Who do you think will win the Mens World Cup?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 55.6%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Tang Peng

• Tiago Apolonia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Zhang Jike and Ma Long at Beijing International Airport leaving for World Cup

df9a5f1ejw1eljwshpthij20db0hs76y.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Ma Long and Zhang Jike both have already got this World Cup. For the 2nd Grand Slam, probably Zhang Jike even has more passion to achieve the trophy this time. But who knows, once Ma Long does not have any mental burden and feels free to play, he is just simply unbeatable. Can't wait for the final between two monsters :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
i believe its time ma lng will get a grandslam,starting with this

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
We have groups!!! :)
Who will go to main draw? :)

Group 1: Tiago Apolonia POR, Sharath Kamal Achanta IND, Cazuo Matsumoto BRA
Group 2: Panagiotis Gionis GRE, Adrien Mattenet FRA, William Henzell AUS
Group 3: Chen Chien-An TPE, Adrian Crisan ROU, Kanak Jha USA
Group 4: Kenta Matsudaira JPN, Alexander Shibaev RUS, Quadri Aruna NGR

It promises some interesting matches.. Apolonia vs. Achanta, Mattenet vs. Gionis .. wov! :)
Kanak Jha, 14 years old, he can only surprise!
Also Chen Chien-An vs. Crisan can be interesting..
Still cant wait for the main draw..

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Maybe they can also give Xu Xin a wildcard entry :) hmmm, hmmm maybe they can't since he is ranked no.1!

The funniest part is the WR1 and WR2 will not be participating in this WC lol. By the way, I will not be counting on ZJK to perform well, nor will I anticipate an epic match between ZJK and ML. With injuries and inconsistency performance, he's already past his prime. For the sake of the tournament, let's just pray that he can at least display his great performance one last time. Or perhaps ittf is kind enough to give wild card to any of the top 2 WR player.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Guys don t forget that this tournament will be played with plastic ball :) DHS, which is a noch slower ten celluloid was .... and Ma Long is a terminator no doubt about that ... but his biggest weapon is his POWER play ... which will be a little less effective now... so this could actually be really exciting

Will be extremely exciting. Ma Long won a lot from power before, so he may be less effective. Zhang Jike's style could suit this ball well.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Guys don t forget that this tournament will be played with plastic ball :) DHS, which is a noch slower ten celluloid was .... and Ma Long is a terminator no doubt about that ... but his biggest weapon is his POWER play ... which will be a little less effective now... so this could actually be really exciting
I have just read an article from TableTennisTa about what you are saying. There was an interview with Ma Long where he said the changes are not so big and the ball still travels fast. So i don't think his forehand will be less effective.
Also you can see his match with Xu Xin in warm-up matches for WTTTC. They played with plastic balls and Ma Long's forehand were as effective as always.

Anyway, I think Zhang Jike will win this title.