Where to get Nittaku Premium 40+ plastic balls in the US now ?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Right now, you can't get them anywhere. The Premiums are back-ordered, including Iruiru and japan-tt. If you want these to train for the US Nationals, you would be better off using a good ITTF-approved seamless ball like XSF than a Nittaku SHA because the bounce of the seamless is much more like the Premium 40+. Trust me on this. I have been using plastic balls almost exclusively for last 12 weeks and I have tried nearly every brand in existence, including some Nittaku Premiums I got from Iruiru in Japan a few weeks ago. When I tried to get more of those excellent balls, they told me they were back ordered, so I am again on their waiting list, also again for Iruiru because next time they become available I will buy a bunch. By the way, the Nittaku Premium Japan 40+ is by far the best plastic ball made (and the Nittaku SHA is one of the worst). There are many reasons why I have reached this conclusion, if anyone is interested I can elaborate. It is based now on a lot of experience, not just mine, but that of lots of other people at my club, including three former USA Men's National Team members.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Thanks Baal.
Right now, you can't get them anywhere. The Premiums are back-ordered, including Iruiru and japan-tt. If you want these to train for the US Nationals, you would be better off using a good ITTF-approved seamless ball like XSF than a Nittaku SHA because the bounce of the seamless is much more like the Premium 40+. Trust me on this. I have been using plastic balls almost exclusively for last 12 weeks and I have tried nearly every brand in existence, including some Nittaku Premiums I got from Iruiru in Japan a few weeks ago. When I tried to get more of those excellent balls, they told me they were back ordered, so I am again on their waiting list, also again for Iruiru because next time they become available I will buy a bunch. By the way, the Nittaku Premium Japan 40+ is by far the best plastic ball made (and the Nittaku SHA is one of the worst). There are many reasons why I have reached this conclusion, if anyone is interested I can elaborate. It is based now on a lot of experience, not just mine, but that of lots of other people at my club, including three former USA Men's National Team members.