Yinhe Big Dipper - Review

Unfortunately i think that the factory tuned effect is all gone by the time Big Dippers are available in French stores (tested the big dipper at a local tt-retailer shop called misterping, maybe you know, they have a huge stock of yinhe products including rubbers, blades, grips...etc...), the Big Dipper felt really really slow when I tested it (brand new out of the box, they mounted the bad just in front of my eyes with Yinhe T11 and red Moon speed + black Big Dipper 39°). The moon speed felt so much faster, bouncier, springier than the big dipper, almost like an european tensor. And i tested the rubbers again 3 days later with the same feelings.

I recovered the pictures (not great pictures i admit :D) of the racket, i posted a quick review on a french forum as well:
http://www.noelshack.com/2014-44-1414711282-20141030-141333.jpg
http://www.noelshack.com/2014-44-1414711282-20141030-141357.jpg

I think that moon speed will be FAR MUCH appreciated than Big Dipper by european players imho, the moon speed was at least one category of speed faster than the big Dipper (il moon speed is off rubber, then Big dipper is allround/allround+ rubber) and was really an alternative to european tensors. Plus I can say that the moon speed keeps its speed and tension for quite a long time, I use mine to test new blades I purchase and after 4+ month, my moon speed is still as fast as a new one.

To sum up : Moon speed has a throw angle a bit lower than the big dipper, i would say medium/low throw (while big dipper is medium/neutral throw), moon speed is a lot faster (a would say at least one, almost two categories of speed above the big dipper) and a bit less tacky than Big Dipper. The chinese rubber that has the closest feel to european tensors. I really think Moon Speed would please european players far more than Big Dipper.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
Just received my order for big dipper from aliexpress I was hoping to order from Tony but wasn't sure you delivered to the UK?

Can't believe how well packaged and presented it is though!? So much better than any other rubber I've bought before.

So keen to give this a test on Saturday. I'd love this to be the answer for me. Loved playing with skyline neo 2 in 2.15mm but I find for me it gets really effected by condensation that I can't play with it for long periods... I've been using baracuda for a while now but only in a 1.8. Big dipper I've got is 2.0 I think and 40 degree so im itching to see what this is like!!

Anyone else had some more impressions of this rubber?

On a side note love the navy blue sponge!!! ☺

This user has no status.
And what is your opinion about them?

Well, I played them for about a year on my Stiga Hybrid Wood. Was ok, but not great. Glued them to a softer all wood allround blade and I love the way the H3 neo plays (tuned)!
Still a bit heavy, still needs more effort than my rakzas to perform. But I just closed the deal on another Banda JO Waldner blade and Im looking to try a more asian style rubber on this one. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Well, I played them for about a year on my Stiga Hybrid Wood. Was ok, but not great. Glued them to a softer all wood allround blade and I love the way the H3 neo plays (tuned)!
Still a bit heavy, still needs more effort than my rakzas to perform. But I just closed the deal on another Banda JO Waldner blade and Im looking to try a more asian style rubber on this one. :)
I would say you should go for the 38deg then. I didn't try to boost one, but that would definitely help on the hardness. The BD I tried were a bit heavier than my H3's.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
And the performance is better than H3 neo in your opinion?
I like H3 better. But for the buck the BD is good. I haven't tried a boosted one yet and it was with the old cell ball... I felt at some shots it was a little in consistent.

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Never used H3 Neo - I like Big Dipper a lot and if I had two knees instead of half a knee, I would use it, but I have concluded that I don't have the mobility to fix my counterhit and block with a rubber that provides little catapult (the catapult is good vs. Chinese hard sponged rubbers, but nothing compared to new European rubbers like MX-S). I need my block to do what it does.

To clarify, the catapult itself is not the problem - that is fine. It is the tackiness that almost negates the catapult so if someone just loops softly to you and you block, the stickiness of the topsheet will usually put the ball into the net.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liten and fais
This user has no status.
(the catapult is good vs. Chinese hard sponged rubbers...)

I've used the yinhe mercury (35degs) and the yinhe jupiter (36 degs) on my backhand, and i'm looking to replace it with the yinhe BD (38 degs). Any ideas on how the catapult effects stacks against these, or other chinese "europonized" rubbers, (such as the focus 3 snipe, mars 2, moon LKT RD etc)?

I still have some strength and mobility remaining, I just hope it is enough to overcome the limited catapult effect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I've used the yinhe mercury (35degs) and the yinhe jupiter (36 degs) on my backhand, and i'm looking to replace it with the yinhe BD (38 degs). Any ideas on how the catapult effects stacks against these, or other chinese "europonized" rubbers, (such as the focus 3 snipe, mars 2, moon LKT RD etc)?

I still have some strength and mobility remaining, I just hope it is enough to overcome the limited catapult effect.

I haven't used those rubbers but I believe that the sponge for Big Dipper is the same as those ("MaxTense","GodCrossbow") so if you don't mind the hardness and more importantly the effects of the tackiness on blocking easy balls, then you will be fine with it.

The catapult is not the problem, it is the tackiness. The tackiness almost negates the catapult on softer shots so passsive blocks against balls without power are tricky.

Reactions: Liten and fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Anybody know if big dipper would go well with a composite blade like nexy arirang or other composite blades similar to that one? I'm looking to try one of those composite blades with big dipper but not sure if it would go well with a blade like that one.