Creative Table Tennis Photoshoot

This user has no status.
Hello guys!
Some of you may know that I am a graduating student in our university. And part of our perks is the yearbook (which contains, well, pictures,)
Anyway, for our yearbook, we were given a chance for a creative shot. And what better way to express my intense love for table tennis than to use those creative photoshoots! :)

I have some ideas in mind, but I still need your help guys. Can you suggest me ideas for my table tennis inspired creative photoshoot? If you can give sample photos that would be nice. :)

Thanks, TTD! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Nice one! Well done with University Harvey! I like this idea, how about a creative picture of lots of still frames of a forehand being taken so you can see each part to it. Sorry hard to explain.

What ideas do you have this may help users with creativity.

Reactions: harveyaquino
This user has no status.
Nice one! Well done with University Harvey! I like this idea, how about a creative picture of lots of still frames of a forehand being taken so you can see each part to it. Sorry hard to explain.

What ideas do you have this may help users with creativity.

Thanks for the suggestion! :) Do you mean like this, but with much more wider angle in order to show the whole body motion?

athletesinsmotion12e.jpg

My initial ideas also includes that kind of shot and I think it is also a pretty good idea to show mechanics of a forehand loop. My other ideas were a bit subtle in effect though. For example, i thought of just standing in the middle of the frame (with a black background and a dramatic black shading/lighting) then instead of raindrops, i get multiballs. hahaha. it's like raining balls intead of raining water droplets. haha

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Do an upside-down handstand on top of the table Holding a bat and ball in Ur hands while a number of your friends are laying on the other side of the table and some standing around it giving you a thumbs up.

Carl ought to be able to advise on how to pull that one off :)

nice suggestion! haha. But i have to admit, that's maybe even impossible for me to do. I can't even do a proper handstand let alone holding a bat and ball while doing it. :D But I'll keep that in mind. :)

This user has no status.
How about a simple low angle shot, possibly taken from the net, of you jumping to hit the ball, with the shot taken at the peak of the jump, and ideally with the racket and the ball fairly close to each other, there are all sorts of opportunities for extra effects E.g what Dan suggested, similar to what you showed previously but of course with a larger gap between sequences.
I think this is pretty dramatic and since it is meant to be memorable, correct me if im wrong, I think that would work effectively.
Good luck on your endeavor, and congratulations.
Keep us posted on what you decide to go with and your final product :D

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks for the suggestion! :) Do you mean like this, but with much more wider angle in order to show the whole body motion?

attachment.php

My initial ideas also includes that kind of shot and I think it is also a pretty good idea to show mechanics of a forehand loop. My other ideas were a bit subtle in effect though. For example, i thought of just standing in the middle of the frame (with a black background and a dramatic black shading/lighting) then instead of raindrops, i get multiballs. hahaha. it's like raining balls intead of raining water droplets. haha

Haha you have nailed it! That is was I was talking about. Cool pic Harvey! Perhaps yes get whole body motion could look real cool.

Multi ball as rain droplets, great idea! Please share these with us when you have come up with your designs :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Yes, the multiple exposure effect by superimposing stills is a cool idea.

Building on this another option might be a wide angle shot from a high angle of the table with images of you playing shots from different areas.

Or a shot with you at both ends of the table playing yourself.

Or a shot showing you playing a forehand loop with multiple exposures of the ball showing its curving flight from the bat to the table and beyond.

Here are some other ideas...
timo-boll-asztaliteniszezc591.jpg
0.jpg
89459843tennis_174122c.jpg
Ding+Ning+Olympics+Day+8+Table+Tennis+b656NwDGVstl.jpg

There are some great images here...
http://mashable.com/2014/05/01/world-team-table-tennis-championships/

Look forward to seeing what you come up with!