Wood Cpen blades FS: Stiga Rosewood V and Intensity NCT and DHS Hurricane Hao 1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
Hi everyone,

I have 3 Cpen wood blades for sale. I have actually never sold anything before (either on TTDaily or Ebay or anywhere actually) so please be patient with me if you have questions. I play both Cpen and shakehand, somewhere around 2000-2200 USATT level, started playing 3 years ago and play 2 winged looping style.

A couple of points for all 3 blades on sale:

1. The price I am asking for(rubbers included) is less than the selling price on the website Tabletennis11 for only the blade. I believe it's a very fair price for the 2nd hand blades but you have to bear in mind the postage cost. I live in Sydney, Australia and consequently the postage price is lowest if you are also from Australia (or New Zealand). I am not sure of the actual postage from Australia to other countries but I am happy to find out for you if you are interested in the blade. To the best of my knowledge usually the postage cost would be $10-20 USD for standard airmail from Australia to most countries though.

2. I have taken some pictures of the blades and they are all put together in the Winrar file attached, the pictures are of good resolution but are quite large in size, all the pictures together are roughly 40 Mb in size. If you have a better idea how I can present the pictures, like uploading it on a free server then please let me know. I am happy to learn from this process.

3. All blades have rubbers on both sides but all rubbers are used and I have indicated roughly how long they have been used for. I am happy to sell the blades on their own and you can PM me for price on blade only.

4. I don't have the original packaging boxes for these 3 blades but I can package the blades from Stiga blade boxes and also give you rubber protectors if needed.

5. I believe the best way to pay me would be via Paypal unless you are also from Australia and then direct bank transfer would also work well.

Any questions please let me know, the post below will be about the blades on sale! Happy playing!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
  1. Stiga Rosewood NCT V Cpen ($120 USD + postage)
Condition of blade: some minor dents on the side and scratch marks on the blade surfaces from sanding (both sides). This Stiga blade came with NCT coating and was sanded to make gluing rubbers easier. There is no effect on the playing condition of this blade. This blade was originally purchased from TTNPP internet shop online.
I would rate this as a solid off on Butterfly speed scale. It has medium-high arc and feels good for hitting and smashing and blocking close to the table. This is a relatively stiff blade with a hard feel when striking the ball (not much flex). I find this a little hard to control on quick hits/counterhits/topspins close to the table due to the inherent speed of this blade and it has a lower dwell time compared to the other Cpen I have on sale. It has a thicker handle than any other Cpen blades I have ever played with and fits better for those with bigger hands. Unfortunately I don’t know the exact weight of the blade but my best guess it would be around 83-85g. The overall weight with the rubbers is 176 gram. The wings have been sanded back for comfort.
I bought this blade about 1.5yrs and ago and played with it for 6 months (tried different rubber combinations) before changing to the Stiga Intensity NCT.
Rubbers:
FH: DHS Hurricane III Blue Sponge National Version, this rubber has been played with for about 3-4 months and has been boosted with 2 layers of Falco Tempo.
BH: Xiom Omega IV, this is a rubber taken from another Cpen blade and is smaller than blade surface. There are some spaces not quite covered on the side and there is a small gap at the bottom (see picture). It has been played for 1-2 months (around 20-30 hours of use)

1. Stiga Intensity NCT Cpen ($100 USD + postage)
Condition of blade: Minor dent on the BH surface at the very bottom (no effect on playing area) and like the Rosewood blade above was sanded to make gluing rubbers easier. This blade was originally purchased from Paddle Palace internet shop online.
I would rate this as somewhere around All+ to Off- on Butterfly speed scale. It has a medium-low arc and is definitely a looping blade. It has good dwell time and has a soft feel with considerable flex when looping. It has a good feel for the short game. This blade does not work so well for those who mainly like to hit and smash. I find that RPB techniques including block and hitting works better than traditional Cpen block which lacks speed with his blade in my opinion. I have a word file with the weight of the blade when I originally purchased it, the weight recorded is 80g but I have a feeling it might be a few grams lighter than that though I can’t be sure. The overall weight with the rubbers is 177 grams. The wings have been sanded back for comfort.
Rubbers
FH: Tenergy 05, used for 2-3 months and has 1 layer of Falco Tempo booster.
BH: Donic Bluefire M2, used for 1-2 months (20-30 hours of use) and has 1 layer of Falco Tempo booster.

1. DHS Hurricane Hao I ($50 USD + postage)
Condition of blade: I don’t have a weight for this blade but it would definitely be under 80 grams (likely around 65-70 grams if I had to guess). Overall weight now with rubbers is 166 grams. I bought this blade online from Ebay but I don’t quite recall who the seller was.
This was one of my very first penhold blades, I bought it after I stepped up from a factory pre-assembled DHS penhold blades. It is somewhere All to All+ on Butterfly speed scale in my estimation. It is what I would describe as a balanced blade designed more for looping than hitting and smashing. I remember that this blade has very noticeable vibrations when hitting and blocking (depending on your point of view that can be good or bad). It felt good particularly comfortable for developing RPB techniques (as are all the blades in the DHS Hurricane Hao series as it models Wang Hao’s play). For me at my current level now it clearly lacks power and speed but it was a very good wooden penhold blade to develop my techniques.
Rubbers
FH rubber: Yasaka Razka 7(with wide gap at bottom and some uncovered space on the side), probably used for around 20 playing hours
BH rubber (note rubber is partly damaged): This is quite an old DHS Tinarc III rubbers, a small area of the surface has been scratched and damaged but since it’s the RPB side it’s low down that it doesn’t affect playing area. I put a small red tape over the area which is where I rest my fingers for RPB techniques. The rubber was probably used for around 3-4 months would be my best guess. There is a wide gap at the bottom as well.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews

Attachments

• Stiga Rosewood V FH 1.jpg
    Stiga Rosewood V FH 1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 236
  • Stiga Intensity NCT FH 1.jpg
    Stiga Intensity NCT FH 1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 220