Angry Kid Pushes Umpire Off His Chair!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
New viral video is circulating around the internet of a table tennis player pushing an umpire off his chair. The video has now reached over a quarter of a million views.

This footage is from a tournament in Russia between Vladislav Starodumov and Dimitry Melnichenko in the cadet singles final.

Check it out!

This user has no status.
Zhang Jike is Gandhi compared to this kid :cool:.
Now seriously, terrible sportsmanship. I don't know what had happened before in that match, but it's very difficult to find an explanation to that behaviour, of course he deverves a serious punishment for that, but the real responsables for this are his parents.
Also a bad reaction by the umpire, a pity, he shouln'd have done that, now i imagine there will be a sanction for him too.

Last edited:
Reactions: TableTennisNerd
says I'm wondering if Joola maxxx 500 fh and calibra tour m...
says I'm wondering if Joola maxxx 500 fh and calibra tour m...
Jan 2014
Ok, this is really making me angry. I just don't understand what the umpire had to do with anything. If he would've had to push someone, it would have been more logical to push the opponent....
It's really messed up.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
More like lack of parential education

I wonder if anyone knows if this kid got punish from the TT federation or what
This kid should get a USD45000 fine too

Yeah but that kid doesnt have a contract with Butterfly. He didnt star in a coca cola commercial either haha:p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
You do know some parents supports such actions

I have worked as a chess coach on an international level for cadet events and played them many times myself when I was a kid, I have to say I have seen some pretty disgusting behaviours from parents (overwhelmingly it's the parents who do these things) and the occasional kid but not to this extent...I wonder if the lady he walks towards at the end of the clip is his parent/minder? They seemed fine with what he did (its obviously impossible to know for sure since the video finishes).

For me I would be curious to know what was going before this during the match? Controversial serve faults, edges, pre-existing hatred etc? I can't quite imagine what can possibly come even close to justifying this but still it's hard to judge otherwise. That was a sad moment for table tennis...sigh

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis