Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 64

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
T05= drive machine(spin)
T64= smash machine(speed)

But both of them have a good spin and speed. T05 is hard sponge and T64 is middle-soft sponge, so I think T64 is appropriate for an amateur, T05 is suitable for pro because hard sponge is more harder to feel than soft thing.

This user has no status.
T05= drive machine(spin)

But both of them have a good spin and speed. T05 is hard sponge and T64 is middle-soft sponge, so I think T64 is appropriate for an amateur, T05 is suitable for pro because hard sponge is more harder to feel than soft thing.

Do you think T64 is good for looping? and also blocking? :) Thank you! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Do you think T64 is good for looping? and also blocking? :) Thank you! :)
Both of them are okay because it is good for many amateurs even semi-pro.
It also has a great quality for spin and speed. So, this rubber is suitable for every skill.

Zhangjike has used this rubber but he can play very well whatever he does.:)

This user has no status.
Both of them are okay because it is good for many amateurs even semi-pro.
It also has a great quality for spin and speed. So, this rubber is suitable for every skill.

Zhangjike has used this rubber but he can play very well whatever he does.:)

Okay, hmm yes zhang jike uses t64 for is backhand

Reactions: RyanLol
This user has no status.
They say the Tenergy 05 has more spin and is better close to the table and the 64 has better speed, a softer feel and is more for away from the table. I find the tenergy 05 very good because its more allround. Its good for close and away from the table for me. The tenergy 64 is more of a backhand rubber in my opinion. I Think I will get 64 or 80 on my backhand when my rubbers run out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
THanks! Will check out this link

You'e welcome.
This table is particulary helpful :

Tenergy 05
Tenergy 64Tenergy 25Tenergy 80
Speed on loopsHighHighest
HighHigh
Spin on power-loops
Highest
HighMediumHigh
Touch for short game
HighMediumHighestHighest
Sensitivity to spin
HighMediumMediumMedium
Accuracy for block/hits
MediumHighHighest
Very high
Throw angle / trajectory
HighestHighMediumHigh
Glue effect / feel
MediumHighMedium
Medium

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
T05= drive machine(spin)

No the sponge is the same and also you would not want to say that either one is better for amateur or professional players. The difference in the two rubbers is entirely in the top sheet, and in particular in the shape of the pips underneath. T05 as a result has a harder topsheet. It is spinnier and distinctly slower, and seems to impart more arc on the ball so you need to close your racket angle a little. With that said, T64 is also very spinny. The Tenergy topsheet is very grippy. Which one might be better for a playere is a matter of taste and also depends in part on what blade you use. On the forehand side you might prefer T05 if you use a composite blade and are used to European or Japanese rubber, and your level is high enough to take advantage of it. If you use a wood blade, you may prefer T64. But there are a lot of exceptions to that. A lot of high level Chinese players use T64 on BH side. I play with a Viscaria and I use T05 on FH and I like T80 a lot as a BH rubber.

The table that John18 just posted is consistent with my experience. I have tried all of them, and I switched to T05 not long after it first came out. The first time I tried it I didn't like it. But I did like T64. After I had played with T64 for a few months, and then I tried T05 again, I loved it and have used it pretty much ever since. So what you like may also depend a bit on what you have been playing with up to now.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
No the sponge is the same and also you would not want to say that either one is better for amateur or professional players. The difference in the two rubbers is entirely in the top sheet, and in particular in the shape of the pips underneath. T05 as a result has a harder topsheet. It is spinnier and distinctly slower, and seems to impart more arc on the ball so you need to close your racket angle a little. With that said, T64 is also very spinny. The Tenergy topsheet is very grippy. Which one might be better for a playere is a matter of taste and also depends in part on what blade you use. On the forehand side you might prefer T05 if you use a composite blade and are used to European or Japanese rubber, and your level is high enough to take advantage of it. If you use a wood blade, you may prefer T64. But there are a lot of exceptions to that. A lot of high level Chinese players use T64 on BH side. I play with a Viscaria and I use T05 on FH and I like T80 a lot as a BH rubber.

The table that John18 just posted is consistent with my experience. I have tried all of them, and I switched to T05 not long after it first came out. The first time I tried it I didn't like it. But I did like T64. After I had played with T64 for a few months, and then I tried T05 again, I loved it and have used it pretty much ever since. So what you like may also depend a bit on what you have been playing with up to now.
Look up the particular Tenergy sheet. You can see what is the spin series or speed series, or go to the Tenergy rubber comparison rink, I wrote my opinion with these systemical difference. I also divided for pro or amateur, this is not the rubber is amateur rubber or pro rubber, that's the reason why i refer to Zhangjike. I did not divide in pro and amateur "literally".

Second, I also commented both of the rubber have a good spin and speed before. So, I told with intent to the "feeling" not 05 is only spin, 64 is only speed. Tenergy 64 is better feeling for amateurs because middle-soft series than Tenergy 05, even this do not fall under for everyone. But usually, Tenergy 05 has a more difficult to feel with hit the ball than Tenergy 64, especially when you drive against backspin ball.

Anyway, I make a misunderstanding, sorry:)

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Look up the particular Tenergy sheet. You can see what is the spin series or speed series, or go to the Tenergy rubber comparison rink, I wrote my opinion with these systemical difference. I also divided for pro or amateur, this is not the rubber is amateur rubber or pro rubber, that's the reason why i refer to Zhangjike. I did not divide in pro and amateur "literally".

Second, I also commented both of the rubber have a good spin and speed before. So, I told with intent to the "feeling" not 05 is only spin 64 is only speed. Tenergy 64 is better feeling for amateurs because middle-soft series than Tenergy 05, even this do not fall under for everyone. But usually, Tenergy has a more difficult to feel with hit the ball than Tenergy 64, especially when you drive against backspin ball.

Anyway, I make a misunderstanding, sorry:)

No need to apologize!!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
I really cant understand the hype around Tenergy. For me it feels like you have to be Timo Boll to be able to have any control of the ball. I have tried all the Tenergy without founding the control I am looking for. Is it just me who feels like this rubber is only made for the real professionals?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
I really cant understand the hype around Tenergy. For me it feels like you have to be Timo Boll to be able to have any control of the ball. I have tried all the Tenergy without founding the control I am looking for. Is it just me who feels like this rubber is only made for the real professionals?
Same problem here, sure you have great speed a bit away from the table but i find it very hard to keep the control and feeling when returning a serve.

This user has no status.

How much time have you played with them for? I've been playing with 05 for a month now and I still haven't completely tamed it but I feel like I'm gradually getting better at it. Still I'm not sure whether to return to Bluefire JP 01 or staying with it next time I change rubber but I guess I'm gonna keep 05. A little harder to control but once you get used to it it can become a dangerous weapon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
How much time have you played with them for? I've been playing with 05 for a month now and I still haven't completely tamed it but I feel like I'm gradually getting better at it. Still I'm not sure whether to return to Bluefire JP 01 or staying with it next time I change rubber but I guess I'm gonna keep 05. A little harder to control but once you get used to it it can become a dangerous weapon.
I think i really have given Tenergy a chance but i feel like it just doesn't do it for me, of course no rubber plays by itself and i need to improve my game. However I am really happy with the control in the new Stiga Airoc, have you tried it? :)

Last edited: