technique, technique and you will get your forehand top notch.

By the way, if you are interested in reading what someone else writes about trying that blade, have a look at this thread:

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?8758-quot-Carl-s-Deluxe-Special-quot-Review
thanks for all the tips. I have read the review and i was convinced to try one. Thanks. Now i just need to improve my technique.

This user has no status.
XP 2008 Super Power for a Euro/Japanese style control rubber.

999 topsheet custom glued to a sponge I like for something more dynamic.

H3 NEO for that same category.

Yep so true!! :D just bought a 999 topsheet with yinhe 38* medium sponge 2.00mm and it was very very awesome
the feel is very different from the normal and commercial globe 999 that they sell. :D