Ask Aruna Quadri a question!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hi everyone,

Aruna Quadri is our latest addition to the Verified Pro Account and has signed up to the TableTennisDaily website and is willing to answer your questions! Aruna is a professional player who represented Nigeria at the London 2012 Olympics. His current world ranking stands at 73 on the ITTF World Ranking List (October 2014) however will soon improve after Aruna's incredible performances at the Men's World Cup where he reached the quarter final stages losing closely to China's Zhang Jike.

arunaquadri2014.jpg

Aruna Quadri celebrating victory against Tang Peng (2014 World Cup) - Photo by: ITTF

Aruna Quadri is registered to the site, any questions you would like to ask him, just fire away by posting below and he will do his best to get back to you as soon as possible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Wow, it's an honour to have you here. It was a treat to watch your performance during the World Cup :). I especially loved the point where Zhang Jike thought it was all over but you somehow managed to get the ball back on the table. Here are my questions:

1. What did your training consist of before the World Cup? You must have trained a lot to beat players ranked higher than you :)
2. Who is your favourite player?
3. How did you start playing table tennis?

Last edited:
Reactions: Donow
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Amazing to have you here Aruna! Like mentioned above, its an honour.
Aruna, what in your opinion, makes the Chinese players stronger than the europeans? did you find that they spin the ball more, have more consistency/power, did you find that ZJK hit better quality balls than the europeans you played (like Shibaev, Appolonia)?

Reactions: Donow
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
Wow, it's an honour to have you here. It was a treat to watch your performance during the World Cup :). I especially loved the point where Zhang Jike thought it was all over but you somehow managed to get the ball back on the table. Here are my questions:

1. What did your training consist of before the World Cup? You must have trained a lot to beat players ranked higher than you :)
2. Who is your favourite player?
3. How did you start playing table tennis?
I practiced 4 hours per day before the World Cup and I always do once in a week physical training ,I started playing when I was 7 years on the street and it was like a joke then because I never thought I could go this far and my favourite player so far is China's Ma long because of his unbelievable forehand apin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
WOW! another professional player joined :D... An honour to have your here Aruna...
Hmmm.. How would you describe your feelings for having a chance to be qualified in the Quarter Finals especially when you knew that you will be having a match with Zhang Jike? :)
it was a great feeling after I qualified for the quarter final against all expectations,I was on top of the world then and I seriously believed my best is yet to come.
playing against Zhang jike was a dream come true and it's going to be an everlasting moment in my career.

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
Amazing to have you here Aruna! Like mentioned above, its an honour.
Aruna, what in your opinion, makes the Chinese players stronger than the europeans? did you find that they spin the ball more, have more consistency/power, did you find that ZJK hit better quality balls than the europeans you played (like Shibaev, Appolonia)?
i think the Chinese started more early than almost everyone. In the world,some of them started at age 5 or7 and this makes them learn more faster.
they are most faster and they get things about opponent easily than anyone,I mean they get to know opponent mistakes than other players in the world.
their level of preparation Is of superb one and more attention is giving to table tennis in China when compared to other countries where football is the main sporting priority.
to my point of view,the Europeans are getting closer to them but these CHINESE are just unbelievable as they will never relent to improve,they keep working header day by day.

however,their rubbers are not easy to play as I think their rubbers is one of the weapons used against other players

Reactions: jedimasterplk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
great performance at düsseldorf ! you must have enjoyed the athmosphere and the support you received! hope you can keep it up!

I was always wondering why Nigeria is the only "black african" country that has some very good and talented players while there seems to be no real tabletennis scene in any other country in that area? Is there a scene in Nigeria or do those players go somewhere else at the early stages ?

And what do you exactly mean is the advantage with chinese rubbers in the previous post?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Read 2 reviews
Really nice to be able to ask questions to pro players!! A honour to have you here Aruna! My question is what your training looked like back in Nigeria, and how it's compared to train in other countries?

Reactions: Pavol2223
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
great performance at düsseldorf ! you must have enjoyed the athmosphere and the support you received! hope you can keep it up!

I was always wondering why Nigeria is the only "black african" country that has some very good and talented players while there seems to be no real tabletennis scene in any other country in that area? Is there a scene in Nigeria or do those players go somewhere else at the early stages ?

And what do you exactly mean is the advantage with chinese rubbers in the previous post?
Nigerians have great fighting spirit to learn things faster as a way of surviver to them and they are always believing in themeselves,unfortunately table tennis is not giving priority in nigeria yet we keep working harder to improve.
not every players in nigeria has a better place to practice in order to improve but they easily managed with the materials they have at hand and keep the struggle going.

in other countries in Africa like Ghana,they are also doing great to improve and we beleieve with time things will get better in Africa and produce more great players that can challenge the world.

concerning the rubbers using by the Chinese, their rubbers have almost double effect of the other rubbers like Joola,donic and so on and the spin on their rubber is more stronger than others rubbers brand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
it was a great feeling after I qualified for the quarter final against all expectations,I was on top of the world then and I seriously believed my best is yet to come.
playing against Zhang jike was a dream come true and it's going to be an everlasting moment in my career.

We also hope that your best is yet to come! It's great to see more players challenging and hopefully eventually winning against the Chinese :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
In nigeria,practicing was not that regular as players practice on their own years ago,but presently there are regularly practicing in nigeria conducted by coaches for former players like segun Toriola,micheal oyebode and others.and with this new development nigeria might return back to international scene with great talented players.

in Europe is more better to practice because you have upto date equipment to practice with all the time and moreover in Europe,there great players to practice with

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
Cool oppurtunity! 1. Which rubbers Do you use? 2. Why Do you serve mostly with No Spin?
I am playing with Joola rhyzym p rubbers and Joola roskorfp emotion blade
i serve mostly without spin as to be able to initiate attack as fast as possible but I serve with spin also depending on the opponent.
finally,my service depends mostly on which service that is giving me more winning points