What is your favourite brand?

This user has no status.
it depends on the side and rubber vs. blade: for blades I like all wood blades so I will always go for the hardwood Stiga blades because of their special touch. On the forehand I need sticky rubbers and the best are being made by DHS. On the backhand I use a simple tensor rubber, I enjoy playing with Xiom and Butterfly, last one right now ;)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
Stiga and Butterfly. Also a special thought to Double Happiness(DHS) with which I started 25years ago :)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I used to like Stiga. I have changed my feelings on them. I think Stiga's low end all wood blades are really the best mass marketed blades, at least for the money. The problem I have with Stiga is quality control. You can get a few of the same blade and one might be very good and one may come with splinters and a funny cut, or a bad sheet of wood in one of the plies.

Also, I really am not a fan of a lot of their newer blades because I don't like that NCT or other substances that make the blade face hard.

Nittaku also has a few great all wood blades. Perhaps they are better than the Stiga blades but they are overpriced. Acoustic and Violin are quality blades but they cost more than they should.

Butterfly has a few high end blades that are awesome but they charge way too much. Also, their top of the line offensive rubber is enough better than everything else that many pros who are sponsored and supposed to play with something else still play with Tenergy. But, again, the price is not in line with the value of the product.

So, I am going to say my favorite table tennis company is OSP (Old Stiga Palatinus). The reason, it is a little company that makes hand made all wood blades that are high quality. I can understand paying 85 Euros for a handmade wood blade made by someone who really understands how to make a wood blade. At least you know you are paying for craftsmanship. Also, if you order a blade from them you can choose head size, they can give you a custom handle if you don't want one of the regular ones, you can get the handle adjusted to a forehand or a backhand orientation.

It seems like they are simply focused on making high quality, hand crafted, all wood blades. Also, they are trying to make blades the way Stiga used to when they really were the best. And for that old fashioned ethic, I am going to say I like OSP better than any other table tennis company I know of.

sir,do you still play with your clipper and zlf? is OSP your newest weapon? can you compare them as to performance (with same rubbers on each).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
i have only played with three brands as of the moment as to blades ...729 Friendship (still playing with it), Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon (Sold), Stiga Clipper classic (current)...i would say they suits my play style and nothing more except for the Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon which is way too powerful for me to handle...

as to rubbers, i have DHS (H3 commercial) and 729 Friendship Super FX on the Friendship blade, Butterfly (Tenergy 64) and Dawei 2008 XP on the Stiga blade....

i don't have a particular favorite among these brands as i mix and match them...they perform well to my liking and i would like to experiment more as i develop my skills...if i will take me to try every different TT brands as i step/level up then i would, it will be a great collection for me,lol..:)

what is important for me right now is developing my skills with my current set up, play and enjoy the game....:):):)

This user has no status.
Personally, I'd have to say my overall favourite would be Stiga. Their blades are amazing, and reasonably priced.

Butterfly's Tenergy range is great (but as everyone mentioned, overpriced). Tenergy revolutionised table tennis rubbers so I'd give it to them. Well made product.

For apparel, I do like Mizuno's jerseys and shorts, but they're a little pricey. I mean, they have a really unique design!

Shoes, hands down Mizuno. Nothing beats it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
sir,do you still play with your clipper and zlf? is OSP your newest weapon? can you compare them as to performance (with same rubbers on each).

I still have the Clipper. I still have the TB ZLF. I actually got this because I wanted something, soft, flexible, spinny, all wood and something in between the speed of my Stiga All-round Evolution and my TB ZLF. This feels very similar in many ways to the Allround Evolution. It is better balanced. It weighs more but feels like it weighs less. It has more wood feeling. In some ways it plays better than the Allround Evolution and in some ways it does not. It is not faster than the Allround Evolution. It may even be a bit slower. But you feel the wood so much and so well that it is okay with me. It is not exactly what I expected but I like it. When I want to use an Off speed blade again, I would go with either my TB ZLF or my Clipper. I would give the ZLF a slight edge because it is thinner and the weight balance is in the handle. But not much of an edge. This is for playing with a slower blade.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I still have the Clipper. I still have the TB ZLF. I actually got this because I wanted something, soft, flexible, spinny, all wood and something in between the speed of my Stiga All-round Evolution and my TB ZLF. This feels very similar in many ways to the Allround Evolution. It is better balanced. It weighs more but feels like it weighs less. It has more wood feeling. In some ways it plays better than the Allround Evolution and in some ways it does not. It is not faster than the Allround Evolution. It may even be a bit slower. But you feel the wood so much and so well that it is okay with me. It is not exactly what I expected but I like it. When I want to use an Off speed blade again, I would go with either my TB ZLF or my Clipper. I would give the ZLF a slight edge because it is thinner and the weight balance is in the handle. But not much of an edge. This is for playing with a slower blade.

Besides, having a handmade all wood blade that you can custom order (head size, weight etc) is pretty cool. So I like the brand OSP for what they are trying to do which is so different from everyone else.