What is the best method to clean the rubbers?

This user has no status.
Recently i bought a Donic Racket, and I dont know about how to clean, because some people says that butterfly and anothers cleaners are bad to the rubbers. Another people says that cleans the rubbers with an sponge and a bit of water before and after to play is the best method, but im not sure of that. So, for you, what is the best method to clean the rubbers? I havent cleaners. Sorry for my bad english

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
When I played daily, I would just wipe the rubber on my sweaty azz jersey, wave it to dry, maybe use my hand to wipe across it afterwards to speed up the dry, toss it in the bat case, and go out for beerz and chicken with my club mates. What a life !!

If I had a rubber that was ancient and hadn't been played in a long time, I would rejuvenate it with a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice. Wipe the stuff in 15 seconds or more, then wipe off with a clean towel, let the oil set in a few minutes. The oil would restore some of the topsheet's elasticity and the original mixture worked good to clean the surface.

I see TONS of people using plastic protective covers for their rubbers - Koreans are particularly crazy over this. Doing that is great if you are into it, but if you play every day for hours, a rubber won't last you long enough for that stuff to make much of a difference. Yet, if it makes someone feel better, then have at it.

If you play only once in a while, the protective sheet is a good idea.

Reactions: JikeChampion
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have been around Koreans who play hours every day and do not change their rubbers but every 6 months, even if the performance is not even 1/2 after 2 months. They seem to be very careful to wash with pure water, wife off and put on the plastic protector. They are happy.

I wipe them clean on my shirt and/or help with a couple brush of the palm & toss it in my bat case... I am happy too. I know my topsheet will stay serviceable enough until I hit to many hours on the rubber to make its performance go downhill, which is usually 4-6 weeks with Tenergy, 3 months with Aurus, 6 months with XP 2008 playing daily. Since XP 2008 is so inexpensive, I usually change it out at same time as FH rubber and give my serviceable used sheet to a club mate or a new backup or test bat I make.

This user has no status.
For cleaning, I use tap water(just droplets) then wipe with a rubber wiper(stiga).
For storing, use ZipLock! It is pretty effective! Say goodbye to dirt and also offers slower oxidation of whatever chemical there is to a rubber. hehe. Just make sure that after cleaning the rubbers, the bat is dry before you put it inside the ziplock to avoid moisture.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
MY closest friend at my old club would take my old sheets of Aurus and XP 2008, slap them on hiz Jun Mizutani and get another 6 months out of them just to save money on new rubbers. He wasn't going to play a full level higher with a new rubber so he didn't care, BTW he was one of the water/wipe/plastic protector throng too. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 3 reviews
WD-40 spray works like a charm [emoji16] [emoji16]
Just use it once a month and clean regularly with water and a cloth.
The wd 40 restores the grip a little.

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I never use anything other than distilled water.

This user has no status.
Thanks all for your opinions. I will clean it with bit water and put direct into the bag. In the training i will clean with my t shirt or hand. I hope that my rubber has good for a lot of time :). I hope more opinions ;)

DON'T touch your rubber with your shirt if it's sweaty. The grip on my Butterfly Tackiness Drive wore off one day after i accidentally (out of frustration or carelessness) layed the rubber against my shirt and shorts :(