Training videos - Tony's TT Academy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I went through an old folder in my computer and found some of my first coaching sessions that I recorded.
I posted them on Facebook before, but I think Facebook is not convinent to find old videos, so decided to start adding them to my youtube chanel.

Here is one of the videos with the Smith's - Cheyenne and Rogan.
As you can see, they started off doing some wierd thing - it is some South Africa pre training ritual (just joking lol), but then the rest is proper table tennis :)

I started coaching Cheyenne and Rogan from around July 2012.
Cheyenne made history at the SA Championships (Sep 2012) by knocking out U17/U21 2nd seed and SA high performance academy player and ended up securing 2nd place in U17 girls at the SA Championships (there was no U21 event) and by doing so, making the SA U21 and U17 national team.

She then lead Team SA U21 as captain to a bronze teams medal at the Africa Junior Champs (April 2013).

Rogan's result started to show this year - by defeating SA national U17 players.
He is maybe a tier behind them, but many times this year, he has surprised and caused some upset - by playing very good table tennis.

This video was from one of the earlier stages of training I had with them where 99% was focusing on footwork movement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rajah*