Vinqui Pendant Prize Draw

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The latest TableTennisDaily competition thanks to Vinqui.

The prize is a very nice Victory Vinqui Pendant. In my dodgy mugshot below you can see an example of the pendant, http://www.vinqui.com/table-tennis-victory-pendant.html

The Victory Pendant features the Chinese character for the word ‘Victory’ on a table tennis bat. The table tennis bat is solid 925 silver and has three diamonds set in the handle. The raised 925 silver Chinese ‘Victory’ character is set on black onyx.

mevinquipendent.jpg

To win this pendant, comment on a particular win that is important to you (this is not necessarily your best win) and why?

You must also
• be a ‘fan’ of the VQ Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/vinqui)
• be a member of the TableTennisDaily Forum
• and only a entrant’s first answer will be accepted

Prizes
• Prize for the best answer is a VQ Victory Pendant (http://www.vinqui.com/table-tennis-victory-pendant.html)
table-tennis-victory-small_1_.jpg

• A single runner-up prize of a VQ (Red or Black) Table Tennis Bat Pendant (http://www.vinqui.com/table-tennis-bat-pendant.html) will be awarded to the next best answer
table-tennis-bat-small_1__12_1.jpg

Deadline
• Deadline for entries is June 30th 2011 23:59:59 GMT
• Winners will be decided by July 3rd 2011 00:00:00 GMT
• Winners will be announced morning of July 4th 2011 on the TableTennisDaily Forum and Vinqui Facebook Page

Winner Selection:
• Tristran Swan of Vinqui (VQ) and Dan Ives of TableTennisDaily will determine the best answer
• Tristran Swan of Vinqui (VQ) and Dan Ives of TableTennisDaily will determine the runner-up answer

Terms and Conditions
• This competition is subject to Vinqui Ltd’s website privacy policy and website terms and conditions.
• By entering the competition, you agree to the competition criteria, deadline and winner selection.
• Vinqui Ltd and TableTennisDaily reserve the right to verify the eligibility of any entrant.
• By taking part in the competition, you warrant that all information submitted is true and not plagiarized.
• All answers are the property of Vinqui Ltd. By entering the competition, you thereby assign the complete copyright of your answer (and all other rights) to Vinqui Ltd.
• Vinqui Ltd and TableTennisDaily reserve the right to disqualify your entry if it is incomplete or there are reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached any of the rules.
• Prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
• Vinqui Ltd will pay for standard delivery of the prize(s) to an address supplied by the winner(s). All other taxes, insurance, transfers and other expenses resulting from the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
• Prizes will be withdrawn if not claimed within 30 days of announcement.
• Prizes will take approximately 15 working days to arrive from the time the prize is accepted and delivery address given.
• Vinqui Ltd and TableTennisDaily reserve the right to alter, amend or close the competition as necessary.
• In the case of any disputes regarding these rules, the decision of Vinqui Ltd and TableTennisDaily will be final and binding.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey guys, my best achievement was when I played for Wales in Juniors at the Schools Team and Individuals up in Scotland. It was my best achievement as it was my first time playing for Wales and it was my first year of playing table tennis this meant a lot to me and gave me a good incentive to work hard in the sport and know that I can achieve more in life!

P.s really liking the pendants there awesome!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
My best win was at the U.S. Olympic Festival in 1990 when after battling in blistering temperatures for almost 15 hours I made to the finals of Women's Doubles with Li Ai. After a lengthy finals match and holding all those emotions is for so long, we finally won!!! It was midnight and there were reporters and photographers asking for our time. I excused myself for a moment to use the restroom before I could sit down with them. On my way to the restroom I saw an open door leading outside and bolted out the exit and dashed into a thick wooded area on the University Campus. When it was as quiet as possible I let out some kind of Tarzan yell that echoed for miles!! It was the most glorious feeling of triumph!!! - PingpongKimi

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
My best win/wins have been winning the championship games for my university table tennis intramurals haha. I have 3 UNC Intramural championship shirts, and one W&M intramural championship shirt. They were my favorite wins not so much because the competition that I was facing was higher than my norm, but because I participated in them with a group of friends who I played with all the time, and eventually had to face them and survive and move on to the championships and win. So it was both nice to get the intramural shirt, which at UNC is really sought after, and also to get bragging rights among my friends since they all participated in the tournament also.

As a side note, the jewelry on the Vinqui site look pretty cool. Since I have to wear business attire often, I just might have to buy those cuff links in the future.

