Re-Building the BEAST

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Soo...I opened up a cheapie Chinese blade to improve my handle removing skillz and found this. Hmm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
image.jpg

So I opened up a cheapie Chinese to improve my skillz and this happened... Whoops.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Yep, heat gun, putty knife, terrible initial glue job and deceptive angle. I kinda bent the handle bits as I was taking them off so it now no longer sits flush on the blade neck. Another whoops.

Duke Nuremberg just handed me back my old Kim Jung Hoon Beast Mod bat from loan. I picked it up for first time in a few months and defeated a upper 2000s low 2100 lp player. Worn out MP-X still brought the spin.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Duke Nuremberg? Hahaha

Low 2100...Daniel? Not an easy task!

Last edited:
Yep, heat gun, putty knife, terrible initial glue job and deceptive angle. I kinda bent the handle bits as I was taking them off so it now no longer sits flush on the blade neck. Another whoops.
Sand, glue, grip tape and you won't even notice. I don't with my Stiga Allround Carbon.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Duke Nuremberg? Hahaha

Low 2100...Daniel? Not an easy task!
Used the old kjh with worn rubbers, got by Nam in 5 and got by Ralf in 5. KJH blade is like Ole friend.

ON LPERS and thin sponge LPers... I plan a couple levels better vs them. My serve sets up good attack chances.

Used the old kjh with worn rubbers, got by Nam in 5 and got by Ralf in 5. KJH blade is like Ole friend.

ON LPERS and thin sponge LPers... I plan a couple levels better vs them. My serve sets up good attack chances.

I hadn't noticed.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I now use a heat gun and the 2-3 minutes you spend (rubbers removed please) waving gun (heat turned on please) back and forth near the handle (including the top) make it like a hot knife through butter getting the handle to come off.

This makes it also easy to put back n since there is no ripping of the wood.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Rebuilding the rubber beast with expert advise from Meister Der_Echte :

I had gotten myself a Long V with Hurricane 3 and Xiom Vega Pro IV on thanksgiving sales from paddle palace on 2015 november, the nice box with the paddle has been seating in my Cabinet like a showpiece. I had tried my hand on it a couple of times and decided to give up , this was before I got myself and Hurricane 8 . Finally I have decided that the date and time has come to boost the hurricane with some Falco Tempo Long and unleash on my poor club members.

The process has started tonight with some expert advise advise from Der_Echte.

First Step : Put a coat on to remove the Glue. Epic fail , but salvaged using the epithelial tissue from my right thumb. The glue is off !

Second Step : Put a coat of booster on the sponge and wait ...

Will keep posted how it goes ...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
First Step : Put a coat on to remove the Glue.

Wait....I don't get it. Why did you need to wear a coat to take the glue off? [emoji2]

Something to protect your thumb would have made more sense. Unless it is colder than I thought in San Fran in the summer. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited: