Let's talk about seamless plastic ball

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Well i'm not sure if this needs to be questioned. I think the chances are quite high that it could be true since there is only five ball producing factories for the 40+ balls worldwide.
1. Double Happiness/DHS
2. Double Fish
3. XushaoFa
4. Nittaku
5. Weener
according to ITTF Sheet.
View attachment 12061

https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&sour...D__9tI3Yxqqoa_fFg&sig2=ZDjEDdp9Ya6jWaXchnCkBw

But you could be right about the QC.
This here has been an interesting read:

http://www.equipmentjunkie.com/table-tennis-ball-reviews/

I would be surprised if any forum members have tried as many different plaxtic balls as I have. I made it mission for quite a long time. The info in that last link you posted agrees with my experience. One thing I would add is that while it is true that Chinese seamed 40+ balls improved a little, their bounce is still too low and inconsistent.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Each one lasted more than a month? I can only assume that you don't hit very hard. Either that or you have balls of steel.

Nittaku premiums are better and longer lasting. But not the ones made in China.

Xiom makes poly balls that play exactly like XushaoFa balls, but are more durable.

Double fish poly balls and some DHS ones are a little soft. Same with the old JOOLA ones.
I don't know about the new JOOLA balls.

Butterfly is okay? I think?

EDIT:
I feel that the biggest problem with the poly balls is that they are too different. Players have to adapt to each one.
I played NCTTA divisionals yesterday, and they were using the double fish poly ball. The first game I played was against this solid 2100 player. I lost the first two games simply because I wasn't used to the ball (I play mostly with the XuShaoFa balls). I had to adjust my technique and use more forearm, and then I proceeded to win the next three games.

You should instead assume that I rarely mis-hit on the edge of my blade!

My club has a Gerflor and green tarps on the walls. They improve visibility but also cushion balls striking the wall. Maybe that affects how our balls wear or break.

Joola seamed balls are bad as ever.

I am frequently breaking Nittaku Premium, so at their price i sort of ration them out. I still pefer to play with them. But seamless is fine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
No, just checked, those are the seamed 40+ plastic balls DHS has been selling ffrom the beginning. You had me quite excited so I went to buy some from TT11. But those are not the new D40+ balls made of the newest material and the micro seams (like Nittaku Premiun). And they are not very good unfortunately. The wait continues.
a60923d00bf92559d9789060e57f9d4c.jpg

It isn't a 3* ball but for test that's fine.

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I think Nittaku Premium 40+ are only made in Japan. Nittaku SHA 40+, on the other hand... But we don't mention them in polite company :rolleyes: , these are/were horrible in my experience.

pgpg is correct.

By the way, another point about durability is that one has to consider how the outer surface wears, not just how long before they break. I personally don't like to use balls that get worn and shiny and the Nittaku Premium 40+ gets that way relatively quickly (a feature that was also true of their best celluloid balls, oddly enough). All in all, their durability is ok at best, nothing remarkable, and nothing awful either, and considering their price, using those balls is a bit of a luxury. The outer surface of seamless balls is a lot more durable. The Butterfly G40+ are the worst in this regard.

As for DHS, there is a reason balls are not 3*. I hope the 3* ITTF approved D40+ comes out soon. (As things stand now, I would take a Nittaku J-top training ball over any Chinese seamed ball any day).

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
While I agree with your comment about Nittaku J-top , I don't seem to have the problem on the longevity that you seem to be having with Nittaku premium. We have a good flooring but thewalls are not protected with any covering.
However, I have come across boxes of Nittaku which have QC issues where all three break pretty quick, however the ones that last , last forever .... and we don't hit the edges that often either ..

pgpg is correct.

By the way, another point about durability is that one has to consider how the outer surface wears, not just how long before they break. I personally don't like to use balls that get worn and shiny and the Nittaku Premium 40+ gets that way relatively quickly (a feature that was also true of their best celluloid balls, oddly enough). All in all, their durability is ok at best, nothing remarkable, and nothing awful either, and considering their price, using those balls is a bit of a luxury. The outer surface of seamless balls is a lot more durable. The Butterfly G40+ are the worst in this regard.

