What glue do you use to glue new rubbers to your bat?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I use my finger (not nail) to scrap all the glue on the rubber out :D
It will took some time to do it thought

I also did this, but I was afraid that I would damage the sponge. Do you have an other alternative to this method?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I just remembered that this statement was in the original post that started this thread. It is worth making sure that you know that this information: the expansion of the rubber is what gives it the speed glue effect. When the sponge expands something happens to the rubber that makes it a lot more spiny and gives the rubber a lot more control, dwell time, catapult effect. Without the expansion there is no such thing as speed glue a speed glue effect.

Seriously, do you mean that? Glueing gives you more control?

You're lucky !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
I use dhs #15 glue. It's pretty thick and strong, it also comes off pretty easy if your blade is sealed. Free chack might be easier to use if you don't reglue often though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
The safest way is to ask the store to assemble them for you :). I think almost every stores will do it for free, why do it yourself?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
I've used the Butterfly Free Chack for quite a while to glue. Only problem was that when I wanted to re-glue rubbers, I usually had to peel off the glue from the rubber and that took quite a while.
For a few months now, I have switched to the XIOM Revolution No.3 latex based glue. It makes the peeling off so much easier and the glue is holding the rubber on the paddle quite well :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
i have read in one of the posts here that rubber cements are sold usually where we buy school supplies and art supplies, so i tried to look for a rubber cement here in our local stores to my surprise the sellers doesn't know what a rubber cement is!...they asked me where am i gonna use the rubber cement for, isn't it obvious?..hahaha...
...yah!i think i can save much rather than buying online for table tennis glue but i don't have the option because they don't know what a rubber cement is here in our locality...or they're just lazy to look into their stocks...:mad:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 4 reviews
I use dhs #15 glue. It's pretty thick and strong, it also comes off pretty easy if your blade is sealed. Free chack might be easier to use if you don't reglue often though.

I also use dhs #15 glue. Great glue but I recently hear that DHS stop making it... any one have notices about? They will sell another glue?

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I had this with the last bat I got the store to do for me ( my secondary for the last few months ). I honestly don't think the store used enough glue; I used my Butterfly Free Chack to glue down the bits that started peeling, and they stayed where they were put after that. On the other hand I put the Aurus on the Stiga Contra myself back in January and there's never been a hint of that starting to come off - just wish I could trim rubbers a bit more neatly !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
I use Elmer's RC for Chinese rubbers. I use Tear Mender on those that require a water based glue.

This user has no status.
I had this with the last bat I got the store to do for me ( my secondary for the last few months ). I honestly don't think the store used enough glue; I used my Butterfly Free Chack to glue down the bits that started peeling, and they stayed where they were put after that. On the other hand I put the Aurus on the Stiga Contra myself back in January and there's never been a hint of that starting to come off - just wish I could trim rubbers a bit more neatly !
Ahh, so basically you just put a bit of glue where there is separation?