Recruiting testers for launch of Tibhar new blade, ACTIUM.

This user has no status.
I think people are just after freebies. Some may even lie to achieve this....

Guys, seriously, this is a "product review".
If you are not a tester or can become one, then you may create a very negative image and create problems for the future. ie such oppurtunities will never happen ever again. You basically just need one bad apple and thats it.

I have seen how some young kids, who lack table tennis skills (and obviously business/marketing skills) and understanding of table tennis, but then they hide behind a computer and act like they are a coach or a top level player. This happens all the time and isn't just limited to kids.

Maybe TTD should incorporate the Verified Pro program with legitimate "testers", so can provide some some quality control and assurance to companies like Nexy who is willing to "invest" (throw away money) for the sake of promotion and have a chance of a better ROI.
Same time this limits out scammers or people who have other intentions.

Just my opnion and no hard feelings to any one

attachment.php

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 227
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
I think people are just after freebies. Some may even lie to achieve this....

Guys, seriously, this is a "product review".
If you are not a tester or can become one, then you may create a very negative image and create problems for the future. ie such oppurtunities will never happen ever again. You basically just need one bad apple and thats it.

I have seen how some young kids, who lack table tennis skills (and obviously business/marketing skills) and understanding of table tennis, but then they hide behind a computer and act like they are a coach or a top level player. This happens all the time and isn't just limited to kids.

Maybe TTD should incorporate the Verified Pro program with legitimate "testers", so can provide some some quality control and assurance to companies like Nexy who is willing to "invest" (throw away money) for the sake of promotion and have a chance of a better ROI.
Same time this limits out scammers or people who have other intentions.

Just my opnion and no hard feelings to any one
Verywell said Tony +1

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have done a lot of cooperation with Nexy over the last few years (the outfit is TAK9.com in Korea) (Ping Pong dot Com translation)

Sometimes President Moon (or General Manager Lee) has asked me to identify TT forum members who could be able to do a thorough test and a comprehensive fair and coherent review on other forums, like MyTT.

Of course, since it is a marketing launch, you just don't select inexperienced players who do not post often, do not have a reputation on the TT forum(s), and are not respected.

If it wasn't a totally random choose a number kind of thing like we did a few times, I would look for posters with at least a decent post count or at least a well known player with a small post count but increasing, someone who is listened to on the forum, someone who is a good player capable of putting the blade through most common situations and an ability to clearly explain it.

Another key thing is to choose these testers from a variety of different countries since it is an international marketing effort. Being a coach would be a plus, but not a requirement. Being a high level player would be a plus, but many lower rated players have a good reputation on forums and are capable at their level of articulating their observations, so they were not immediately ruled out.

Having a low post count and not knowing who the forum member is... well that usually put the forum member down low on the list.

With enough time, we who are active, multi-forum posters (Tony posts on several forums too) know each other well enough and have a decent amount of judgment of who fits the bill.

Sometimes, I would choose on purpose someone who was not a top player, but wrote well and was enthusiastic, who was respected enough on the forum to have an impact and get people to listen to a little different perspective. Some of these turned out to be excellent for Nexy, some never even wrote reviews.

Nexy Manager Lee gets the task of sorting out the bullcrap and pealing the onion to get to the good stuff. Sometimes the ones he puts lower on the list are obvious to be placed there, sometimes the choices are difficult and not every well qualified forum member will get selected. Sometimes I give Nexy a name or two who are obvious top of the list people who would suit their intentions well, even if they are not a forum member. (Like when I recommended Martin Spin from Europe who is a pretty prominent advocate of defensive playing style and always promoting defense) (or when I recommended to President Moon on another forum a top defensive players living in USA who is a top defender and poster on TT forums)

However it turns out, manager Lee doesn't have an easy task and he is wise enough to know the ways of TT forumers like Tony is pointing out.

I am every bit as Tony appalled at forum members who are like he describes. The one selecting testers weeds them out and selects obvious ones to test, even if it looks like they favor some players every test marketing phase. To be real, if you owned a company and had to select testers, you would like to have several reliable testers who are respected, as long as they keep staying respected on the forums.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Der_Echte,

Glad you are invovled with Nexy. Your experience in forums is far longer than me, so i'm sure with your aid, Nexy can filter out the ones who just want a free ride.