The two paddles with the heart that fit together, might just be the nerdiest (in a good way) romantic thing I have ever seen.... hahaha Now I just need to find a girl who not only is good at table tennis, BUT IS ALSO hot....

How come on the site it doesn't have the particular one that shows up in the video of the gold dragon, that one looks really cool

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
My best win...
When I was 11 the top player in the under 13 boys was Binbin Zhu (in NZ) by the time he was in under 15s he was still number 1, then 17s (by this point he was top 15 in the mens), 19s, 18s (age category change) and under 21s. After that he was ranked in the top 5 in NZ every year for 3-4 years and in 2010 went to the World Team Champs. Where I came from table tennis wasn't good, I couldn't train with anyone, I just tried my best to pick up skills and get wins. I moved to a new city for university and started training 5 times a week. I never imagined in my wildest dreams I would ever beat Binbin, but at the 2010 Auckland Anzac Open Champs I played him and played some of the best tactical table tennis I have ever played and won the match 3-0, it was amazing :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
My Best Win:
My best win would probably when I was first getting pretty serious in Table Tennis and I played this guy who was 53 years old and very good. He would beat me constantly every Sunday after YouthGroup...until one time I tried my hardest and was diving for shots and making great backhand smashes to achieve my first victory against him. I still have never played as hard as I did that one time. I gave it my all.

Pendant = Awesome!
Once again thanks for giving prizes away Dan!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
How come on the site it doesn't have the particular one that shows up in the video of the gold dragon, that one looks really cool

Only 3 of these pendants were made and sold at the World Table Tennis Championships in Rotterdam. We might make some more and make them available on the website. The bat of the finished pendant was 18k gold.

says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
Oct 2010
i just want to say thanks for giving prizes away Dan! :)

my best achievement was when i am under 16, and i get better until now ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
At the end of the season the men in our club play a tournament for men club members. Actually I was too young for this tournament because only players over 18 can play there but exceptionally I could compete in this tournament.I was only allowed to play because there was an uneven number of players.
We made up teams of two and 5 rounds were played. I have some luck of the draw but my partner was at first not happy with this draw. He never believed to win this tournament with me .... so much pressure on me ....
But I played at this day abnormal good. I won against every player except one, the best player in our club but I forced him in the final set.
I was the youngest player who ever compete in the tournament and ofc the youngest who won this tournament. This gave me so much motivation to work up to date on my skills :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
At the end of the season the men in our club play a tournament for men club members. Actually I was too young for this tournament because only players over 18 can play there but exceptionally I could compete in this tournament.I was only allowed to play because there was an uneven number of players.
We made up teams of two and 5 rounds were played. I have some luck of the draw but my partner was at first not happy with this draw. He never believed to win this tournament with me .... so much pressure on me ....
But I played at this day abnormal good. I won against every player except one, the best player in our club but I forced him in the final set.
I was the youngest player who ever compete in the tournament and ofc the youngest who won this tournament. This gave me so much motivation to work up to date on my skills :)

My best win..
my best win is when i defeated my rival in a singles match. He was better than me 10x back in the days hahhaha,
but still i did this by losing and losing and losing all over again :)

This user has no status.
MY BEST WIN
My best win was when I am starting with table tennis three years ago...Now J have 15 years.It was the first match,J have won in career . Wnen we were leading 9:8 on matches J have played very importent 10th point.It was 2:2 on the sets and J won decisive set 11:0 :eek: . Our team won 10:8 on matches.It was the first match in my career :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
My best win was when I was a First year High School student and I got to represent my school in inter-school competition in table tennis. Also our school is not known to its table tennis players.
So at the district inter-school tournament everyone was shocked when I have beaten their best players and give my school the District championship trophy. I'm not that bragging but because of my wins our school is now known at our City District in table tennis.
By the way a like the pendants and their very cool..!! I wish I can win that. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I dont have a major win / victory other than one school team competition a few months ago to date (my first competition play and of course I still long to win the next competitions )..
For me, my best win is my best losses. Please note that the best losses means it doesnt include all of my losses but a few, particular loss which taught me something.
Its been a few time 'bad-TT-day' happened to me. Its a condition where I play much much worse than I normally play, simply everything is messed up and I lose to players playing at much lower level than I am.
I learn not to scold or blame sth/sb when a bad-TT-day happens since I have the mindset that I could turn it into my best win. I learn to analyze my mistakes and weaknesses since that is the perfect moment it surfaces. Even if I couldnt figure it out at the moment, I believe my sub-concious mind has captured sth, then usually, the next day I play in a whole new level.
Sometimes a major win (competition) could have a bad impact if you have the wrong mentality of not correcting yourself since you feel that you are the champion.
In the contrary, a major win (my so called bad-TT-day) anticipated with the right mentality could outcome a real (competition) major win or at least a level-up in your TT skill.