As for DHS, there is a reason balls are not 3*. I hope the 3* ITTF approved D40+ comes out soon. (As things stand now, I would take a Nittaku J-top training ball over any Chinese seamed ball any day).

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
DHS have a new ball coming out...

Hopefully soon. Actually the fact that they are still not selling the D40+ yet gives me some reason for optimism. They are taking their time to get it right.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
While I agree with your comment about Nittaku J-top , I don't seem to have the problem on the longevity that you seem to be having with Nittaku premium. We have a good flooring but thewalls are not protected with any covering.
However, I have come across boxes of Nittaku which have QC issues where all three break pretty quick, however the ones that last , last forever .... and we don't hit the edges that often either ..

For sure some boxes are worse than others. But that is part of the assessment. Overall durability is ok but not remarkable. It is not their best feature. I have been using them since they came out so i am basing this on about a hundred balls.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
cache.php

It isn't a 3* ball but for test that's fine.

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk
).

I have tested them (like Baal, I test all the 3 stars and since I coach, I also test the ones that are not 3 star). The ball gives me hope. The sound is not great but it seems consistent. I haven't put it through matches though, just some practice hits.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Hopefully soon. Actually the fact that they are still not selling the D40+ yet gives me some reason for optimism. They are taking their time to get it right.

The 3 Star D40+ with Ding Ning on the box has start shipping from taobao in 2017. I have placed an order for a few through online shopping agent but probably has to wait a bit because all business activities have just been resumed from a long CNY holiday and need some time to consolidate everything. I am still deciding if I should go ahead with their new GA5 and GA8 pair or wait for TT11.

Reactions: Suga D
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Please give a review when you get them. I will wait until I can get them from TT11.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Now. I know 2 kind Ball Butterfly. Butterfly ball made in Germany and Butterfly ball made in China. Butterfly ball made in China no good. But ball butterfly made in Germany is good and same ball nittaku made in japan

vợt bóng bàn hà nội

Sorry no. The Butterfly G40+ that is made in Germany is not much like Nittaku Premium (Japan) and it is not like anything else. It is absolutely not the same ball.

The G40+ has a weird sound. It has a very smooth surface right out of the box (this is very different from Nittaku) and is clearly made from a completely different kind of plastic. It moves through the air fast and straight (like a bullet) and it tends to slide on the table sometimes rather than bounce. It doesn't lose much spin in the air and after bouncing so more residual spin is left when it hits your blade. It bounces high which is good, and it is very round. It doesn't crack but it starts out shiny and gets even shinier with very little use.

I don't personally like them very much (but better than the ones made in China for Bttfly by Double FIsh). Nittaku Premium is much better for the price.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Now. I know 2 kind Ball Butterfly. Butterfly ball made in Germany and Butterfly ball made in China. Butterfly ball made in China no good. But ball butterfly made in Germany is good and same ball nittaku made in japan
View attachment 12082
vợt bóng bàn hà nội

No comparison! the Premium Nittaku made in Japan is a much superior ball in terms of consistency and durability than the G40+; however, not cost. No one in my club likes to play the G40+ or the SXF balls except the club owner (he has Butterfly sponsorship) and some Chinese players as SXF is cheap and durable.

This user has no status.
No, just checked, those are the seamed 40+ plastic balls DHS has been selling ffrom the beginning. You had me quite excited so I went to buy some from TT11. But those are not the new D40+ balls made of the newest material and the micro seams (like Nittaku Premiun). And they are not very good unfortunately. The wait continues.

The DHS Dual sold at TT11 is the D40+. I've bought them in 1-star & 2-star – the boxes have a picture of Ding Ning, whereas the earlier DHS 40+ boxes have a picture of Ma Long. The translucent lettering next to the photo of the ball on the box (both 1-star & 2-star) says "D40+ CTTA APPROVED".

1-star: http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/dhs-dual-1-40-10-balls-seam

2-star: http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/dhs-dual-2-40-10-balls-seam

Reactions: Baal