Omega V Pro

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Omega V Pro

This rubber is absolutely great with the new ball. It has a good balance of porous but firm sponge with a tacky topsheet. This allows for a high level of power and spin combined with accuracy and a relatively good level of control to keep it all together. It is great for 3rd ball and low trajectory attacking plays and also is very effective in serve and return. I reviewed this rubber with tt11 and thought it was really good!

This user has no status.

I ply with Omega V Pro (OVP) in max on my forehand.

It's a modern rubber, made for the plastic ball. It's slightly hard, but that's just what the new ball requires. I'd rate it a bit softer than T05 + old ball.

It has a hint of tackiness (if you leave the bat to rest on the ball, the ball will be lifted slightly when you pick the bat up), and is therefore easy to control for serves and short play. This also helps as the ball does not slip when topspinning, even as slow speed.

The throw angle is high, but I would say lower than T05. probably similar to T80.

The rubber remains as new for 3+ months, and then loses a bit of spin, particularly if you often hit the ball in the same place! This is like most tensor rubbers nowadays, including tenergy. It remains however perfectly appropriate to compete, although you lose in crazy spin what you gain in control.

While the rubber is very dynamic and there is a nice kick to the ball on strong impacts, it remains very linear and controlable at all times, and small impacts, for short play for example, result in a short / low ball.

Strangely, I find the rubber isn't that sensitive to incoming spin.

It is very solid and does not mark or tear easily, despite a couple of unfortunate encounters with the table surface / edge!

I consider this rubber to be the plastic ball equivalent of Tenergy 05 with the old ball. High throw, linear, spinny, fast when required, long lasting... Only the price is much more palatable!

All in all a great rubber from XIOM.

Reactions: Boogar
This user has no status.

Rate 9.5/10
Rubber type: Inverted
Hardness: Medium Hard
*High throw angle*

I have been using this rubber for about 1 months now on my BH.
During my first game with it, I start to love it. This rubber is just awesome. It is a modern rubber, designed for plastic ball.
It has a hint of tackiness and is grippy. It give you a really safe play with its high throw angle. What i noticed about this rubber is that the durability is really good since i have been using it for 1 months already and it hasnt lose in speed or spin.
During BH topspins, this rubber gives you a very spinny BH with an awesome amount of control. Even when away from the table, you can do a BH topspin with a medium effort.
What i like most about this rubber is BH flick! During BH flicking, i find it really easy to flick with this rubber. With the help of the high throw angle, my flick was effortless.
I would recommend this rubber for intermediate level and above!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Omega V Pro

Omega V Pro plays significantly softer than V Asia and V Tour, and also has a much more pronounced catapult effect. Being someone who has a fast forearm and who puts considerable power into his FH shots, I often found myself struggling to control the length of flat FH hits, with many balls flying off the table, leading me to lose confidence in my FH shots. FH drives and loops felt better and were associated with a loud click and plenty of safety over the net. However, these shots are best played from mid-distance using ‘soft’ hands and a fair amount of touch. This is not a rubber for power loopers. Lifting backspin is relatively easy, but I wasn’t able to impart as much spin on these opening loops as I would have liked. Blocking is good, in large part to the spin-insensitive topsheet, but the bouncy nature of the Omega V Pro meant more of my blocks strayed long than with the V Asia and V Tour. For our full review, see this link.

says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews

My current backhand rubber. I love the black sponge it looks cool. I could write pages from this rubber, but to put is short and simple. This is a really good T05 alternative. It is slower, than the T05, but faster, than the T05 FX. It feels hadrer and less springy, than the T05. The rest is the same. For it's price it is an outstanding rubber.