So, my best win is not my school competition, yet my bad-TT-day on May 19th 2011.
Since that day, I realized that I couldnt play well if I got TENSE. So the next day I tried to play relaxed (the way I do things naturally) and I invent my new grip, I call it the Systema grip.
I hold the bat like a normal shakehand with all fingers on the handle (incl. the index finger to maximize my wrist flexibility) adequately firm but not too stressed while completely loosen my wrist.
The higher the ball, the more stiff my wrist will be. This is the ratio of my loop-hit.
With this new invented Systema grip from my best win (a.k.a bad-TT-day 19-05-2011), I could do these things I hardly execute before :
- Loop with extreme spin even from a hard position accurately and consistently
- Smash with extreme speed accurately and consistently
- Chop with a very low trajectory over the net and extreme reversal accurately and consistently
- Hit with long pimple consistently
- 'Eat' the spin (because the loosenes of my wrist lessen the impact of the spin on the ball)
- Twice-bounce drop shot (thx to the looseness of my wrist again)
- Short push (thx to my flexible wrist once more)

As you can see, one bad-TT-day turned out to be a major increase in my TT playing level. All because of the right mentality.
With this sudden leap of my TT playing skill, Im confident enough for the next competition and probably I could win the competition (still need the open mentality to be corrected though).

What I am trying to say here a.k.a my conclusion is that :
1. All of my best win is my important win :D It should be.
2. Winning a competition is just a result. The real victory is how you win in your training, and no, its not only winning over your opponent but more importantly yourself. This is the difference between a victor and a loser (mentality).
3. My best win to date is my worst table tennis performance in 19th May 2011.

I think thats my answer to this thread.
I hope I could win the pendant ;) but more importantly, I could open the mind of my table tennis folks here.
Thank you.

Yosua

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
My BEST win

Hey guys! My best win was back in 2010 when I've beat MEDJUGORAC Marko of Quebec for the Canadian Junior National Championship tournament for the U-18 boys category. We were in the 5th and final game. I was 6-10 down and I've caught up to 10-10. It was then my serve. I served a short top spin, attacked, and got the point. As a defender I believe that took a lot of courage to do that. The next rally was a long one (around 20 rallies or so). I sticked to my forehand and backhand chopping. When the opportunity finally came, which was when the ball was high, I counter looped and got the match point. It was truely an emotional time for me.

Love the Pendants!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Hey guys! My best win was back in 2010 when I've beat MEDJUGORAC Marko of Quebec for the Canadian Junior National Championship tournament for the U-18 boys category. We were in the 5th and final game. I was 6-10 down and I've caught up to 10-10. It was then my serve. I served a short top spin, attacked, and got the point. As a defender I believe that took a lot of courage to do that. The next rally was a long one (around 20 rallies or so). I sticked to my forehand and backhand chopping. When the opportunity finally came, which was when the ball was high, I counter looped and got the match point. It was truely an emotional time for me.

Love the Pendants!

Hi, Zezemint !
Good to see another great defender here !
Might learn a thing or two from you :D
Great first post and welcome !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Remember guys, it doesn't have to be your best win, but the win that means the most to you and why.

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Only 3 of these pendants were made and sold at the World Table Tennis Championships in Rotterdam. We might make some more and make them available on the website. The bat of the finished pendant was 18k gold.

Only 3?! wow. I saw it too and would probably be keen to buy one I just got given a black one with the gold ball on it for my 21st (I actually requested it :p hate surprises) and love it such a great product for athletes :) But yea after I saw the dragon one I was thinking damn was my 21st at a bad time :D but only 3 were sold thats incredible. Were they sold to known table tennis players?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Only 3?! wow. I saw it too and would probably be keen to buy one I just got given a black one with the gold ball on it for my 21st (I actually requested it :p hate surprises) and love it such a great product for athletes :) But yea after I saw the dragon one I was thinking damn was my 21st at a bad time :D but only 3 were sold thats incredible. Were they sold to known table tennis players?

They are 850 quid Matt :D I want one to :p