Who do you think will win the Mens World Cup?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 55.6%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Tang Peng

• Tiago Apolonia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
the banana flick from the 2nd last point of the match, I know it's not a particularly good rally and is a very known shot, but to have the nerves and guts to perform it at 10-10 and to flick it to the more difficult side of the table is amazing, the technical level between ZJK and ML is the same, in the end it's all about the mentality over 2 points. ZJK has a lot of guts even if he isn't exactly anything like a true sportsman when he celebrates his victory, in any case you can see the pent up energy which he releases very destructively at the end of the match, it shows the psyche required to be champion. Ma Long is not missing anything technically really, just needs that same "beast" mentality on the critical points. Once again congrats ZJK - I am impressed by the sheer mentality even though I will not be following all your sporting "behaviour"

100% true, it was an unreal shot. At the same time, can you imagine what we'd say if he'd missed it? I'd also like to see Ma Long be more explosive on such points, but to be honest, ZJK has that shot and ML really doesn't. ML basically has to build up the point in order to win it, unlike ZJK who can explode on these first couple shots over the table. ZJK has really figured out how to play Ma Long, his serving in particular was amazing - it felt like whatever aggressive return ma long could put in, if it wasn't absolutely incredible, ZJK could counter strongly and catch Ma Long out of position. I used to feel like Ma Long could take ZJK completely out of his comfort zone when they played, now it is the other way around. When the rally goes off the table, I still give Ma Long the edge, but in terms of those quick explosive exchanges, ZJK really has the advantage. Great match either way, but certainly a heartbreaker for Ma Long.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Another thing i noticed is that with the plastic ball, it seems like serves can be attacked even more powerfully and at a higher percentage using the banana flick (sure, there were some errors, but some of that comes down to getting used to the ball). This could bode well for players like ZJK and FZD - anyone who could generate explosive power over the table before is going to be even more dangerous now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Forbidding him to take the money is plain stupid. ZJK apologized just to appear as mr nice guy whereas Im pretty sure he didnt meant his apology (more like "f*** you all people telling me that i won everything because ML was not in the final") .

I dont think it was a "bad manners" issue. There are several videos on facebook, especially the one from PiingOfPower where you can hear, people cheering others laughing and other booeing at him so its just a matter of perspective.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
ITTF BETTER USE THAT $45,000 TO REVAMP THEIR WEBSITE.SHARARA PROMISED IN 2014 HE WILL. it sucks so bad the website. hurting the sports mann

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
the banana flick from the 2nd last point of the match, I know it's not a particularly good rally and is a very known shot, but to have the nerves and guts to perform it at 10-10 and to flick it to the more difficult side of the table is amazing, the technical level between ZJK and ML is the same, in the end it's all about the mentality over 2 points. ZJK has a lot of guts even if he isn't exactly anything like a true sportsman when he celebrates his victory, in any case you can see the pent up energy which he releases very destructively at the end of the match, it shows the psyche required to be champion. Ma Long is not missing anything technically really, just needs that same "beast" mentality on the critical points. Once again congrats ZJK - I am impressed by the sheer mentality even though I will not be following all your sporting "behaviour"

+1

I suppose you mean the point @ 10-10 where he flicked at ma longs FH right?. I am a huge ZJK fan but I also believe that these two guys are on par as far
technique aspects. I kinda felt sorry for ML he also played great but ZJK made less errors in the deciding set. The last point was a clever play by ML but his BH flick to the deep BH side of ZJK was a bit rushy. For me ML is also a huge player and I hope he wont be dissapointed by his loss and come back stronger.

Ι really hate it when people downgrade players like Wang Hao or Ma Long as losers, ZJK has shown extra ultra super duper respect for his teammates in many of his interviews. In the end only one can win thats the "bad" thing of a final between two of the greatest of all time. If Ma Long won this time most of the people would say, he is the boss and ZJK is a loser and blah blah blah. Hate the game people, not the players :)

Reactions: Alborz
This user has no status.
I am agree with you jedimasterpik. Zhang jike is bichampion of wttc, has 2 world cup, and one gold medal in olimpic games. Ma long has only one cup. I always says Zhang jike is better than Ma long. I get angry because 70% now says Zhang jike is better than Ma long, but two months ago said Ma long is better than Zjk. For me in playing there isnt comparation between ZJK and ML, but in importants tournaments ZJK is the Best. Sorry for my bad english, I am argentinian

Reactions: jedimasterplk
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
No one could possibly call ZJK a loser, even IF he had lost this match. And he didnt - showing once again, that when it REALLY matters, he will beat everyone. That makes him the best. He is also the current reigning Olympic and world champion. I am not calling Malong a 'loser' per se - but, its not like he and ZJK are sharing the big titles between themselves, win one lose one etc... What major title has Malong ever won?? none. 20 yrs from now, people will see other amazing players - 'amazing' means nothing, unless you win something. ZJK will go down in history as having won everything.

Last edited:
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
I am agree with you jedimasterpik. Zhang jike is bichampion of wttc, has 2 world cup, and one gold medal in olimpic games. Ma long has only one cup. I always says Zhang jike is better than Ma long. I get angry because 70% now says Zhang jike is better than Ma long, but two months ago said Ma long is better than Zjk. For me in playing there isnt comparation between ZJK and ML, but in importants tournaments ZJK is the Best. Sorry for my bad english, I am argentinian

Your English is perfectly fine mate )) nothing bad about it at all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
Lol i was in training when the matches where happening every like five minutes i ask my coach can i go to the toilet then i check my phone for the score i was jumping like crazy when Zjk won if he gets picked for rio Olympics i beileve he can get a second grand slam and most likely be the best player in history

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
No one could possibly call ZJK a loser, even IF he had lost this match. And he didnt - showing once again, that when it REALLY matters, he will beat everyone. That makes him the best. He is also the current reigning Olympic and world champion. I am not calling Malong a 'loser' per se - but, its not like he and ZJK are sharing the big titles between themselves, win one lose one etc... What major title has Malong ever won?? none. 20 yrs from now, people will see other amazing players - 'amazing' means nothing, unless you win something. ZJK will go down in history as having won everything.

what i meant is that they are very equal to each other, the fact is that in crucial situations ZJK makes less mistakes than WANG hAO and ma long.