Yinhe Big Dipper - Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Awesome review buddy! Is it possible to buy the rubber with harder sponge in Europe? Could be the harder sponge would add some extra weight IMO.

Hey buddy, so far I can only find http://tt-store.eu/yinhe-galaxy-big-dipper and my store that sells the Big Dipper
TT-Store only has 38Deg while I am carrying 39Deg

I think maybe you can ask TT-Store if they will be ordering 40Deg in any time.
I am waiting for Yinhe to get back from mid-autumn festival break (moon festival) and will ask them if they can make 41, 42 Deg ones (as I also want harder sponge) and what other international stores has brought stock so far.

I am actually surprised how little stores are carrying it.
I know the Yinhe Moon series was very popular, so there must be some demand around the world

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hey buddy, so far I can only find http://tt-store.eu/yinhe-galaxy-big-dipper and my store that sells the Big Dipper
TT-Store only has 38Deg while I am carrying 39Deg

I think maybe you can ask TT-Store if they will be ordering 40Deg in any time.
I am waiting for Yinhe to get back from mid-autumn festival break (moon festival) and will ask them if they can make 41, 42 Deg ones (as I also want harder sponge) and what other international stores has brought stock so far.

I am actually surprised how little stores are carrying it.
I know the Yinhe Moon series was very popular, so there must be some demand around the world
I just sent the store an enquiry of the 40deg rubber. Do they make custom hardness for your demand? I also only found that store supplying yinhe items. :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I just sent the store an enquiry of the 40deg rubber. Do they make custom hardness for your demand? I also only found that store supplying yinhe items. :(

Custom hardness has a min order quantity of 10 units - which isn't a lot.
So I don't see a problem really :)

But if it will be 10 units that is difficult to sell - than thats a problem

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
To my understanding, the dipper seems hard to get.
Any idea when it might be more readily available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
To my understanding, the dipper seems hard to get.
Any idea when it might be more readily available?

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Just got reply from Yinhe:

In terms of Big Dipper , actually it is in the market recently , so just few countries order it . I think it will popular soon"

So my guess was right - its still new and need time for stores to stock it.
I think maybe I should look at selling Yinhe across the border (normally my business only covers southern Africa region).
PM me if you want to consider to buy. I have a paypal business account which was never used before lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
After around 5 hours of usage (rallies, friendly matches, multiball feeding)

I am more comfortable with the Big Dipper.

Here is a video from last night's training session

It is really like a provincial H3. However maybe due to the factory tune, the sponge has a lot softer feeling.

Pros:
More gears - especially away from the table
One can play more passively - unlike traditional hard sponge which requires more active strokes

Cons:
More difficult to generate spinny serves

Last edited:
Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Tony, you got to so many balls late and swing timing late on some, you must have been pretty tired by the time you made this vid :)

You seem to be pretty happy about the rubber and I do not think it will be easy to please you on FH wing.

haha
Check the video in 30 second intervals and see how I slow down
I'm getting old lol

Yeah, this was filmed after our 2 hours training session on Monday night.
These 2 weeks has been the most active for me in a very long time and the most I was doing was just acting as a blocking partner. This video was the first full on attack. We done 5 to 10 mins before this video and after this video we ended the training.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
If you think you are spending too much money to get quality rubbers, give this a try. It's more a looping rubber than a hitting rubber as far as spin is concerned- you can brush just about as hard as you want to with good results. I use it in 38 deg because I came from Tenergy 05. It has good longevity too.

This user has no status.
Is there a difference between the red and black rubbers asides from the color? Are the sponges and topsheets the same? I found this pic of the black yinhe big dipper blue sponge:

http://www.kineske-gume.rama.hr/Galaxy_GOD_Sponge.jpg

comparing it to the tenergy sponge

http://www.shanghai-sports.com/images/upload/Image/2(1269).jpg

And now i'm pretty excited. If the red sponge/topsheet are the same as black, than I would be really interested in trying out this rubber for my backhand. I am currently using yinhe mercury 2 and i like the tacky top sheet + catapult sponge combination. Should I get 38 or 39 degrees for my backhand? Would the 39 be closer to the tenergy05? My blade is the YEO7P, an OFF+ blade, would 39 be too fast?