Hou yingchao and Joo sae hyuk who is the best chopper?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
I have watched alot of matches of both hou yingchao of china and joo sae hyuk of south Korea...but who among the two is the best chopper?

I actually remember there was a chinese tt leagues match where Hou and JSH's team met and their individual clash decided the final outcome, it may even have been the finals or semi-finals, you should search for it on Youtube. I won't spoil the ending but it's more than worth your time finding and watching it.

By the way, I find the original question you posed very tricky, they play with different BH rubbers and consequently different defensive styles, JSH uses long pips and Hou short pips and so the style is quite different. I actually suspect a JSH vs Hou encounter during their primes (I think it's fair to say both players are now past their very best times) would be quite difficult for JSH due to the respective styles even though I think he fared better against other world class attacking players. However, I also do remember that Hou beat Ovtcharov in some Russian Clubs match and thats also no mean feat for a defender. In general if Hou had been a Korean defender I am sure he would have been in top national team for a long time just like JSH, he just never really got a chance because well there are just too many good players in the CNT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
Here is the JSH vs Hou Yingchao match, according to description it was the 2010 Chinese Club Leagues Championship Final, the bit starting around 9 minute mark in the video is very exciting. The quality is unfortunate and I guess the chinese audio commentary will be annoying but still, it was nail biting drama

This user has no status.
Can someone tell me why doesnt Hou YingChao chop much on his forehand? I thought the fundamentals of a chopper is to chop hard anyway he can early on in the game to tire his opponent out, then proceed to being more aggressive. Doesnt a simple block make it easier for the aggressor to change direction of the shot?