Who do you think will win the Mens World Cup?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 55.6%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Tang Peng

• Tiago Apolonia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

• Total voters

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Wow! What a match as Zhang Jike defeats Timo Boll in a nail biting 7 sets! The Mens final will see Zhang Jike vs Ma Long!

10516614_10152556963159332_392026119484355527_n.jpg

Reactions: Rajah* and ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Fantastic match to watch between Zhang Jike and Timo Boll. Zhang Jike hasn't seemed quite right last two matches, he doesn't look as though he is enjoying it and his form fluctuates from game to game.

I feel so gutted for Timo, so many times he has to take the frustration of being runner up to the Chinese!

The way those guys generate spin is amazing. The subtlety and control of spin on the reverse serves is amazing. The movement itself seems quite short but they seem to have perfect timing to make a short fast brush of the ball at contact.

Timo seems to be focussed on a very very aggressive heavy top spin style off backhand as well as forehand. Almost as though the only way to challenge the chinese is to be even more aggressive. This is very high risk and his points look either completely brilliant or poor because the margin for error is so small playing like that. He seemed to miss forehands from wide on the backhand side more than he gets them - I wonder whether he should still be trying to slide across to the forehand so much now he is a little older.

Love to see the slow motion replays.

Great contrast between the Chinese coach talking animatedly to Zhang Jike at their time out while Timo just waited at the table with his coach looking on calmly - 've don't need to talk, ve know what ve are doing'.

:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
What an ugly celebration from Zhang Jike after winning the last point from Ma Long. Kicking and destroying all those sponsored dividers is not so elegant.

And not to mention the two guys from the crowd (one big fat guy and long hair guy) fighting for Zhang Jike sweaty shirt. I hope we can see who got the shirt at the end.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
the banana flick from the 2nd last point of the match, I know it's not a particularly good rally and is a very known shot, but to have the nerves and guts to perform it at 10-10 and to flick it to the more difficult side of the table is amazing, the technical level between ZJK and ML is the same, in the end it's all about the mentality over 2 points. ZJK has a lot of guts even if he isn't exactly anything like a true sportsman when he celebrates his victory, in any case you can see the pent up energy which he releases very destructively at the end of the match, it shows the psyche required to be champion. Ma Long is not missing anything technically really, just needs that same "beast" mentality on the critical points. Once again congrats ZJK - I am impressed by the sheer mentality even though I will not be following all your sporting "behaviour"