One Small Step (thanks to 'Drill Your Skills')

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
I was inspired by Stiga and Yan An in 'Drill Your Skills' to consider my footwork in moving out of the serving position. I have added one small step into my serve and hey it really feels like it helps to get me into an (almost) ready position significantly faster. So I thought I would do a little homage to a small thing that makes a significant difference. Here is my first video post...

If you don't currently make this step, try it, I think it works, do you ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It'd be a lot better if you physically stepped backwards. That's the point of the step, to get you squared and farther away.

If you don't do this, what do you do? Face the table sideways?

Can you stop posting about other people's technique until you either present yours or you link to videos displaying the precise things you recommend?

says what [IMG]
No, I don't have to.

Furthermore, all I'm doing is comparing the technique shown to the technique demonstrated in the Stiga video. I believe to more accurately follow the video, you should step back slightly. I don't know what's so bad about that. Even if I don't step back in my own serves, or face the table entirely sideways, it still doesn't change what's demonstrated in the Stiga video.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
No, I don't have to.

Furthermore, all I'm doing is comparing the technique shown to the technique demonstrated in the Stiga video. I believe to more accurately follow the video, you should step back slightly. I don't know what's so bad about that. Even if I don't step back in my own serves, or face the table entirely sideways, it still doesn't change what's demonstrated in the Stiga video.

OK, Archo. Carry on. Everything you write makes me more convinced than ever that you need to learn a lot more about table tennis and human beings if you want to do what you do competently.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Well, I feel a lot better knowing that you have judged my abilities of living to be insufficient.

To think I was going all of this time without knowing that someone else knew me better than myself and could judge me in such a personal level, so objectively and wisely.

:rolleyes:

No, I am judging your abilities to be an internet coach. And I am being fairly objective about it based on the evidence you have thus far presented.