Xiom/Tibhar: A substitute to tenergy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Hello guys! the title might be confusing...i don't mean to say that the substitute for Tenergys are either Xiom or Tibhar rubbers, i just want to ask you guys what could be the best substitute for my Tenergy 64 for either FH or BH...

i am looking forward into the future because our campus is preparing for a competition this coming november...we already started with tune up games, practices, drills, etc.., to be prepared for the said event...as a coach, at the same time trainer for my team, i also play with them, use my bat to train them more (although they are far better players than the coach, lol...:)), i have drills with them also...we have our routine twice a week with three hours each practice day that we started last week and will push through until maybe two days before the competition day on Nov. 19-21...now, i am afraid my Tenergy 64 might worn out during these hard trainings...my T64 has been sent to me as a gift so i reaally don't know how much my friend has purchased it in dubai a year ago but basing it on its price from the different stores, that would cost me much, much more than i had purchased my clipper and xp 2008 plus shipping five months ago....

i am looking into Xiom and Tibhar rubbers in case my tenergy will wear out...what in Xiom or Tibhar rubbers play at least closer to Tenergy 64...i love T64 on the Clipper wood...very controllable, spinny, and speedy topspins, can loop with it and also blocks well on either FH or BH blocks...if only the price is right then i'd be purchasing T64 again :(...

thanks in advance...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Good pm Lester are you going to compete also or going to be a training partner/sparing/blocker to your players? If you love your t64 play with it and let it die a natural death in its own time.. in return you learn to master the full capacity of your rubber. If you feel comftable with its speed and control i would encourage you to rip it graze it off. Enjoy your rubber. [emoji4]

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Bishop Rasta 27
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Xiom Omega V Pro plays pretty close to Tenergy 05 which is not really that different from 64. However, I am not so sure that rubber is much less in price than Tenergy. Xiom Sigma II Pro plays like a slightly slower version of Omega V Pro. That one is almost the same price as Omega V. :)

However, Xiom Vega Pro is a pretty decent rubber. That one costs significantly less. It is not as good as the ones I listed above. But it works pretty well.

Tibhar Evolution MX-P or EL-P

I am sure these will work as well. But I have never actually played with them.

How does it feel when you turn your racket around and use the XP 2008 for FH? Is it acceptable? That might save you a bit of cash to just use that on both sides. Also, you could try Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultralight. That might be a slight step up from XP 2008 at $16.00 a sheet. Does it play like Tenergy? No. But it is $16.00. Four sheets of Inspirit cost the same as one sheet of Tenergy. Nothing wrong with using rubbers like that. Since money is an issue, I would try flipping to your backhand rubber and see if you could make it work for FH too. If not, you could try Inspirit.

You could still get 2 sheets of Inspirit and one sheet of XP 2008 for about the same price as one Sheet of Vega Pro. :)

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I think MX-P on the flexy blade like that will not perform as well as it does on solid ALC blades. FX-P is GREAT on flexy blades, but it isn't very inexpensive.

Aurus is the best allround rubber for its price range, but it isn't Tenergy.

From Xiom, Omega IV, V, and Sigma I or I Euro would be excellent choices. I have a 2 yr old sheet of Sigma Euro II on a modified 896 (One of the bats Carl tested with H3) and it is a champ.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I would go with Evolution EL-P. It won't be exactly like T64, but it would probably work for you. A lot of people might suggest MX-P but that is a bit more like T05. Problem is that it is almost as much as Tenergy.

This user has no status.
I played the T05 and the Vega Pro on my BH for each a season until I changed to medium-hard rubbers, and I think the Vega Pro is very similar the T05.
The only big difference is that the Vega Pro isn't as good as the T05 in the short-short-game and service, but apart from that they are very similar.
The Vega Pro is really worth it's price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Thanks guys for all those great suggestions...now they fill up my list...

...yes sir, money is issue here that is why we have to be wise in choosing what works for me...have to consider sir carl's suggestion about Inspirit, maybe one of these coming days i'll purchase one...also, XP 2008 on Clipper is a good stuff for FH also, might be ordering one...i tried using it both on fh and bh though tenergy is still more powerful...i like XP on BH to receive spinny serves since it is not sensitive to incoming spin but it can hold the ball on flicks, powerful on BH smash and flat drives, the rubber - blade combi does it....

...yes Rajah, i will definitely do what you said, i'll use it till it die a natural death... i will be competing also but not in november but this coming october already, competing against trainiers/coaches of the other campuses that my players will be competing against on november...

again guys, thanks, i'll keep you posted, i hope i can video our competition....:)