Your favorite chinese/chinese like rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hurricane 3 is good but dosen't even come close to battle 2. I've tried the hurricane3 commercial, provincial, orange and blue sponge. Played with boost and without on 39, 40, 41 in hardness. The difference in spin is huge!
That is a bold statement!!!

Which battle 2 did you play? Apparently there're provincial versions?

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
C'mon, more spin than H3? Really? Don't know about Battle 2 49 deg, but 47 deg was way too soft and bottomed out too easily on a hard OFF blade. To add even more to the problem, it had a much lower throw than H3, so I couldn't close the bat enough to prevent bottoming out... And yes, the speed is also lower than properly boosted hurricane.

To answer the question in OP - no one seems to come out with smth better than National grade DHS (choose the pip structure based on your style and natural stroke shape, go for Provincial if can't manage the Nat speed)

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
Indeed a bold statement coming from someone who changes equipment as often as I change underwear :) Isn't that right Tompa?

Battle 2 is actually the one rubber i have played the most with, yes i have tried alooot but still dosen't change facts.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
C'mon, more spin than H3? Really? Don't know about Battle 2 49 deg, but 47 deg was way too soft and bottomed out too easily on a hard OFF blade. To add even more to the problem, it had a much lower throw than H3, so I couldn't close the bat enough to prevent bottoming out... And yes, the speed is also lower than properly boosted hurricane.

To answer the question in OP - no one seems to come out with smth better than National grade DHS (choose the pip structure based on your style and natural stroke shape, go for Provincial if can't manage the Nat speed)

47 is way to soft! 49 is much better. These come alive when boosted! I dont know what blade you use but its a killer on a spirit or viscaria that i currently play with. Both the 49 or the provincial 39-40 deg are really good. I have played with both. the 49 is more or less the same as 39 in hardness. Every rubber can be a little bit different in hardness unfortunately, this includes expensive stuff like tenergy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
If Battle 2 was better than the H3 the CNT would use it.

47 is way to soft! 49 is much better. These come alive when boosted! I dont know what blade you use but its a killer on a spirit or viscaria that i currently play with. Both the 49 or the provincial 39-40 deg are really good. I have played with both. the 49 is more or less the same as 39 in hardness. Every rubber can be a little bit different in hardness unfortunately, this includes expensive stuff like tenergy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Actually DianChi D has received a lot of great feedbacks.

It's been used for a while and people have put up their reviews against H3 provincial.

It's said to be more linear, has better control and the same if not better spin.

Passionate about TT

Reactions: BeGo and Tompa8888
This user has no status.
Err, Tompa right, sort of.

Battle vs Hurricane is like Tenergy 05 vs 25.

While maximum spin caps of Hurricane and 25 far above Battle and 05, because The 1st pair harder to bottom out,

Minimum speed needed is also a lot larger, cause the rubber combi is harder for ball to penetrate, making 2 interesting situation,

Slowhander like me and Tompa would say Battle spinnier than Hurricane.

Fasthander like National level athlete would say, H3 better. This assuming They allowed to EJ. [emoji28]

Note.

This answer are a paraphrase of what Yoda have said on OOAK forum.

http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=29358

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

While maximum spin caps of Hurricane and 25 far above Battle and 05, because The 1st pair harder to bottom out,

Minimum speed needed is also a lot larger, cause the rubber combi is harder for ball to penetrate, making 2 interesting situation,

Fasthander like National level athlete would say, H3 better. This assuming They allowed to EJ. [emoji28]

Note.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
If I understand you correctly you say that for amateurs Battle 2 feels spinnier than H3, and that I agree with. National H3 Blue sponge require professional technique to fully unlock. There's a reason the CNT almost exclusively use H3 blue sponge on fh, and it stretches beyond any sort of sponsorship.

Note.

If I understand you correctly you say that for amateurs Battle 2 feels spinnier than H3, and that I agree with. National H3 Blue sponge require professional technique to fully unlock. There's a reason the CNT almost exclusively use H3 blue sponge on fh, and it stretches beyond any sort of sponsorship.

I wouldn't say "amateurs". If i compare it to a provincial h3 40 and 41 degree, blue sponge (yes i have played with both) battle 2 has higher throw angle and spin. H3 has higher speed. I am refering to boosted state.

Actually DianChi D has received a lot of great feedbacks.

It's been used for a while and people have put up their reviews against H3 provincial.

It's said to be more linear, has better control and the same if not better spin.

Passionate about TT

Interesting! Have you tried it? If so how is it? Anyone got more info on this Dianchi D rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Interesting! Have you tried it? If so how is it? Anyone got more info on this Dianchi D rubber?
No I haven't tried because it's not cheap $35.

I have read on Chinese forum. A few provincial coaches were interviewed. They said DianChi D is at least equal to H3 provincial BS.

I will give it a try after my H3N dies. It might take a few years

Passionate about TT

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Another point to take away from this; DHS rubbers have amazing longevity and durability. "You get what you pay for", the classic.

No I haven't tried because it's not cheap $35.

I have read on Chinese forum. A few provincial coaches were interviewed. They said DianChi D is at least equal to H3 provincial BS.

I will give it a try after my H3N dies. It might take a few years

Passionate about TT