Regarding posts and forum reputation.
On paper, it may all look good, but we both have experience this (over many forums) of fake accounts (duplicate accounts) and making the "master" account looking famous. We have mostly seen fraudster sellers, but seriously, there have been many dodgy accounts of late (lots of useless posts), lots of TTD "likes" from the same usernames (even when the post is useless etc)

I have even seen some people planning way ahead of time, ie reg few account few years ago, and use it now - so they have "joined" date to they advertage.

On paper it is 3 things - join date, number of post/quality of post and in TTD case "likes". All 3 can be faked.

Imo, the forum is still full of good people, but there are a lot of dodgy and tricky things happening.
Maybe the TTD giveaway is causing that (for me to win, let me enter 20 times by making 20 accounts etc :p )

But yeah, Nexy is doing something so nice (not this just forum).
I really with Nexy gets its worth, so it becomes a good win-win

I really thought of applying, but I still don't think I am a good enough tester/reviwer.
Let me stick to equpment selling/recommendation and coaching, that is something i'm more confident with

Reactions: mahomedy13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Der_Echte,

Glad you are invovled with Nexy. Your experience in forums is far longer than me, so i'm sure with your aid, Nexy can filter out the ones who just want a free ride.

On paper, it may all look good, but we both have experience this (over many forums) of fake accounts (duplicate accounts) and making the "master" account looking famous. We have mostly seen fraudster sellers, but seriously, there have been many dodgy accounts of late (lots of useless posts), lots of TTD "likes" from the same usernames (even when the post is useless etc)

I have even seen some people planning way ahead of time, ie reg few account few years ago, and use it now - so they have "joined" date to they advertage.

On paper it is 3 things - join date, number of post/quality of post and in TTD case "likes". All 3 can be faked.

Imo, the forum is still full of good people, but there are a lot of dodgy and tricky things happening.
Maybe the TTD giveaway is causing that (for me to win, let me enter 20 times by making 20 accounts etc :p )

But yeah, Nexy is doing something so nice (not this just forum).
I really with Nexy gets its worth, so it becomes a good win-win

I really thought of applying, but I still don't think I am a good enough tester/reviwer.
Let me stick to equpment selling/recommendation and coaching, that is something i'm more confident with

With you saying you are not a competent tester,even though you have so much experience,you put me to shame.
I wish that i had that humbleness.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Der_Echte,

Hey Tony, the ones who are do not often post things of value over time are pretty obvious to anyone paying attention to the forums. Manager Lee from Nexy isn't blind, he reads forums, but mostly MyTT and he has judgment. I am not the only person he is in contact with, so he has others who can help him out too. I am different in that I am the one who can say it to him in his own language, but manager Lee doesn't need that, his English is perfectly functional on a professional level. President Moon is a Pastor in a HUGE Korean church to an English speaking crowd there, so his English is also very "Good to Go" as well, even more so.

Even Der_Echte who is credited with sufficient amounts of awareness and judgment from being on TT forums for a number of years, doesn't know every single poster and their value, that is why it is important to go at things from a few angles to net a better result.

As for Tony not being "good" enough to test equipment, I think here Nexy is looking for modern defenders or OX LPers who benefit from a two speed blade to make a review. You are an attacking C-Pen player, so maybe Nexy wants in this specific case a player who is a defender. You are certainly competent enough to test and review blades to see if they stack up to how you play. Even Der_Echte who would want this blade to tryout as a two speed blade for attack and soft BH defense could find it a good try.

Right here and now might not be the best place to get too deep into what I led this thread away and that is my fault.

Manager Lee promised me a Kanaph since Sep and once all the madness of Korean Thanksgiving got done, he sent me a Kanaph (that I am trying to use as main blade, but I can only play at a rec center with rec players) and he also sent me an Actium, which I passed on right away to a high level modern defender who could use this blade for its intended purpose and make a sound review.

