What is your favourite brand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
I would also say STIGA, I have always love both their rubbers and blade, and they have really come up with some great stuff lately! Butterfly comes next on my list, they have some cool cloths but I have never really liked their blades thats why STIGA takes the first prize. Nice christmas present, Airoc M rocks!

Reactions: TableTennisNerd
This user has no status.
I would also say STIGA, I have always love both their rubbers and blade, and they have really come up with some great stuff lately! Butterfly comes next on my list, they have some cool cloths but I have never really liked their blades thats why STIGA takes the first prize. Nice christmas present, Airoc M rocks!
I like Butterfly and I think that Tenergy is great. But it's soooo overpriced. I mean seriously, 65 pounds for one rubber sheet and the only blades under 100 pounds just are not as good.

This user has no status.
Butterfly but just for the quality, as TTNerd said, their products are overpriced.
About blades, imo, Butterfly is the best. There's another excellent all wood blades, but in carbon blades Butterfly has a good adventge over the other brands.

The rubbers are a different thing, Tenergy is excellent but there's another good european rubbers. Also i cant compare a Tenergy (or that kind of rubber) to a chinese rubber, they're different.

This user has no status.
Butterfly but just for the quality, as TTNerd said, their products are overpriced.
About blades, imo, Butterfly is the best. There's another excellent all wood blades, but in carbon blades Butterfly has a good adventge over the other brands.

The rubbers are a different thing, Tenergy is excellent but there's another good european rubbers. Also i cant compare a Tenergy (or that kind of rubber) to a chinese rubber, they're different.
However, their carbon blades are also overpriced. But yes, they are very good

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
I had this cool Butterfly shirt back when I was still a cadet (late nineties)... Once it didn't fit any more, I gave it to my mom. Not sure, but I think she still wears it around the house sometimes. In fact, I don't think the colors even faded all that much. That kind of quality is usually reserved for premium sportswear brands like Lacoste or Fred Perry. Plus, let's face it, Tenergy 05 is the Rolls Royce of rubbers, so there's really no contest here. Butterfly FTW.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I used to like Stiga. I have changed my feelings on them. I think Stiga's low end all wood blades are really the best mass marketed blades, at least for the money. The problem I have with Stiga is quality control. You can get a few of the same blade and one might be very good and one may come with splinters and a funny cut, or a bad sheet of wood in one of the plies.

Also, I really am not a fan of a lot of their newer blades because I don't like that NCT or other substances that make the blade face hard.

Nittaku also has a few great all wood blades. Perhaps they are better than the Stiga blades but they are overpriced. Acoustic and Violin are quality blades but they cost more than they should.

Butterfly has a few high end blades that are awesome but they charge way too much. Also, their top of the line offensive rubber is enough better than everything else that many pros who are sponsored and supposed to play with something else still play with Tenergy. But, again, the price is not in line with the value of the product.

So, I am going to say my favorite table tennis company is OSP (Old Stiga Palatinus). The reason, it is a little company that makes hand made all wood blades that are high quality. I can understand paying 85 Euros for a handmade wood blade made by someone who really understands how to make a wood blade. At least you know you are paying for craftsmanship. Also, if you order a blade from them you can choose head size, they can give you a custom handle if you don't want one of the regular ones, you can get the handle adjusted to a forehand or a backhand orientation.

It seems like they are simply focused on making high quality, hand crafted, all wood blades. Also, they are trying to make blades the way Stiga used to when they really were the best. And for that old fashioned ethic, I am going to say I like OSP better than any other table tennis company I know of.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
I like Butterfly and I think that Tenergy is great. But it's soooo overpriced. I mean seriously, 65 pounds for one rubber sheet and the only blades under 100 pounds just are not as good.

Yeah Tenergy is a good rubber but for me the prize is just to much for what you get, in my experience they don't last that long either.

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Hmm, I'd say (though without testing all) that each and every brand has their valuable crystal products. And depending on playing style and budget some brands might seemingly be more preferable. I for my sakes, has gotten a better impression of the Donic bluefire Jp 3 (therefore Donic rubber) than of the Tenergy 80 (butterfly). Might be my lack of skills but I'm planing on swapping my tenergy 80 fh with jp 01-turbo.
I've had a bad experience with stiga pre mades, though I'm highly sure their Wooden blades are of one of the best kind. (Probs aside with Nittaku).
In terms of budget dhs Seems like the right brand, though they also have their expence quality juvels. If I were forced to pick one brand, I think I'd end up with Donic. With Yasaka On a good second.

On terms of clothes I've got to agree with mahomedy13! (Yasaka, then donic, regards to design).

Before speed glue ban, i used to play with a lot of Joola stuffs (all wood blades, samba, mambo), sometime Yasaka (MarkV 30°) or even tibhar (rapid soft). I was buying also alot of Andro materials but was quite disapointed.

Since the speed glue ban, yeah, i switched to composite blades and many use Butterfly stuffs. For rubbers, Tibhar are definitely doing great materials but still i'm thinking that i'll come back to tenergy. I also discovered a new brand, Xiom, there blades are amazing (just bought an Hayabuza Zxi, great blade), their rubbers are good also (vega serie, don't liek the Omega 4&5 btw), but not enough spin.

Currently using the TB-ALC, but have many tests to come since I spoke with my coach (from China, he trained 25 years in China, was one of the trainer of Kong Linghui, Wang Liqin...etc...). A picture of the tests to come : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/45/1415365169-comparo.jpg

He told me that TB-ALC + tenergy is great, rly great, but he won't recommend a heavy raquet to anyone training less than 3 hours per day, 6 days per week (only because of the wieght, the more you train, the more you can have a heavy bat, the more power you will gain, but since i train under 10 hours per week, he recommend me a light bat).

So he brought me from china : Hayabuza Zxi 79gr, Photino Light 70gr, JM zlc 82gr. All bat were tested by him between a lot of the same name (for example the photino light chosen after he played 20+ photino light for exemple, and he brought me the one which is playing "the best" according to his amazing touch).

Can't w8 to recieve the rubbers he recommend me to test all the blades he brought me (at a fair price !!!!! ).

So i'll try for the first time since 10+years, a light bat again. Believe in your coach guys :D

Before speed glue ban, i used to play with a lot of Joola stuffs (all wood blades, samba, mambo), sometime Yasaka (MarkV 30°) or even tibhar (rapid soft). I was buying also alot of Andro materials but was quite disapointed.

Since the speed glue ban, yeah, i switched to composite blades and many use Butterfly stuffs. For rubbers, Tibhar are definitely doing great materials but still i'm thinking that i'll come back to tenergy. I also discovered a new brand, Xiom, there blades are amazing (just bought an Hayabuza Zxi, great blade), their rubbers are good also (vega serie, don't liek the Omega 4&5 btw), but not enough spin.

Currently using the TB-ALC, but have many tests to come since I spoke with my coach (from China, he trained 25 years in China, was one of the trainer of Kong Linghui, Wang Liqin...etc...). A picture of the tests to come : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/45/1415365169-comparo.jpg

He told me that TB-ALC + tenergy is great, rly great, but he won't recommend a heavy raquet to anyone training less than 3 hours per day, 6 days per week (only because of the wieght, the more you train, the more you can have a heavy bat, the more power you will gain, but since i train under 10 hours per week, he recommend me a light bat).

So he brought me from china : Hayabuza Zxi 79gr, Photino Light 70gr, JM zlc 82gr. All bat were tested by him between a lot of the same name (for example the photino light chosen after he played 20+ photino light for exemple, and he brought me the one which is playing "the best" according to his amazing touch).

Can't w8 to recieve the rubbers he recommend me to test all the blades he brought me (at a fair price !!!!! ).

So i'll try for the first time since 10+years, a light bat again. Believe in your coach guys :D

What's his definition of a lightweight blade? Under 90g? :) But you're very lucky to have a coach who brings you good stuff from China. :D

A light bat is under 170gr and not head heavy, according to his standards. My "old" TB-alc+T05 2.1+T64 2.1 was about 198-190gr and head heavy.

He ordered me T64fx 1.7 + T64 fx 1.9. I'll test them on the 3 blades he selected and brought me (first on the photino, can't wait i'm just watching my photino light all day lon lol). And yeah, i'm very lucky to have this coach. There are more and more Chinese trainers and Chinese pro players in France, that is just great for the Table Tennis developpment. I'm sure that in 15 years, France will have an amazing generation of players thx to all these Chinese masters :D

According to his standards, anyone traning less than 3 hours a day, 6 days per week, shouldn't use hard sponge rubbers also, it will be counter-productive for anyone without heavy training. We are a semi pro club, we have some semi-pro players with heavy training and they are playing with hard sponges (Tenergies & Evolution MX-P mainly, but he chooses National H3 neo for one semi pro player) and blades with a weight above 90gr (around 92-93gr).

He changed the equipment of basically all the semi players of my club, sometime keeping the same blade but just bringing a new one selected by him (with the "good weight and vibrations" has he like to tell us :D). All the semi-pros are just realy happy and have improved basically immediately after the equipment changes.

For players with amazing touch and feeling, he commended them allwood blades (mostly stiga/yasaka/donic allwood blades), for the others he recommended composite blades (mostly butterfly, then Xiom but sometimes a Joola Rosskopf Emotion also).

So 95+% of the time he recommend a composite blade, as it is for myself :D