Who do you think will win the Mens World Cup?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 55.6%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Tang Peng

• Tiago Apolonia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Main Draw - Last 16

The last 16 round begins at 11am GMT. You can watch the matches live with the TableTennisDaily chat lounge here: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php?do=ittf

Ma Long vs Kenta Matsudaira
Tiagoa Apolonia vs Marcos Freitas
Chuang Chih Yuan vs Chien Chen An
Gionis Panagiotis vs Jun Mizutani

Dimitrij Ovtchatov vs Sharath Achanta
Adrien Mattenet vs Timo Boll
Tang Peng vs Quadri Aruna
Adrian Crisan vs Zhang Jike

1378129_1017401408289862_5903897749991651798_n.jpg

Photo by: ITTF

Reactions: TENERGY13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
the top half has 2x2 team members playing against each other.apolonia vs freitas and ccy vs cca:(

Yeah it is a shame for them. Both could be very good matches as each players know one anothers game. Timo and Dimitrij will meet in the quarters if both go through to.

Reactions: TENERGY13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
http://www.ittf.com/competitions/te...=16&Competition_ID=2485&Event_Type=&ID=&Rnd=&
i cant believe zhang jike's side is hard to battle ... zjk , dima and timo in one side .... lucky ma long :-D

ZJK will have to face Boll or Ovtcharov, not both as Boll and Ovtcharov will meet first (presuming all matches go according to seeding which isn't necessarily that likely). In general Ma Long's side of the draw is slightly weaker, it will be good to see ZJK-Ovtcharov again to see how well Dima does in a best of 7 match and also how ZJK responds.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
ZJK will have to face Boll or Ovtcharov, not both as Boll and Ovtcharov will meet first (presuming all matches go according to seeding which isn't necessarily that likely). In general Ma Long's side of the draw is slightly weaker, it will be good to see ZJK-Ovtcharov again to see how well Dima does in a best of 7 match and also how ZJK responds.
Well i know that zjk will face one of them :) . zjk side is so exciting... dima vs boll if they overvome their rivals B-) . i want to see how adrien mattent will fight against timo !!!!!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hi everybody! I think only Dima can threaten ZJK prior to the final, while on ML's side Mizutani, Freitas (he's in excellent shape) and even Chien Chen An are very dangerous. Anyway, I think ZJK will win the World Cup, but I hope a non-Chinese player wins. It would be good for the sport.
http://www.ittf.com/competitions/te...=16&Competition_ID=2485&Event_Type=&ID=&Rnd=&
i cant believe zhang jike's side is hard to battle ... zjk , dima and timo in one side .... lucky ma long :-D

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Those first two matches were destruction. Both 4-0 for Ma Long and Apolonia. I think the quarter final game between Ma Long and Apolonia, Apolonia could give a good game.

Jun Mizutani and Gionis are now up. I hope this will be a spectacular!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
poor kenta, very inconsistent, the only few ways to score consistently for him is to (1) third ball attack, (2) forehand close table counter loop, (3) backhand blocking wide angle shots. I am not sure the japanese coach will use him that much seeing his performance here. gg bro