TableTennisDaily meet STIGA Sweden 2014!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Last edited:
Reactions: mahomedy13
says Aging is a killer
It's not true. Players and fans are not silly.

yeah, so true
Well, they can go to Stiga's website and see that FZD uses a Stiga blade with Stiga rubber on the back hand.
also in the Stiga Photo Shoot, you can clearly see he uses Stiga blade with 2 Stiga rubbers - that must be true - so guys, go and copy that hehehe

Amateur players in any sport buy what the pros promote for all kinds of reasons. There are tons of marketing books and internet material out there that explains why buyers buy stuff promoted by whomever.

edit: I was really referring to the post that Tony quoted. I don't know why it doesn't show up here.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
There is a DHS penhold blade for Xu Xin, I have seen it but it's not commercially available. He also doesn't play with it at all so...

XX did use a DHS custom blade back in his early years before Stiga. But I see no commercial DHS blade carrying his name.

It is common for DHS to release blades under many pro players name following the same structure but rarely actually used by them. Yan An still use Butterfly in the current Swedish Open.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
This user has no status.
Do we ?

I don't mind either way, but I don't think I have seen conclusive evidence of that.

Sorry I asked.

It was a genuine question, and I missed the previous thread on this.

Personally, if Tony's (trusted) friend has seen the Viscaria markings on FZD's blade, and considering his reputation so far on the various TT forums (impeccable), I believe what Tony says.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Sorry I asked.

Personally, if Tony's (trusted) friend has seen the Viscaria markings on FZD's blade, and considering his reputation so far on the various TT forums (impeccable), I believe what Tony says.

I was also like that at a stage,but people like Tony have a lot of friends within the CNT vicinity,and they were able to give the exact blade he uses.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Amateur players in any sport buy what the pros promote for all kinds of reasons. There are tons of marketing books and internet material out there that explains why buyers buy stuff promoted by whomever.

edit: I was really referring to the post that Tony quoted. I don't know why it doesn't show up here.

Yeah, that is why I see people thinking the Boll and Waldner pre made bats are the best and then wonder why "DIY" bats are so pricy :p
I some times wonder what is the clear direction of what these table tennis companies want to do.
Making money is obviously number 1 priority, but to trick people is really a thin line between ethical and unethical (FZD blade can be debated but 100% accurate that he doesn't use any Stiga rubber, but Stiga states he uses Calibra Tour M).
Of course 99% of the marketing world nowadays are like that, and most people just accept it or are fine with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Sorry I asked.

No worries.
Maybe I was a bit harsh earlier on (was on my way out and had no time to type)

Basically there are some "known" secrets, but it can not be too obvious - for the sake of contractual and legal matters.
ie - do you think FZD will advertise that he is not using Stiga blade?
Do you think all these can lead to consumer protection act law against Stiga for marketing fraud?

But you just get some people who want clear evidance - for what, i'm not sure, as it doesn't matter to me what FZD uses, I dont care, but the only thing I care is with the lying part. Why lie? easy - for the sake of making more money.

I really don't understand why Stiga doesn't make a Viscaria clone, and the problem is sorted.

Btw, this handle trick has been around for a long time already.
As I said above - blade can be debatable, but clearly rubbers can be easily seen as non stiga branded.

Any ways, enough of me against Stiga in this thread. They are a great brand with great products. I just don't understand why the stars don't use Stiga equipment or why they choose to mislead people in thinking they do.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan, popped in my mind, if you can and get time, ask them about this..
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...in-table-tennis-(World-cup-Grand-Slams-Opens)

Ask them, stiga guys, ask players, what do they think about it? What would they change?
The CNT didnt go to many pro tours this years, why?

Hey Michal, I missed this question sorry. You are right sure is interesting and I will try to in the near future :)

Just saw the trailer for the upcoming review with Xu Xin and Fan Zhendong! Man, that trip really seems to be worth the while! My favorite player is Fan Zhendong!

Glad you like it @rocketscientist Yeah the trip was amazing! Fan Zhendong is such a cool guy, very humble!