I personally have nothing against a younger newer player to the sport who has enthusiasm, but not yet a comprehensive understanding of TT and a decent amature level yet. We were all at a certain lower stage when we all started, so that is natural. We were all very eager to start our TT adventures and make our way in the TT world. Some of us had great TT situations, and some of us had terrible ones (like me, until I could get to Korea for 4 years). I hold nothing against a forum member who can not post a lot of technically insightful stuff, but who basically supports other forum members by encouraging them and being nice. I started out at that stage and I know firsthand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
As for Tony not being "good" enough to test equipment, I think here Nexy is looking for modern defenders or OX LPers who benefit from a two speed blade to make a review. You are an attacking C-Pen player, so maybe Nexy wants in this specific case a player who is a defender. You are certainly competent enough to test and review blades to see if they stack up to how you play. Even Der_Echte who would want this blade to tryout as a two speed blade for attack and soft BH defense could find it a good try.

Right here and now might not be the best place to get too deep into what I led this thread away and that is my fault.

Manager Lee promised me a Kanaph since Sep and once all the madness of Korean Thanksgiving got done, he sent me a Kanaph (that I am trying to use as main blade, but I can only play at a rec center with rec players) and he also sent me an Actium, which I passed on right away to a high level modern defender who could use this blade for its intended purpose and make a sound review.

You make a very good point. Giving an attacking C-Pen player a defensive blade, asking them to review it, and expecting this to be your best resource would be foolish. Blades are so different that that it would be like giving a race car driver a motorcycle and expecting everything to translate. Aspects would be similar, but it is a very different sport.

That being said, I feel that in posting a query of this sort, there are two options for the tester selection. First. Individuals who have proven themselves as a reliable reviewer across many varieties of blades and are widely trusted in the forms. Second. Individuals who are up and coming in the table tennis world and have styles of play well-suited to the blade to be tested.

As mentioned above, Nexy and others who make posts of this kind have experience and know what they are looking for in their testers. Even if a poor tester were to be selected, their review would likely be equally poor, and would simply be disregarded in the forms (if it is even ever released there). I am not too worried about a poor selection ruining complete brand image as alluded to previously.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
[FONT=&#47569]Many thanks for joining this recruitmentand your support![/FONT]

[FONT=&#47569]We have decided to choose the below name ofmembers for the test.[/FONT]

[FONT=&#47569]This is the final list of testers[/FONT]

• Mahomedy13
  • [FONT=&#47569]Rajd1234[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&#47569]Ownage Table Tennis[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&#47569]Megazz[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&#47569]Kevinkorb
    [/FONT]

Please leave your email addressthrough my private email, [email protected]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
rubbers that i will be using for the review arrived today.will be uploading pictures soon.

Just a quick question for the selected reviewers, I have got now a setup in mind to test on the Actium blade, FH: tenergy 64 1.9mm and BH: TSP curl 1R 1-1.3mm sponge LP and also an old sheet of Tibhar Grass D Tech (Ox) from a friend that I am planning to try with the Actium. Wondering what you guys have in mind?

Maybe it would be good if possible for us reviewers to try different LPs for this setup? By the way I have written to Nexy's email but haven't received a reply yet, maybe not everyone has contacted him yet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
I was plannig to go for Grass D TecS but looks like MegaZZ is already doing that. So i would like to go with Friendship RITC OX and Yasaka Phantom 0012 on bh.
On fh i would go with Genius/ Aurus/ Mark V.

...Rajd...

I only have the Ox Grass D Tecs so feel free to go for the ones with sponges. I only started trying out defense style recently so this will be quite interesting as I will need to learn new skills as well as review the blade. I have only one new sheet of TSP Curl R1 and old Ox Grass D Tecs for long pimples, I have a lot more choices for the FH inverted rubber :)

Hope you guys have fun at it!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20112014(009).jpg
    20112014(009).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 20112014(004).jpg
    20112014(004).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 20112014(011).jpg
    20112014(011).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 189
  • 20112014(010).jpg
    20112014(010).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 20112014(008).jpg
    20112014(008).jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 231
  • 20112014(005).jpg
    20112014(005).jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 20112014(006).jpg
    20112014(006).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 20112014(007).jpg
    20112014(007).jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 183
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Inspirit is not-tacky super duper thick topsheet. You hit the table with it and it wont rip, it might rip the table. Heavy as a hammer. With a very solid fast bat impact, you get a ton of spin and good control. Firmer sponge makes loopdriving a profit as well as flat hits.

Reactions: mahomedy13