TeXtreme® Technology by STIGA!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
TeXtreme® Technology by STIGA!

STIGA have just launched this video below, titled 'STIGA proudly presents TeXtreme® Technology!'

STIGA express, "It´s time to say goodbye to the old Carbon technologies. It’s time to welcome a patented, made in Sweden, Carbon Technology. It’s time to welcome TeXtreme® Technology!

Check out the video for yourself. We are intrigued to see what STIGA are launching!

This user has no status.
wow! what a commercial. curious to know more about this patented carbon. i thought the only special carbon that was for blades was in the bty blades. anyone who know the name of the blade?

Yes, bty has the best carbon blades but I think thats just because STIGA hasn't ventured in that category yet. My guess is that this Textreme thing will rock the microphone!

No clue about the name. Really hope that they don't use a player's name like Xu Xin Textreme or something. Getting very old with this "Zhang Jike" blade this and "timo boll" blade that. Very boring.

Reactions: TableTennisNerd
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Here are websites from the Swedish company that invented these new types of carbon materials (and who own the trademark for TeXtreme). Stiga is getting their carbon from these guys. Maybe someone who has material engineering background can translate a bit.

http://oxeon.se/technologies

http://www.textreme.com/technology

An interesting thing that I just read is that the technology they have for making carbon allows the layers to be very thin and light and it can be adapted with all kinds of materials, including (according to their website) Innegra[SUP]®[/SUP], Twaron[SUP]®[/SUP], Kevlar[SUP]®[/SUP], Dyneema[SUP]®[/SUP] or Zylon[SUP]®. [/SUP]That is pretty interesting since several of those are already in TT blades. Of course, if the rest of the blade design is terrible this won't help, so we will see what they come up with.

Last edited:
they have been developing this kind of carbon technology for 3 years as what i have been told. they will release it soon. me and dan will probably receive them by february. these carbon blades as what they are saying will be very fast and unlike any other blade in the market

This user has no status.
Yes, bty has the best carbon blades but I think thats just because STIGA hasn't ventured in that category yet. My guess is that this Textreme thing will rock the microphone!

No clue about the name. Really hope that they don't use a player's name like Xu Xin Textreme or something. Getting very old with this "Zhang Jike" blade this and "timo boll" blade that. Very boring.
And then when they make an updated version of it but still have to use the players name so eventually it becomes something like: Super Ultimate Xu Xin Textreme pro plus

This user has no status.
And then when they make an updated version of it but still have to use the players name so eventually it becomes something like: Super Ultimate Xu Xin Textreme pro plus

haha, yes exactly! Butterfly is embarrassing when it comes to names on their products! Like 10 different names with timo boll and Zhang Jike. cmon, give me a break!

Same thing with Donic blades. No fantasy what so ever. I guess thats why their brand is starting to disappear from the spotlight.